Obama General Discussion, vol. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected. It is entirely the fault of all those damn poor people and low-wage workers. They're the ones that brought the economy down.

My bad.

I've said a hundred times, haven't I. How about you provide us all with a quote by me or one of the other Lefties on this forum advocating their hatred of America.

If they bought more the economy would be fine. So it is their fault.

I've said a hundred times, haven't I. How about you provide us all with a quote by me or one of the other Lefties on this forum advocating their hatred of America.

No problem, I'll not name the poster but here's the latest: from 12/17 on the The Truth, Still Inconvenient thread.

" so basically you want to wait until it is profitable. i hate this country."

Would you like to be informed of future posts of a seditious nature?

That was me. And Indy is smart enough to get the point without thinking I truly hate America and everything it stands for.

Also, I'm 98% sure I was drinking when I posted that. Damn the mobile app.

Matt Damon Slams Obama, Democrats: 'One Term President With Some Balls Would Have Been Better'

"I've talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, 'Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician,'" Damon tells the magazine. "You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better."

Referring to the Occupy Wall Street movement, Damon continued: "If the Democrats think that they didn't have a mandate -- people are literally without any focus or leadership, just wandering out into the streets to yell right now because they are so pissed off ... Imagine if they had a leader."

it's not Obama's fault ... it's not Obama's fault ... it's not Obama's fault ... it's not Obama's fault ...

good-will-hunting-cry-scene.jpg

Can I just say I love Matt Damon (especially bald)? I get it, Obama has been strangled by GOP machinations against him and all that. But I still have to agree with Matt, and I just admire that he has the balls to say that.

I wish Bo would take a nice big dump on her shoe :D

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin (R) attacked the White House holiday card in an article on Fox News Radio.

The front of the card shows the Obamas' dog, Bo, sitting in a very Christmas-like setting, with a fireplace decorated with wreaths and red ribbons, and a table with a poinsettia plant and presents. "From our family to yours, may your holidays shine with the light of the season," reads the inside of the card, which is signed by the Obamas (including Bo).

"It's odd," she said, wondering why the president's Christmas card highlights his dog instead of traditions like 'family, faith and freedom.'"

"Even stranger than that was his first year in office when the Christmas ornaments included Chairman Mao," Palin said. "People had to ask that it be removed because it was offensive."

Palin was referring to when a right-wing blog posted a grainy photo, allegedly of an ornament on the White House Christmas tree in 2009 showing a reproduction of Andy Warhol's "Mao" portrait. Media Matters reported that the tree was decorated by community groups, not the White House.

Palin said a majority of Americans prefer "American foundational values illustrated and displayed on Christmas cards and on a Christmas tree." With regard to the card, she added, "It's just a different way of thinking coming out of the White House."

"I go on the offense like most Americans do and say 'No, we'll have Christ back in Christmas and hopefully it won't offend you,'" said Palin in a November 2010 Fox News appearance.

The front of the card shows the Obamas' dog, Bo, sitting in a very Christmas-like setting, with a fireplace decorated with wreaths and red ribbons, and a table with a poinsettia plant and presents. "From our family to yours, may your holidays shine with the light of the season," reads the inside of the card, which is signed by the Obamas (including Bo).

"It's odd," she said, wondering why the president's Christmas card highlights his dog instead of traditions like 'family, faith and freedom.'"

"Even stranger than that was his first year in office when the Christmas ornaments included Chairman Mao," Palin said. "People had to ask that it be removed because it was offensive."

[...]

Palin said a majority of Americans prefer "American foundational values illustrated and displayed on Christmas cards and on a Christmas tree." With regard to the card, she added, "It's just a different way of thinking coming out of the White House."

wow, someone's out of ideas.

but, even still, my little gay heart started racing when i saw this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4YlDkCIoIs

Boehner could be on thin ice.

Tea Party patriots will want some blood.

Cantor is thinking his time is fast approaching.

politically, the Democrats actually steamrolled the GOP on this one, which, like, never happens. they played smart politics.

also, don't look now, but Obama's approval numbers are going up, and the unemployment rate is about to go down again.

and yet, it all depends on Europe.

politically, the Democrats actually steamrolled the GOP on this one, which, like, never happens. they played smart politics.

also, don't look now, but Obama's approval numbers are going up, and the unemployment rate is about to go down again.

Finally. Good on the Dems for staying the course. It's about freaking time they don't cave.

Obama's approval numbers might be going "up", but they are still pretty low, and have been for 2 years...

obama_approval_index_december_22_2011.jpg

Not good for him, He really needs to begin to make his case for re-election after the new year. The "do nothing" congress isn't going to help him accomplish shit. I think he's got to come out and say this, repeatedly, its beyond obvious. Then again it might be risky for him because people will know that if he is re-elected they can expect at least 2 more years of "nothing getting accomplished" and more gridlock in congress as they GOP, Teabaggers all try and obstruct EVERYTHING he does. The average American might say to themselves "wouldn't it just be easier to elect a Republican?"

Hence why i keep hoping that Romney gets the nomination...

and the unemployment rate is about to go down again.

(from an article posted by Finance Guy)
#3 If the number of Americans that "wanted jobs" was the same today as it was back in 2007, the "official" unemployment rate put out by the U.S. government would be up to 11 percent.

#3 If the number of Americans that "wanted jobs" was the same today as it was back in 2007, the "official" unemployment rate put out by the U.S. government would be up to 11 percent.

As I understand it, the main reason the registered unemployment rate has declined somewhat recently is because increasingly unemployed Americans are no longer eligible for benefits, having exhausted the time limit that applies.

and? i'm just talking politically here. i agree with you.

but this is how unemployment has always been measured. :shrug:

and republicans are doing all they can to make sure there's no public sector job growth, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom