Obama General Discussion... (Part 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was watching that on CNN and i wonder if the people asking the questions are staged. seems so. :shifty:

I'm sure the questions probably were staged, it seems that way in most of these types of meetings. Of course the way things are going with these health care town hall forums, they had to try to weed out some loony stuff too.

gawker.com

http://gawker.com/5334956/lets-just-say-it-were-scared-someones-going-to-try-to-kill-barack-obama

MSNBC just aired video of a man with a pistol strapped to his leg waiting for Barack Obama to arrive at a townhall in New Hampshire.

The man is carrying a sign that says, "It Is Time to Water the Tree of Liberty." That's a reference to a Thomas Jefferson quote: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." It was a favorite slogan of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, who was wearing a T-shirt when he was arrested with a picture of Lincoln on the front and a tree dripping with blood on the back.

Now, this guy is carrying a legal weapon, says NBC News' Ron Allen. The local chief of police has no objections. Open carriage of licensed handguns is legal in New Hampshire, and the man is standing on the private property of a nearby church (!) that has no problem with an armed man hanging around.

I'm sure the questions probably were staged, it seems that way in most of these types of meetings. Of course the way things are going with these health care town hall forums, they had to try to weed out some loony stuff too.

gawker.com

Let's Just Say It: We're Scared Someone's Going to Try to Kill Barack Obama - Barack Obama - Gawker

MSNBC just aired video of a man with a pistol strapped to his leg waiting for Barack Obama to arrive at a townhall in New Hampshire.

The man is carrying a sign that says, "It Is Time to Water the Tree of Liberty." That's a reference to a Thomas Jefferson quote: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." It was a favorite slogan of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh, who was wearing a T-shirt when he was arrested with a picture of Lincoln on the front and a tree dripping with blood on the back.

Now, this guy is carrying a legal weapon, says NBC News' Ron Allen. The local chief of police has no objections. Open carriage of licensed handguns is legal in New Hampshire, and the man is standing on the private property of a nearby church (!) that has no problem with an armed man hanging around.

I'm sure secret service won't let this guy anywhere near the President.

Gosh. That just made me really, really sad.

These seem to be decent people. They've just been severely misled and are grossly uninformed.

Imagine if so many people on the left took everything Colbert, Stewart, and Maher said and took it as absolutely true. That's what it appears a lot of conservatives are doing with the entertainers like Limbaugh on the right.

Imagine if so many people on the left took everything Colbert, Stewart, and Maher said and took it as absolutely true. That's what it appears a lot of conservatives are doing with the entertainers like Limbaugh on the right.

I don't know about you but to me the word of Olbermann is gospel. :D

My mother is a hardcore Dittohead and the stuff she spouts off to me is incredible. I try to rebutt it but it's a losing battle. The thing is her sole news sources are Rush and Fox news, the same Fox News that didn't even show Obama's town hall today. And people wonder why so many are ill informed.

My news comes from a variety of sources including print (web version), broadcast and internet based. I do however refuse to watch Fox News unless they are being mocked by Jon Stewart. I have my standards.

I don't know about you but to me the word of Olbermann is gospel. :D

My mother is a hardcore Dittohead and the stuff she spouts off to me is incredible. I try to rebutt it but it's a losing battle. The thing is her sole news sources are Rush and Fox news, the same Fox News that didn't even show Obama's town hall today. And people wonder why so many are ill informed.

My news comes from a variety of sources including print (web version), broadcast and internet based. I do however refuse to watch Fox News unless they are being mocked by Jon Stewart. I have my standards.

And that's just the problem. Rush is a businessman and his ilk are buisnessmen. He knows what brings in listeners and he's pretty much willing to say whatever it takes to keep them listening. I don't suppose I'd fault him for it, except that people actually take him seriously rather than seeing him for what he is--an entertainer. I think he and Ann Coulter and the rest are highly irresponsible. It's kind of how I used to feel about Eminem.

gawker.com

Let's Just Say It: We're Scared Someone's Going to Try to Kill Barack Obama - Barack Obama - Gawker

the guy is probably SS :lol:

I'm curious to know how that townhall in NH went.

I think it's worth remembering that if President Obama had gotten his way on healthcare reform, all this 'debate" and "discussion" at these townhalls would be over already passed House and Senate bills. Which I'm pretty sure is bass ackwards in order.

In that regard, we owe all those shouting "slow down" and "read the bill" a debt of gratitude.

I think he's right in that last sentence. We've heard these phrases so much, "we can't sort out the myth from reality". I think it becomes very obvious when you hear the opposition.

so you're for a war with russia?

sorry, but the US trying to be the police of the world and being involved in other countries affairs is partially why we are in this economic mess, AND why 9/11 happened, whether you want to admit it or not.

:up::up:

The administration pursued policies of economic, political and security development in both Afghanistan and Iraq, and while difficult, produced amazing success's in both countries.

Objectively this is untrue. This is not simply a matter of debate or opinion. Your above statement is simply false on any level that makes sense in the really real world that exists outside of neo-'conservative' delusional fantasy and fairy tales.

In the United States, the Bush administration achieved the lowest average poverty rate of any administration since the 1970s. It also had an average unemployment rate and inflation rate equal to the Clinton administration. GDP growth was also similar. Although it will be hard to believe, the countries national debt level as a percentage of GDP under Bush on average was less than that under Clinton. .

It was built on an unsustainable bubble. How difficult is this to grasp? Only someone that has not read any financial news media in the past two years could declare, in the blase fashion that you have above, that Bush's administration was an economic success.

Liberty-and-Tyranny-Conservative-Manifesto-Mark-R-Levin-unabridged-compact-discs-Simon-Schuster-Audio-books.jpg

If you're really curious.

Sounds like another 'I love Israel so, so much but not quite enough to actually live there' kind of book. :lol:

Edit: Ok, I was thinking of a different Mark Levin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Levin

Actually, I was wrong. I thought it was the same Mark Levin as the filmmaker of the same name who it turns out seems a decent kind of cove and not the fanatical Zionist I might have suspected. But whatever. It gets complicated.

As far as how the project affected Levin, he believes that, on one hand, it reinforced an "abiding mistrust of organized religion" that he's had for some time. "Sometimes I wonder if more have been saved by God or slaughtered in the name of God. The toll is millions - not just Jews, but Catholics fighting Protestants, Sunnis against Shiites, Hindus against Siks." It's a tad ironic, then, that the experience of making Protocols has changed how he personally regards his own Jewish identity; he says he's become more familiar with and deeply connected to Judaism. "And yet amongst all races and religions, there are also so many unknown courageous heroes and martyrs who struggle for the age-old ideals of peace, justice and love," Levin adds.

GreenCine Daily: Marc Levin and the <i>Protocols</i>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom