Obama General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By Michelle R. Smith
Associated Press Writer / October 25, 2010

PROVIDENCE, R.I.—The Democratic candidate for Rhode Island governor told President Barack Obama on Monday to "shove it" after learning Obama would not endorse him.

Frank Caprio's campaign last week said he would welcome the president's endorsement. But on Monday, the same day Obama was set to make his first visit to Rhode Island as president and a day after the White House said Obama would not endorse anyone, Caprio angrily told WPRO-AM that Obama can "take his endorsement and really shove it."

Caprio's independent opponent, Lincoln Chafee, a former Republican senator who served with Obama for two years, gave a high-profile endorsement to Obama ahead of the Democratic primary in 2008.

Obama is scheduled to visit a factory in Woonsocket and then attend two fundraisers in Providence for congressional candidates. Caprio had been invited to the tour and one of the fundraisers, but he indicated he would not attend after learning Sunday night that the White House publicly announced it would not endorse him.

"It's an agenda that they're driving," he said.

The White House wouldn't comment on Caprio's remarks. Mike Trainor, Chafee's acting campaign manager, called the remarks unfortunate.

I'm not a registered voter, so count me among those who won't be voting in the midterms.

May I ask why you won't be voting?

I always see it as a right and priviledge that I want to exercise.
Plus, it gives me the right to complain about the government. :wink:

May I ask why you won't be voting?

I always see it as a right and priviledge that I want to exercise.
Plus, it gives me the right to complain about the government. :wink:
It has yet to be explained to me how I am to register to vote while maintaining residence in two counties in the state, and I'm not inspired enough to go vote to go out and hunt down that information on my own.

It has yet to be explained to me how I am to register to vote while maintaining residence in two counties in the state, and I'm not inspired enough to go vote to go out and hunt down that information on my own.

you represent a pretty large demographic, I am sure of that

tea party steam rolling on to a big win in 8 days

Students have the explicit legal right to register and vote in the counties where they attend school, even if they were previously registered in their (parents') home counties. They also have the option to vote by absentee ballot in their home counties with 1 week's notice, provided they're already registered there. Unfortunately, however, registration must be completed at least 1 month in advance of elections, so it's too late to register now.

Yoland,
Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well over in China.

Anyways,
if I do recall Phil was one of our biggest Obama supporters in 08.
He was lamenting that he was too young to vote then.

Now, when he can vote he does not even has enough interest to do a google search to learn how simple it is to register and vote.

It is this apathy that is fueling the large GOP gains.

Anyways,
if I do recall Phil was one of our biggest Obama supporters in 08.
He was lamenting that he was too young to vote then.

Now, when he can vote he does not even has enough interest to do a google search to learn how simple it is to register and vote.

It is this apathy that is fueling the large GOP gains.
Am I Phil?

None of these PA candidates have demonstrated anything that would benefit me. A big issue for me is the cost of higher education. No one cares about that in politics. Why would I vote? What motivation do I have to vote in these midterms?

If there were insane Tea Party people like Palin or O'Donnell here, I might have registered just to keep them out. We don't have that here either.

Maybe in 2012.

I'll take "No, shit?" for 400 Alex.

L10cL.png

They'd even be calling for the nazi communist head of President Jesus in this downturn.

Obviously the only way to kickstart the economy is tax cuts for the rich, and I hear the weather in Iran is nice this time of year.

If there were insane Tea Party people like Palin or O'Donnell here, I might have registered just to keep them out. We don't have that here either.

Um, Pat Toomey is one of the craziest people running in this election. This is the man whom Rick Santorum called "too conservative for Pennsylvania." Rick Santorum.

yes, Toomey and Sestak are in a very close race

and if the Senate passes some bad legislation by one vote, we can blame Toomey and all the PA Dems that didn't take the time to vote or even get informed.

...are you serious?

:banghead:...and the "professional" media is wondering why so many people don't take them seriously anymore, why shows like "The Daily Show" exist. Obama didn't seem too bothered by it, so tell me exactly why anyone else should care?

And for all those who want Obama "fired" in 2012-okay, so we vote him out, and...then what? Newsflash: him leaving isn't going to make our problems magically go away.

Some people have the strangest way of thinking, seriously...

Angela

They're a group of AIDS funding supporters interrupting his speech?

Do you ever look for context or shades of grey in anything, Diamond, or is the world really as horrible and as black and white for you as it seems? <>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom