Obama General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOXNews.com - Administration Threatens to Veto Health Spending Bill After Price Tag Jumps :giggle:

The Obama administration threatened to veto parts of its own health care bill after budget scorekeepers found that the package would add at least $115 billion more to government health care spending.

The Obama administration threatened to veto parts of its own health care bill after budget scorekeepers found that the package would add at least $115 billion more to government health care spending.

President Obama's budget office charged Congress with finding $115 billion in spending cuts or tax increases to offset the price tag hike. The figure approached the amount of money the Congressional Budget Office previously estimated the law would save, and pushed the total 10-year cost of the package past $1 trillion.

$115 billion will come in as the very low end...try an extra trillion maybe?

(We needed to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it)

(CNN) -- "I need a freakin job."

That's the message on a billboard that went up in Buffalo, New York, just in time for President Obama's town hall meeting there Thursday.

On CNN's American Morning, the creator of the billboard, Jeff Baker, said he was inspired to help pay for the eye-catching gimmick because he wanted to "refocus the national dialogue" back to "basic job creation."

When the economy went south, Baker and his brother lost their 10-year-old textile business, which employed 25 people. Their family's woes are reflected throughout the city of Buffalo, which suffers from one of the country's highest poverty rates, with nearly 30 percent of its population living at or below the poverty line. Buffalo's unemployment rate is at 8.6 percent, while the national average is 9.7 percent.

"Like many other businesses in the country, we got caught in the banking collapse and were basically forced out of business," Baker said of his family business. "So for the first time in my life, I found myself as an unemployed dad and husband and person."

A Congressional Oversight Committee report out Thursday said the biggest Wall Street banks slashed their small-business loan portfolios by 9 percent between 2008 and 2009, more than double the rate at which they cut their overall lending.

And though recent indicators have suggested improvement in the job market, with employers adding 290,000 jobs in April, the most in four years, Baker said he and many others haven't seen those improvements.

"We really identify with the fact that we're in this productive nation," Baker said. "And without it, I feel we're in a bit of identity crisis."

Baker is asking for more frank discussion that leads to tangible job creation.

"I would love to sit down and talk about the small-business perspective, a beer-jobs summit with regular knuckleheads like me," he told The Buffalo News.

The billboard has inspired a Facebook movement, found by searching for inafj.org. Close to 1,000 people had said they "like" the site and had left encouraging messages on its wall when the billboard made national news Thursday morning.

President Obama's visit to Buffalo is part of his "White House to Main Street" tour. He has most recently travele

I can't stand Bill Maher but I have to admit- some of that is funny

Huffington Post

Bill Maher criticized Obama's "fuddy-duddy act" at a commencement address at Hampton College last week and argued that Steve Jobs could do a better job running America than the Obama administration.

In the graduation speech, Obama slammed iPads, iPods, Xboxes, and PlayStations as a "distraction," saying the devices "turned information into a diversion that was imposing new strains on democracy."

Maher pointed out that the President's address seemed specious considering how heavily the "hip" Obama relied on social media and the Internet in his campaign.

"I know I'm being a little nit-picky, but how exactly does President Sanford and son think he got elected--by CB radio?" Maher said. "The entire campaign was based on the Internet, but in America, politicians they do that because they know Americans conflate 'out of touch' with adorable."

Maher's solution for pushing the country forward: bring in Apple.

"America needs to focus on getting Jobs -- Steve Jobs. Because something tells me that Apple would have come up with a better idea for stopping an oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico than putting a giant box on top of it," he said.

He explained why he thought Jobs and his Apple team could do a better job running America, joking that we might have to change the country's name (Hello, "iMerica."):

In 2001, Apple reinvented the record player. In 2007, the phone. This year, the computer. I say, for 2011, we let them take a crack at America. Our infrastructure, our business model, our institutions. Get rid of the stuff that's not working, replace it with something that does. For example, goodbye US Senate -- Hello Genius Bar! So good luck, Steve -- you'll need it!

Maher took a crack at McCain and Palin--whom he called "Mrs. Moron"--saying "John McCain thinks an iPad is something women wear on their Xboxes once a month."

I thought that was weird, too. I mean, not that there isn't some truth there, but considering all the talk about him being a Blackberry addict, it just comes across as hypocritical.

State Dinner with Mexico

In the evening, the President and the First Lady will attend the State Dinner with President Calderón and Mrs. Zavala, joined by the Vice President and Dr. Biden in the East Room of the White House.

Security fence protecting the border of the White House. Of course but Arizona can't have one.

Multiple checks of identity once inside the fence. Sure, but Arizona can't do it.

President Obama bowing to the Mexican president. :bow: Priceless.

Security fence protecting the border of the White House. Of course but Arizona can't have one.

Multiple checks of identity once inside the fence. Sure, but Arizona can't do it.

President Obama bowing to the Mexican president. :bow: Priceless.

o6.jpg

o5.jpg

o4.jpg

o2.jpg

3.jpg

ObamaBowSaudi.jpg

The emperor has no clothes.

FOXNews.com - Sestak Opens Arms to White House After Accusing It of 'Illegal' Job Offer

In February, Sestak accused the White House of offering him a federal job last summer to drop out of the primary after abandoning its efforts to recruit
him to run when Specter switched parties. Sestak has since refused to elaborate on the allegations.

Issa has called on the Justice Department to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the matter, and last week he pushed Attorney General Eric Holder, who has refused to say whether he's looking into it, to take action. Issa says a bribe offer would amount to "multiple felonies."

"Could the reason why Congressman Joe Sestak refuses to name names is because the very people who tried to bribe him are now his benefactors?" Issa said in a written statement Wednesday. "Was Joe Sestak embellishing what really happened or does he have first-hand knowledge of the White House breaking the law? If what he said is the truth, Joe Sestak has a moral imperative to come forward and expose who within the Obama administration tried to bribe him."

Hope and Change

(and bribes gone bad)

Obama Announces U.S. Military Secrets to the World | The FOX Nation

President Obama has decided to pre-announce to the world once-secret American ballistic missile tests and satellite launches.

The Democratic administration's goal is to show a friendlier face to other countries and to coax Russia to do the same.

It's part of a confidence-boosting initiative launched, so to speak, last fall when Obama suddenly abandoned the U.S. missile-defense system in Eastern Europe that had exercised the Russians, though it was aimed at potential future missiles from Iran.

Obama hoped such a unilateral U.S. forfeiture would encourage Russia to put pressure on Iran to halt its nuclear weapons development. So far no good on that.

Hmmm :hmm:

o6.jpg

o5.jpg

o4.jpg

o2.jpg

3.jpg

ObamaBowSaudi.jpg

Since the black dude came to office, it seems to me that there is less talk of war, aggression, invading foreign countries on fuck-all pretext, and all that stuff - generally speaking, j'approve. I know it's a mad and crazy idea but let's run with it anyway. Let's run with not having known and criminal war mongers elected to high office, just for a change. Maybe it's not the worst idea not to have white upper middle class war profiteers running the world.

Since the black dude came to office, it seems to me that there is less talk of war, aggression, invading foreign countries on fuck-all pretext, and all that stuff - generally speaking, j'approve. I know it's a mad and crazy idea but let's run with it anyway. Let's run with not having known and criminal war mongers elected to high office, just for a change. Maybe it's not the worst idea not to have white upper middle class war profiteers running the world.

Given that, do you think the president should be sending more troops to Afghanistan?

45%, I guess that means he is twice as good as W?

:wink:

Well, even at W's lowest point, his approval rating was more than half of that. In addition, W's approval rating was always ahead of his disapproval rating throughout his entire first term. He was then re-elected by the first majority in the popular vote since 1988. In addition, his 2004 win saw the Republicans not only maintain their control of the House and Senate, but also INCREASE the number of seats they had, the first time a re-elected President had succeeded in having that happen in half a century.

o6.jpg

o5.jpg

o4.jpg

o2.jpg

3.jpg

ObamaBowSaudi.jpg

I truly hope you do understand that Bush used to bow down to, kiss and even hold hands with the Saudi Royal Family?

Did he have no clothes, according to you?

Its tradition, you'll find every president/foreign dignitary doing what Obama did.

What you wont find, however, is a book about how close Obama and his inner circle are to a foreign entity that does not have our best interests at heart.

This is the problem with these stupid pictures that say nothing.

It shows clearly that today's fox news/tea party led Republican masses do not even want to discuss anything honestly.

House of Bush, House of Saud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Given that, do you think the president should be sending more troops to Afghanistan?

I think its pretty clear financeguy is referring to Iraq.

No one ever accused Bush of being a war monger for doing what anyone in the same position would have done after 9/11 by invading Afghanistan.

Similarly, Obama is not a war monger for finishing the job against the still very real threat of the Taliban.

I don't want to be there forever, and Karzai has to get his act together, but the Afghan war has always fit in with what Obama said from day 1. "I am not against all wars, just stupid wars."

Not to mention, even while dealing with both wars, he's doing so in a way that doesn't sound all, "Yeeehaw, we're gonna go after them bastards!" A lot of working behind the scenes instead of full frontal John Wayne-style crap. He's not coming up with stupid phrases like "Shock and Awe".

And seriously, if one more person whines about Obama bowing to world leaders, I'm gonna scream. SO WHAT? Why is that a big deal? I just figure it's a sign of respect, and him obeying the customs of whatever country he's visiting. Let it go already, people, good god. Bush Sr. threw up on a leader once, so I'd say bowing ain't exactly up there in terms of embarrassing actions by a president of our nation.

Angela

Unfortunately, there is a new breed of conservatives that fall for these Hannity/Beck type attacks. Oh no, Obama showed respect to another world leader, he doesn't believe in American Exceptionalism! Oh NOES...

They fail to do their research they just let Hannity, Rush and the like do it for them.

Well, at least he hasn't gone out on a date with any of them yet like W:

bow_bush_saudi.jpg

They make a cute couple, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom