Obama General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
justice-leauge.jpg

2861, <>, AEON, INDY,

Since you make some of the biggest stretches in logic I'll assume you're Plastic Man.

INDY, the rich privelaged white male that has a gay sidekick, he has to be Batman.

Quick to react, 2861 must be the Flash.

AEON has to be Wonder Woman, just because the irony is too much to pass up.

The deal is when we post things like the recent Acorn scandal who Obama has had close ties with in the past, you at first brushed it off as it is a hoax, then when it's proven you made excuses or dismissed it.
Here's the problem I have with the ACORN scandals, yes I am repulsed that they happened. But even Republican members of the independent review group say that ACORN is an important organization that has done some important work. So to just say ACORN = Obama, and this is somehow a reflection upon him is just lazy Glenn Beck conspiracy bullshit.

And yes I did think it was a hoax at first because how could anyone honestly think that guy was a real pimp? He looked ridiculous. I admit when I am wrong. We'll see what the investigation turns up and how deep the corruption went.

When we look at the whole picture people like 2861, <>, AEON, INDY, will call out corruption regardless of the political party.
This is BS and everyone in FYM knows this, for the posts are there to prove otherwise, and they are probably not too happy to be associated with you most of the time.

And yes I did think it was a hoax at first because how could anyone honestly think that guy was a real pimp?

I was more concerned how several Acorn offices were jumping thru hoops for a guy claiming to prostitute children- that was my first concern. My 2nd concern was watching my tax dollars at work, thinking how can Acorn be so corrupt and the employees so stupid, my third concern was the lack of outrage and complicity by the lame stream media-and from supporters of Obama.

, and they are probably not too happy to be associated with you most of the time.

somebody has to spearhead, while others finesse.

<>

I was more concerned how several Acorn offices were jumping thru hoops for a guy claiming to prostitute children- that was my first concern. My 2nd concern was watching my tax dollars at work, thinking how can Acorn be so corrupt and the employees so stupid, my third concern was the lack of outrage and complicity by the lame stream media-and from supporters of Obama.

Liberals love child prostitutes, what can we say?:shrug:

The lame stream-media was probably just upset that where were only what 3 stories of stupid employees in an organization of thousands, we wanted more...

The President looks very thin-his suits are practically hanging off of him.

National Enquirer are saying that he is chain smoking, not eating properly and collapsed during a meeting. Not the most reliable source, granted. I think it's more likely that he has an exercise addiction, a common American problem, particularly among Obama's generation. He certainly does not look well of late. Exercise is very bad for you, and I generally recommend avoiding it.

I think it's more likely that he has an exercise addiction, a common American problem, particularly among Obama's generation. He certainly does not look well of late.

"Common problem"? Sometimes when you talk about America I just have to laugh...

As far as not looking well, stress can be a bitch, it's taken a toll on most presidents.

Er, no, I got you. I was joking.

Ok, well with the exception of the last sentence it sounded serious, and you've had some extremely misguided perceptions of American culture before so I thought this was just another example of that...:shrug:

Still not sure why you think you baited anyone, but oh well...

My point about ACORN and President Obama's falling poll numbers is; although he won last year handedly, 2012 may -- depending on the GOP candidate -- be much closer in which ACORN'S uh... creative voter registration methods in Democratic strongholds may come in quite handy on election night.

That and a cheap laugh.

If only the GOP had kept the birth certificate thing under wraps till 2012! Then they'd have him!

Here is a little article for those that loved to point out George W. Bush's opinion poll numbers while he was in office. :wink:

November 20, 2009

Obama Job Approval Down to 49%

President becomes fourth fastest to slip below the majority approval level

by Jeffrey M. Jones

PRINCETON, NJ -- The latest Gallup Daily tracking results show 49% of Americans approving of the job Barack Obama is doing as president, putting him below the majority approval level for the first time in his presidency.

Although the current decline below 50% has symbolic significance, most of the recent decline in support for Obama occurred in July and August. He began July at 60% approval. The ongoing, contentious debate over national healthcare reform has likely served as a drag on his public support, as have continuing economic problems. Americans are also concerned about the Obama administration's reliance on government spending to solve the nation's problems and the growing federal budget deficit. Since September, Obama's approval rating had been holding in the low 50s and, although it has reached 50% numerous times, it had never dropped below 50% until now.

Of the post-World War II presidents, Obama now is the fourth fastest to drop below the majority approval level, doing so in his 10th month on the job. Gerald Ford dropped below 50% approval during his third month in office, and Bill Clinton did so in his fourth month. Ronald Reagan, like Obama, also dropped below 50% in his 10th month in office, though Reagan's drop occurred a few days sooner in that month (Nov. 13-16, 1981) than did Obama's (Nov. 17-19, 2009).

http://www.gallup.com/poll/122627/Obama-Job-Approval-Down-49.aspx

So Obama has dropped below 50% for the first time in just his 10th month in office. W did not drop below 50% until the start of his 4th year in office.:wink:

Are there any examples in history of economies that have taken such huge hits and recovered within a year? No one can argue that the hit taken to the economy was Obama's fault, no one, if they try they are completely ignorant. So if we can't blame the hit on Obama the only thing we can do is blame the recovery or lack of recovery on Obama, so I ask, are there any examples?

so Obama's approval rating is ahead of Clinton and about on par with Regan, and he's facing the worst economic climate since the 1930s, enormous deficits handed to him by the previous administration, along with two failed wars.

2012 should be a breeze for him. :up:

2012 should be a breeze for him. :up:

You simply amaze me.

Every president who has won re-election has done so with a larger popular vote and a larger electoral vote than their initial election, at least dating back to Eisenhower. Do you believe Obama's picked up votes? I can't imagine a lot of McCain voters saying "What was I thinking?! I'm voting for Obama next time!", whereas I can imagine there being a hell of a lot of people thinking "This isn't what I wanted. I'm not making that mistake again."

Seems to me Obama should be a little worried. He's got three years to right the ship- or one year if he hopes to get any of what he promised wants done legislatively. People will not buy the old, boring Bush excuse in 2012.

It's rather worrying that apparently people nowadays expect that everything will be done within the first year. It's not like he is going about it the Bush way, "Oh, there's some trees that need to come down."

In three years time sensible voters should base their choice on the full four years.

You simply amaze me.

Every president who has won re-election has done so with a larger popular vote and a larger electoral vote than their initial election, at least dating back to Eisenhower. Do you believe Obama's picked up votes? I can't imagine a lot of McCain voters saying "What was I thinking?! I'm voting for Obama next time!", whereas I can imagine there being a hell of a lot of people thinking "This isn't what I wanted. I'm not making that mistake again."

Seems to me Obama should be a little worried. He's got three years to right the ship- or one year if he hopes to get any of what he promised wants done legislatively. People will not buy the old, boring Bush excuse in 2012.

relax. and work on your sense of irony.

I remember the first Bush had an approval rating of above 80 not long before the election, yet he lost. Obama certainly has time.

Obama's major problem is that he seems to be strongly backing some losing horses. Health Care Reform is killing his approval. His delays on Afghanistan hurt. Also, he has not come out and fought for a balanced budget (like Clinton did - which saved his presidency).

Most people want to cut the deficit in a real, demonstrable way. If he really stepped up us rhetoric on that (provided there was also a real plan) - then I think opinions about him would change (at least the moderates). If the economy is in full recovery and the Afghanistan war seems to be going better by 2012 - he will probably win. If the economy is still in the toilet - he has zero chance no matter what else he accomplishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom