Obama General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Updated October 15, 2009
Fox News Poll: 43 Percent Would Vote To Re-Elect President Obama
by FOXNews.com
If the election were held today, 43 percent of American voters would back Barack Obama for president, according to a new Fox News poll.

PRINTEMAILSHARE RECOMMEND (0)
In what may be the ultimate job rating, 43 percent of voters say that they would vote to re-elect President Obama if the 2012 election were held today, down from 52 percent six months ago, from April 22-23, 2009.

Obama's job approval rating comes in at 49 percent this week. That's down just one percentage point from late September, but it marks a new low approval for the president -- and the first time the Fox News poll has measured his approval below 50 percent.

Moreover, the number of Americans saying they would vote to re-elect President Obama has dropped. If the election were held today the poll finds more voters say they would back someone else in the 2012 election than would back the president.

Despite winning the Nobel Peace Prize last Friday, the latest Fox News poll finds the president's ratings on foreign issues are lower than his overall job ratings. All in all, 49 percent of Americans say they approve of the job President Obama is doing and 45 percent disapprove. His average approval for the term so far is 58 percent.

On Afghanistan, 41 percent of Americans say they approve of the job Obama is doing and 43 percent disapprove. For his handling of Iran, 44 percent approve and 43 percent disapprove.
On the president's handling of the economy, voters are almost equally split: 48 percent approve and 49 percent disapprove. On health care, some 42 percent approve of the president's performance and half disapprove, 50 percent.

Among Democrats, 78 percent say they would vote to re-elect President Obama, down from 87 percent in April. For 2008 Obama voters, 81 percent say they would vote to re-elect him -- that's a slight up tick from the 79 percent who said so previously.

Six in 10 Americans -- 60 percent -- think Obama is a strong and decisive leader.
And while 38 percent think President Obama is getting good advice from his advisors, a larger number -- 45 percent -- think he is "listening to the wrong people"

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from October 13 to October 14. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

Did He Deserve It?

j
u
s
t

s
a
y
i
n
g

lol. you guys beat me to it. quoting Fox News as a source is worse than citing Wikipedia.

Didn't everyone say there'd be an early backlash when everyone realized Obama wasn't going to fix everything within the first year? I remember a lot of people saying that.

It all comes down to what Obama can do by the summer of 2012.

In what may be the ultimate job rating, 43 percent of voters say that they would vote to re-elect President Obama if the 2012 election were held today, down from 52 percent six months ago, from April 22-23, 2009.

Fox News doesn't poll underage Ecuadorian prostitutes living in public housing so of course the number is lower.

I don't actually even remember what ACORN did, because I looked it up at the time and realized it was incredibly inconsequential and overblown by people who were sad their candidate wasn't winning.

The election stuff is old news. The latest scandal with ACORN is how some people went undercover and basically caught ACORN on tape telling the undercover couple - posing as a hooker and her pimp - how to "get creative" to get tax breaks (? is that right? something about taxes).

Like describing her work as "performance art" instead of, you know, hooker.

The election stuff is old news. The latest scandal with ACORN is how some people went undercover and basically caught ACORN on tape telling the undercover couple - posing as a hooker and her pimp - how to "get creative" to get tax breaks (? is that right? something about taxes).

Like describing her work as "performance art" instead of, you know, hooker.

it was a bit worse than that..but yeah.

Fox News doesn't poll underage Ecuadorian prostitutes living in public housing so of course the number is lower.

But they do poll plenty of bigots, uninformed, and oppressed straight white christians who thought the 50's were the swellest decade ever...

See? We can play this stupid game all day long.

But they do poll plenty of bigots, uninformed, and oppressed straight white christians who thought the 50's were the swellest decade ever...

And you know the people polled are bigots and uninformed (and probably racists, too, right?) because?...

Or are you just making mass generalizations and name calling because you don't like the outcome of the poll?

I wish I had your gift, BVS- to be able to tell about someone that I know absolutely nothing about that they're a bigot and uninformed and probably racist because they disapprove of Obama's performance. Is this something you were born with? If not, how do I acquire this power?

2861 and Diamond, look at the post I quoted when I made that comment.

The two of you have absolutely no concept of context. PLEASE PLEASE start to look at the whole picture, you just make yourselves look silly and you actually start to reinforce my obvious generalizations used as a joke.

The President looks very thin-his suits are practically hanging off of him

That's all I can think of to say right now

Oh and he also made it into People's Sexiest Man Alive issue under "sexy shirtless". Who needs the Nobel Peace Prize when you've got that?

2861 and Diamond, look at the post I quoted when I made that comment.

The two of you have absolutely no concept of context. PLEASE PLEASE start to look at the whole picture, you just make yourselves look silly and you actually start to reinforce my obvious generalizations used as a joke.

The deal is when we post things like the recent Acorn scandal who Obama has had close ties with in the past, you at first brushed it off as it is a hoax, then when it's proven you made excuses or dismissed it.

You should have been repulsed with finding out Govt funded offices are trying to help the child sex trade, it wasn't an isolated incident either.
They went to several offices and exposed Acorn as being corrupt.

When we look at the whole picture people like 2861, <>, AEON, INDY, will call out corruption regardless of the political party.

We see the whole picture and will continue to call situations fairly and squarely as we see them- much to the chagrin of some here.

<>

justice-leauge.jpg

2861, <>, AEON, INDY,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom