Obama General Discussion - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #616
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,882
Local Time: 01:02 PM
The president's harsh treatment of Israel and Netanyahu (our allies) in the past few weeks has left me puzzled
__________________

__________________
Bluer White is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #617
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
The president's harsh treatment of Israel and Netanyahu (our allies) in the past few weeks has left me puzzled
Rush has already summed this up months ago. Obama is anti-semitic Muslim

But why do you think it's harsh and puzzling?
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #618
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post

The president's harsh treatment of Israel and Netanyahu (our allies) in the past few weeks has left me puzzled




Could it be ? that expanding setlements in disputed areas is just real bad policy, and a death knell to any possible two state solution?
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #619
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,471
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
The president's harsh treatment of Israel and Netanyahu (our allies) in the past few weeks has left me puzzled


really? i think it's been great.

it's about time the US didn't rubber stamp everything far right Israelis want and actually take a stand on illegal settlement activity. is that "harsh"?

and i'm generally a pretty big fan of Israel. and that means not standing by as it tries to self-destruct. it's great to see Bibi sweat.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #620
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,882
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post


Could it be ? that expanding setlements in disputed areas is just real bad policy, and a death knell to any possible two state solution?




YouTube - Netanyahu AIPAC 2010 Full Speech 3 Of 4
__________________
Bluer White is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #621
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 12:02 PM
You're still not showing "harsh" treatment. Showing a map and the words of one side, doesn't exactly show a complete understanding of the situation.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #622
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
But starting a nuclear arms race as a means to "common defence" wasn't exactly what the founding fathers had in mind, in fact there were many constitutional lawyers that found it unconstitutional and reaching beyond the definition of defense. Just like there are those that are trying to do the same for healthcare.

But as you see, Reagan grew the government, so your dreamworld revisionist history is incorrect. And his actions cost us years and years later...
1. The vast majority of defense spending during the Cold War years as well as today goes to conventional defense spending, not spending on Nuclear Weapons. In fact, operations and maintenance and pay for the troops takes up 65% of the defense budget. The rest is Research and Development and Weapons procurement of which only a fraction goes to Nuclear Weapons.

2. Without nuclear weapons, the United States would of had no deterant against Nuclear Weapons of the Soviet Union or other states. This would be a serious weakness that would have been exploited by the Soviet Union or other states through attacks, invasions of other countries or blackmail.

3. The vast majority of the Reagan Defense build up in the 1980s went to conventional weapon systems(M1 Tank, M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle, MLRS rocket system, Patriot Missile system, Apache Attack Helicopter) and strengthening the all volunteer military. The Reagan Defense buildup in the 1980s laid the foundation for the successes the US military has had in the 1990s and 2000s. Many of the weapon systems, strategies and doctrines developed during that time are still in use today. Many of these weapon systems which have had outstanding performance in the field and saved lives were opposed by the majority of Democrats in Congress. But thanks to the Reagan Democrats and Republicans in congress, funding for these key weapon systems continued.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #623
Refugee
 
U2_Jackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,446
Local Time: 01:02 PM
my problem with Obama is that he's failed to do a very important thing as his role as the president. he's failed to 'unite' or unify the country. both republicans and democrats don't agree with what he's done lately. he also needs to stand up and take some of the blame, I've also noticed, even in his state of the union speech, he played the blame game on others with his sarcastic remarks. and now with the health care bill being passed, the whole thing is ridiculous, when thousands of Americans gather in D.C. to protest, and other Americans across the U.S. are making it known that they didn't want the bill to pass, then something is wrong. He didn't listen to the American people and doesn't care, I hope he'll be able to start turning things around and help sort out the problems here in the u.s. before his term ends...then maybe I'll have more respect for the man. (sorry about my rant! I'm just really mad at the direction America is heading...its not good, at all.)
Everyone should watch more Glenn Beck, that's a man I've got A TON of respect for
__________________
U2_Jackie is offline  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 AM   #624
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 07:02 AM
please never post again
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #625
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Jackie View Post
when thousands of Americans gather in D.C. to protest, and other Americans across the U.S. are making it known that they didn't want the bill to pass, then something is wrong.
the same could be said for...pretty much the entire bush administration.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #626
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Jackie View Post
Everyone should watch more Glenn Beck, that's a man I've got A TON of respect for
Wow. Exhibit A for the efficacy of sensationalistic fear-mongering.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 03-28-2010, 01:16 AM   #627
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,860
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Jackie View Post
my problem with Obama is that he's failed to do a very important thing as his role as the president. he's failed to 'unite' or unify the country. both republicans and democrats don't agree with what he's done lately. he also needs to stand up and take some of the blame, I've also noticed, even in his state of the union speech, he played the blame game on others with his sarcastic remarks. and now with the health care bill being passed, the whole thing is ridiculous, when thousands of Americans gather in D.C. to protest, and other Americans across the U.S. are making it known that they didn't want the bill to pass, then something is wrong. He didn't listen to the American people and doesn't care, I hope he'll be able to start turning things around and help sort out the problems here in the u.s. before his term ends...then maybe I'll have more respect for the man. (sorry about my rant! I'm just really mad at the direction America is heading...its not good, at all.)
Everyone should watch more Glenn Beck, that's a man I've got A TON of respect for
Because previous presidents were such great uniters! Everyone was real happy under George W. Bush! And no Republicans play the blame game, or anything!

Honestly, though, sarcasm aside, it's just a flat out lie to say "Americans didn't want this" or "he didn't listen to Americans." SOME Americans didn't want this. But some did, too. That's the nature of, uh, every thing in politics.

Glenn Beck lives in a fantasy world in which he creates fake threats to your freedom under the guise of patriotism. Calling a moderate health care bill (which would be conservative in any other nation) a "march to socialism" is dishonest and shameful. But that's all that Glenn Beck is, a dishonest and shameful loudmouth.
__________________
PhilsFan is online now  
Old 03-28-2010, 03:07 AM   #628
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2_Jackie View Post
Everyone should watch more Glenn Beck, that's a man I've got A TON of respect for
If you aren't joking, then why don't you show us why? Are there any reliable resources that back up his theories?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 03-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #629
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,882
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
really? i think it's been great.

it's about time the US didn't rubber stamp everything far right Israelis want and actually take a stand on illegal settlement activity. is that "harsh"?
By harsh I mean the administration's decision to manufacture a mini-crisis here. It's unwarranted.

Don't make me post Krauthammer
__________________
Bluer White is offline  
Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #630
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 10:02 AM
If you think ANYONE as president could unite the whole country these days, you're living in a fantasy land.

I'm completely serious.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Democratic National Convention Thread MrsSpringsteen Free Your Mind 504 09-02-2008 03:37 PM
US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part III phillyfan26 Free Your Mind Archive 1001 01-30-2008 02:07 PM
MERGED--> NH predictions + Hillary's win + NH recount? 2861U2 Free Your Mind Archive 586 01-12-2008 01:50 PM
Official Campaign 2008 Hot Stove Thread Varitek Free Your Mind Archive 1003 09-23-2007 03:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com