Obama General Discussion - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:35 AM
The hypocrisy on the left is baffling. All summer and fall we were hearing about how there's no room in the GOP for moderates- Snowe, Collins, Crist, you name it. Yet now, people like Lieberman, Nelson and others are being vilified. I guess there's no room in the Democratic Party for moderates.

Regarding KO's "comment" I halfway expected him to, being a staple of his rants, tell Obama to RESIGN! I somehow stomached his show last night to see how he would react to his two favorite people, Dean and Obama, battling it out.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #272
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:35 AM
What?! How is this hypocrisy? I thought it was Rush saying there was no room in the GOP for moderates?

You make no sense.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Rush yes, but countless liberal talking heads and politicians and likely people in this forum attacked the GOP for not including moderates. Apparently such an outrage doesn't exist when it comes to their own. Be as left as you can be. And if you're in the middle, then we'll make threats against your wife and call you every name in the book, and in KO's case, suggest suicide.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #274
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Rush yes, but countless liberal talking heads and politicians and likely people in this forum attacked the GOP for not including moderates. Apparently such an outrage doesn't exist when it comes to their own. Be as left as you can be. And if you're in the middle, then we'll make threats against your wife and call you every name in the book, and in KO's case, suggest suicide.

Lieberman isn't a moderate. or maybe he was 3 MONTHS AGO when he advocated for precisely what he is now against.

Lieberman is out for Lieberman and is looking at a new job in the CT insurance industry.

also, do you have an actual argument to advance, or are you just going to complain about how The Left is mean?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #275
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I think your understanding of things in this world is what's truly baffling.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
also, do you have an actual argument to advance, or are you just going to complain about how The Left is mean?
This is a general Obama discussion, is it not? I was simply responding to the ultra-insightful and well laid-out argument "Lieberman is a fantastic douche."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I think your understanding of things in this world is what's truly baffling.
Then mind telling me where I'm wrong? Or are you going to do what you always do- say someone is stupid or wrong or missing the point, and then not bother stating how? I guess it is easier that way.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #277
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
or are you just going to complain about how The Left is mean?
But they are a bunch of meanies

I mean they scare you into thinking there will be another terrorist attack if you don't do this, they use fearmongering and racism to rally the people, and they try and legislate against anyone who is not like them...

oh wait, I got confused for a second.

Carry on.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #278
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
This is a general Obama discussion, is it not? I was simply responding to the ultra-insightful and well laid-out argument "Lieberman is a fantastic douche."
Which has what to do with Obama? Why the rant about the left and moderates? It didn't make a lick of sense.

Quote:
Then mind telling me where I'm wrong? Or are you going to do what you always do- say someone is stupid or wrong or missing the point, and then not bother stating how? I guess it is easier that way.
Oh, you are so insightful. As it's been pointed out before Lieberman is looking out for Lieberman, this has nothing to do with being moderate or not. No one has "threatened" his wife, no matter how Beck wants to spin it. There are just many that find her unfit for her role now, you have heard of the term "conflict of interest" right?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #279
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

And before you say it, Olbermann does not speak for the left. In fact I can't think of anyone in here that has ever stated they really like Olbermann let alone worship him, but I can think of some that worship Rush or think the other racist Beck is a "great American". So as hard as you try and bring him into every conversation, it doesn't really matter, that is one of the big differences between the left and right, we don't worship the blowhard talking heads.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yet now, people like Lieberman, Nelson and others are being vilified. I guess there's no room in the Democratic Party for moderates.
Lieberman is not a member of the Democratic Party, haven't you heard?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
I mean they scare you into thinking there will be another terrorist attack if you don't do this, they use fearmongering and racism to rally the people, and they try and legislate against anyone who is not like them...
Come on, BVS. You're kidding yourself if you think the left doesn't do this. Just last week Newsweek ran a fantasy piece imagining if Gore had been elected in 2000. It said that if Gore had won, 9/11 never would have happened, which to me is Newsweek's not-so-subtle way of saying "If you voted for Bush, you allowed 9/11 to happen. If only you had been wiser and voted for Gore, that day never would have occurred."

Gotta love that.

Quote:
And before you say it, Olbermann does not speak for the left. In fact I can't think of anyone in here that has ever stated they really like Olbermann let alone worship him, but I can think of some that worship Rush or think the other racist Beck is a "great American". So as hard as you try and bring him into every conversation, it doesn't really matter, that is one of the big differences between the left and right, we don't worship the blowhard talking heads.
Who in here worships Rush? And why just confine it to this forum? There are people all over who take everything Rush says as God and everything KO says as God. Go visit the Kos, if you're not already there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Lieberman is not a member of the Democratic Party, haven't you heard?
Of course, but he's one of the needed 60 votes.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #282
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
You're too busy worshipping The State and only see Truth in those that glorify its magnificence.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #283
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

i am shocked and disappointed for your failing to heap praise Olbermann on his condemnation of Obama last night.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #284
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Come on, BVS. You're kidding yourself if you think the left doesn't do this. Just last week Newsweek ran a fantasy piece imagining if Gore had been elected in 2000. It said that if Gore had won, 9/11 never would have happened, which to me is Newsweek's not-so-subtle way of saying "If you voted for Bush, you allowed 9/11 to happen. If only you had been wiser and voted for Gore, that day never would have occurred."

Gotta love that.
I'm talking about actual politicians not boogeymen "librul media".

Quote:

Who in here worships Rush? And why just confine it to this forum? There are people all over who take everything Rush says as God and everything KO says as God. Go visit the Kos, if you're not already there.
You and Oscar come close... You actually did when you first started posting, but you've seen a little light since then. I've never in my life actually met one person who treats Olbermann that way, but I've met hundreds that treat Rush that way.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #285
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
You're too busy worshipping The State and only see Truth in those that glorify its magnificence.
How can one person be wrong so often? I mean the odds are you would be right at least a few times... you should go to Vegas because you are beating the odds.