Obama/Clinton Debate in Texas / tonight 8PM ET

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to say, BIG props to Clinton for saying we need to stop the war on science. I've been waiting for someone in the spotlight to bring this up.

:up:

So far I think it's a close, well spoken debate. I feel Obama has made some good distinctions as far as inclusion of more people in the process, but it's a close match.

I think so. She's made some good points on stuff, but when she attacks him he seems to not only be standing his ground, but correcting her in a strong, persuasive way.

I just caught about the last 5-10 minutes of it when they were talking about health care. I don't know if I have the strength to watch more. I expect you guys to keep me up to date :)

she can't come across forceful or confrontational because she will be percieved as mean or shrill, so she only has a limited gameplan.

bill will be feeling her wrath shortly-i promise you he steers clear of her after debates and primary losses:hmm:

what senisble man wouldn't?

and all barrack has to do is smile.
:)

The first debate I felt it was pretty even, with Clinton scoring some strong points and Obama doing so as well.

I think Obama is ahead in this one so far. Every difference that Clinton has tried to isolate Obama has responded to in a convincing way (at least to me, of course). I think Clinton did well overall in health care - I would expect her to be ready to go on that subject, but Obama held his ground better than in the first debate. But in the other topics so far, I think he's come out ahead. His response to "I'm ready to lead from day 1" and especially his response to Iraq really hit the point home really well, I think.

Last edited:
I can't believe the veritable love fest between them again tonight. They are really going easy on each other. I prefer that though, to endless bickering and character assassanations. I think they're both doing equally well at this point. The best point of the evening so far for me was during the Cuba question when Hillary was saying she wouldn't meet with Cuba's new leader until she saw change being made. I agree with Obama saying he would meet the new leader regardless of, or before any visible progress was made. I loved the point he made about how essentially telling Cuba that meeting with the U.S. president is a privilege just reinforces the Bush administration's blind and arrogant nationalistic policy that we're better than other countries.

To me, there were two keys in this debate:

1) Obama must maintain his momentum

2) Clinton must cut off his momentum, paint him as naive and not ready. She has not done that.

That was a great closing comment for Clinton. :up:
Although... I couldn't help but think as she spoke of these wounded soldiers: You voted to authorize sending them over there in the first place!

Good debate! I think Obama was clearly stronger this time.

Is it still going on, or is it over? Is it online, since there's no TV near my computer or vice versa

Nevermind, guess it's over.

Back
Top Bottom