Obama clinches the nomination - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:21 AM
Terry McAuliffe | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Moment of Zen - Terry McAuliffe's Celebration | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Does Terry McAuliffe see all this as some comedy, or is he just living in denial?

Old 06-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #107
Forum Moderator

Choosing on-camera to treat it like comedy as the safest way of expressing defiance, would be my reading. It doesn't play well and it doesn't help the Party, but that's what it looks like to me.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 06-04-2008, 05:49 PM   #108
The Male

Local Time: 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
with all your excitement

let me ask you something

how would you feel if we were getting reports that

super-delegates from
Iowa, Illinois, South Carolina, Virginia, and North Carolina
were coming in for Hillary
and this was putting her over the top and giving her the nomination?
I'd be like

"Aww hellz naw"

Now.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

He wasn't serious about Jon Stewart as head of NASA?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #110
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
I saw that last night when it aired, and I'm not sure what to make of it. This is a guy who did an interview with MSNBC last weekk while holding a bottle of Bacardi. Obviously, parts of it were said in a joking manner (i.e. Stewart as head of NASA), but he honestly seemed to believe some of what he was saying. If not, the man seriously needs to be a correspondent for the Daily Show, because he was hilarious.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 PM   #111
Babyface

Local Time: 10:21 PM
Obama's chances in November look great
Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #112
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynematthew89 View Post
Obama's chances in November look great

He should be considered the odds on favorite.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #113
ONE
love, blood, life

The fact remains that the Clinton campaign became the Giuliani campaign on a roughly 5 month delay. They were poorly planned strategically and were both predicated on the idea that their respective nominees would have the easy path to their parties' nomination. They didn't spread out resources and people on the ground to every state and territory, but rather focused on the only places they felt mattered. Both Clinton and Giuliani based their campaigns on assumptions instead of facts, and in the end it caused their downfalls.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
The fact remains that the Clinton campaign became the Giuliani campaign on a roughly 5 month delay. They were poorly planned strategically and were both predicated on the idea that their respective nominees would have the easy path to their parties' nomination. They didn't spread out resources and people on the ground to every state and territory, but rather focused on the only places they felt mattered. Both Clinton and Giuliani based their campaigns on assumptions instead of facts, and in the end it caused their downfalls.

That's pretty astute analysis. I wouldn't have been crushed if Clinton had won the nomination and though I'm cautiously optimistic about Obama getting the nom, I'm actually a bit skeptical about November. I was just talking to a friend of mine whose dad fits the "blue collar Democratic" profile that gave Hillary strong support and she said her dad would never vote for Obama because he's black. I suspect there are many Dem voters with a similar view and that makes me really sad. I would have liked to think that racism wouldn't be such a motivator among Democrats but I fear that is not the case.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #115
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
That's pretty astute analysis. I wouldn't have been crushed if Clinton had won the nomination and though I'm cautiously optimistic about Obama getting the nom, I'm actually a bit skeptical about November. I was just talking to a friend of mine whose dad fits the "blue collar Democratic" profile that gave Hillary strong support and she said her dad would never vote for Obama because he's black. I suspect there are many Dem voters with a similar view and that makes me really sad. I would have liked to think that racism wouldn't be such a motivator among Democrats but I fear that is not the case.
I agree. It's a shameful truth that in the United States of America in 2008, that either race or gender would be a deciding factor on who a voter supports. Frankly, people with those views don't deserve the right to vote.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 AM   #116
ONE
love, blood, life

Obama the naive - Los Angeles Times

What do you make of this article? I've always known John Bolton is an idiot, but he can't seriously think that's a counter-argument against Obama. It's full of statements taken out of context and his own opinions, not facts. Clearly, it's an op-ed piece, so it's going to contain opinion, but those opinions have to be based on fact and reason, not "Obama wouldn't do what I think he should do, so he's wrong", statements. Yeah, Bolton, your foreign policy positions have worked out real well.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #117
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:21 PM
John Bolton? One of the worse appointments Bush ever made. A completely insignificant man...
Old 06-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #118
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
Unfortunately, I know of a few people (my own mother included ) who will not vote for Obama in November based soley on his race. It's really a shame, because all you have to do is paint him white and stick a sensible pantsuit on him and bam, there's Hillary (essentially...).
Old 06-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Unfortunately, I know of a few people (my own mother included ) who will not vote for Obama in November based solely on his race. It's really a shame, because all you have to do is paint him white and stick a sensible pantsuit on him and bam, there's Hillary (essentially...).
I don't know about members of your family

but, if anything I would be more inclined to vote for Obama because of his background, heritage and yes race

I wish I could have voted for Colin Powell in the 90s, or even in 2000
he was registered as an independent, for much of his life

he would have made an excellent nominee for either, of the major parties

as for Obama and being exactly the same as Hillary

you got to be kidding me
one of the reasons I was supporting Hillary is because I believe Bill Clinton was an "outstanding" president, with exceptional skills, I believe Hillary would have had a presidency similar to his.

Obama has torn down and ridiculed the "Clinton Presidency". Lumping it in with the W Administration.

Obama is inexperienced, I felt the same way about W.

I am not saying Obama will do what W has done.

I am saying I would rather have gone with a more "known" quantity.

And again, I do believe that there is a large percentage of people that would have voted for Powell that may not vote for Obama.

and again, I am certain that for every ignorant person that says they will not vote for Obama because of his race

There are many that are inclined to and "did" vote "for" him because they wanted the change to be the "race" of the nominee

more than they may have considered the actual "track record" and experience of the candidates.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:19 PM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post
John Bolton? One of the worse appointments Bush ever made. A completely insignificant man...
Aside from Colin Powell, I can't think of one worthwhile appointment that Bush has made.

Tags
barack obama