Obama clinches, fist bumps to "Beautiful Day"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swamp: Obama fist bump and tush touch?

click on video and it plays "BD"

I thought this was so cool, having this great historical moment to a U2 song! Evidently the band are supporters or they wouldn't let him use the song.

I hope this is okay to leave here since it's about a U2 song and not just politics.

one can use whatever song one chooses, unless of course the artists asks you to stop. it has nothing to do with wether or not the artist supports the candidate or not.

How about we wait until November before we determine who the president is going to be?

(dear god, don't jinx things! :wink: )

When I came home from work the other day after this happened my husband was all :hyper: to tell me, he said "guess what song he played??!" I said BD and he was like :grumpy: that I'd guessed.
:lol: but I know Obama has used it for his campaigning before quite a while ago.

He had been getting on stage to COBL for nearly a year in his campaign...more than that actually. He used it when he kicked off in January 2007, and continued using it in the primaries.

Thank you. Let's not forget about Mac.

Give him a year or two, and he might start forgetting about himself! Along with what type of Muslims are in Iran & al Qaeda, where he put his keys, the password to the nuclear missile launcher, etc. :wink:

Give him a year or two, and he might start forgetting about himself! Along with what type of Muslims are in Iran & al Qaeda, where he put his keys, the password to the nuclear missile launcher, etc. :wink:

Stereotypes about old people. Excellent. And with nothing to back up those statements. :up:

What about Bob Barr? Why do you all only consider the lame ducks we have presented to us by the corporate media? Why would they ever present you, the people, with a candidate who will do whats best for you instead of whats best for them? Dont just do what youre told without looking into things. Most of you probably dont even know Obamas platform, because if you did Im willing to bet you wouldnt be voting for him. Im thinking its just that most of you fell for his christlike political campaign. His speeches never go into the issues, they just seem to hype him up with slogans of change and hope. Ever wonder why he doesnt go into the details? Becayse if he did you wouldnt vote for him. Dont fall for it just because its the cool thing to do. Use your own head and do some research. His use of Beautiful Day personally sickens me.

And with nothing to back up those statements. :up:

Did you not see the clip of Lieberman having to correct McCain after he claimed that Iran and al Qaeda are in cahoots? (here's an article about it; the video's on youtube, but it's blocked at my work...i think this is the link YouTube - Lieberman Whispers to Correct McCain on Al Qaeda and Iran). If you know anything about the Middle East--which I hope our president would--then you'd know that Shiites and Sunnis don't really like each other. When I elect someone to obtain the power to potentially push a button and attack an "enemy," I'd like to be sure that that person actually knows who he's attacking. :shrug:

ETA: And, preferably, that button-pushing should be done to the tune of a U2 song. :wink:

Last edited:
Dont fall for it just because its the cool thing to do. Use your own head and do some research.

How do you know the Obama supporters here haven't? How wonderful of you to assume they're a bunch of sheep who only like him because it's the cool thing to do.

Did you not see the clip of Lieberman having to correct McCain after he claimed that Iran and al Qaeda are in cahoots? (here's an article about it; the video's on youtube, but it's blocked at my work...i think this is the link YouTube - Lieberman Whispers to Correct McCain on Al Qaeda and Iran). If you know anything about the Middle East--which I hope our president would--then you'd know that Shiites and Sunnis don't really like each other. When I elect someone to obtain the power to potentially push a button and attack an "enemy," I'd like to be sure that that person actually knows who he's attacking. :shrug:

ETA: And, preferably, that button-pushing should be done to the tune of a U2 song. :wink:

I saw the clip, and he made a mistake. I'm sure I could point out a handful of blunders Obama has made regarding foreign policy. Also, I think your post implied that McCain made the misstatement because of his age, and I don't think thats fair to just assume.

Sorry for getting off-topic. No more of that.

The part where he says "corianderstem does not have anything she needs to prove to you, joefun."

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom