Obama clinches, fist bumps to "Beautiful Day" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
How about we wait until November before we determine who the president is going to be?
Thank you. Let's not forget about Mac. It's a little too early to start anointing anyone.
__________________

__________________
2861U2 is online now  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #17
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 79
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrARoundabout View Post
He is going to be the best prez...EVER!
Why do you say that?
__________________

__________________
joefun is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Thank you. Let's not forget about Mac.
Give him a year or two, and he might start forgetting about himself! Along with what type of Muslims are in Iran & al Qaeda, where he put his keys, the password to the nuclear missile launcher, etc.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrARoundabout View Post
He is going to be the best prez...EVER!
No. No he won't be. If you truly believe that, you need to go read about Lincoln and Washington and Eisenhower and Roosevelt..... NOW.
__________________
2861U2 is online now  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Give him a year or two, and he might start forgetting about himself! Along with what type of Muslims are in Iran & al Qaeda, where he put his keys, the password to the nuclear missile launcher, etc.
Stereotypes about old people. Excellent. And with nothing to back up those statements.
__________________
2861U2 is online now  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
No. No he won't be. If you truly believe that, you need to go read about Lincoln and Washington and Eisenhower and Roosevelt..... NOW.

It's hard to compare his presidency to theirs when it hasn't even happened yet
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #22
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 79
Local Time: 03:49 PM
What about Bob Barr? Why do you all only consider the lame ducks we have presented to us by the corporate media? Why would they ever present you, the people, with a candidate who will do whats best for you instead of whats best for them? Dont just do what youre told without looking into things. Most of you probably dont even know Obamas platform, because if you did Im willing to bet you wouldnt be voting for him. Im thinking its just that most of you fell for his christlike political campaign. His speeches never go into the issues, they just seem to hype him up with slogans of change and hope. Ever wonder why he doesnt go into the details? Becayse if he did you wouldnt vote for him. Dont fall for it just because its the cool thing to do. Use your own head and do some research. His use of Beautiful Day personally sickens me.
__________________
joefun is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #23
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 79
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2democrat View Post
It's hard to compare his presidency to theirs when it hasn't even happened yet
What part of his platform do you like the most?
__________________
joefun is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #24
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA View Post
I hope this is okay to leave here since it's about a U2 song and not just politics.
If we can keep the discussion about the song, its fine in this forum but it doesn't seem to be going that way...
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
And with nothing to back up those statements.
Did you not see the clip of Lieberman having to correct McCain after he claimed that Iran and al Qaeda are in cahoots? (here's an article about it; the video's on youtube, but it's blocked at my work...i think this is the link YouTube - Lieberman Whispers to Correct McCain on Al Qaeda and Iran). If you know anything about the Middle East--which I hope our president would--then you'd know that Shiites and Sunnis don't really like each other. When I elect someone to obtain the power to potentially push a button and attack an "enemy," I'd like to be sure that that person actually knows who he's attacking.


ETA: And, preferably, that button-pushing should be done to the tune of a U2 song.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,718
Local Time: 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefun View Post
Dont fall for it just because its the cool thing to do. Use your own head and do some research.
How do you know the Obama supporters here haven't? How wonderful of you to assume they're a bunch of sheep who only like him because it's the cool thing to do.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:33 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utoo View Post
Did you not see the clip of Lieberman having to correct McCain after he claimed that Iran and al Qaeda are in cahoots? (here's an article about it; the video's on youtube, but it's blocked at my work...i think this is the link YouTube - Lieberman Whispers to Correct McCain on Al Qaeda and Iran). If you know anything about the Middle East--which I hope our president would--then you'd know that Shiites and Sunnis don't really like each other. When I elect someone to obtain the power to potentially push a button and attack an "enemy," I'd like to be sure that that person actually knows who he's attacking.


ETA: And, preferably, that button-pushing should be done to the tune of a U2 song.
I saw the clip, and he made a mistake. I'm sure I could point out a handful of blunders Obama has made regarding foreign policy. Also, I think your post implied that McCain made the misstatement because of his age, and I don't think thats fair to just assume.

Sorry for getting off-topic. No more of that.
__________________
2861U2 is online now  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,718
Local Time: 12:49 PM
I was more excited about hearing The Rising in the background after Obama's speech.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:37 PM   #29
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 79
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
How do you know the Obama supporters here haven't? How wonderful of you to assume they're a bunch of sheep who only like him because it's the cool thing to do.
So what part of his platform are you about then?
__________________
joefun is offline  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #30
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,718
Local Time: 12:49 PM
The part where he says "corianderstem does not have anything she needs to prove to you, joefun."

__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline  
 

Tags
obama

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com