O Canada, We Want to Move to Thee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nbcrusader said:

There is no "close minded cult" here, but thanks for the label. It appears that the "condesending dickheads" are those who show up and start discussing members and not issues.

If you are talking about disco2blue he is definitely not condescending and is and incredibly thinking person. Yes, he outshines most Americans on here, too.

U2Traveller said:

I am truly and horribly and sickeningly disappointed in Canadians. I am disgusted, too. I will try not to be hateful back, but it is very hard because I am human.

U2Traveller said:

Perhaps you shouldn't try to be so hateful and try to continue perpetuating hate.

:|

U2Traveller said:

Perhaps you shouldn't try to be so hateful and try to continue perpetuating hate.
This is what you wrote: "I am truly and horribly and sickeningly disappointed in Canadians. I am disgusted, too."
By tarnishing all of us with the same brush, you are perpertuating hate as well.

I think we all need a beer. Molson Canadian anyone? :wink:

Thank you for your response U2traveller. I am terribly disturbed by these events too, as my girlfriend is as well as you can very well imagine. She had this image of Canada, similar to your previous one, of being great and free. But we are just pawns of our own anti-American, Liberal government. We have all these condemnations, but not one answer.
As you can see by some of these posts as well, people don't want to hear the truth, and they band together and hide in their safe numbers, both in terms of amount of Leftist extremists in their group and the perpetual statistics they throw at is, trying convince everything that they know universal truth.

I don't think posting in this thread accomplishes much unfortunately, U2traveller. As you can see, they swarm us, and tear us apart, and then have the audacity to accuse as being arrogant!... It's some grade 'A' lunacy and I do think it's in both our interests to perhaps share our thoughs privately, and without the threats and hatred of most people on this thread. You can e mail me any time, U2traveller - Anyone else is welcomed to too, if you want to talk, I'm more than willing, I like the idea of conversation - not cult like collective thinking.

--- Nicholas ---

zoou2@hotmail.com

'The kings are dead, Long live the kings!'

U2Traveller said:

OK. I don't get it. Just how an I being hateful or trying to perpetuate hate by pointing out that you DO NOT speak for me, a US citizen? You attack anyone who disagrees with you, yet I'm the one full of hate. Interesing viewpoint. :|

(I quoted the original posts, just so eveyone can read them together one more time, if so desired.)

Originally posted by U2Traveller

How is what I said arrogance. It was just explaining the way Americans think and why we do what we do and why we will NEVER be like you. I am pointing out our differences...period. If you think it sounds arrogant, well, maybe it's just because you're proud.

It looked like a pretty honest and straightforward view of the world to me.

What's wrong with explaining how America thinks and showing that America is not all that bad, and what you think. Hmmm? I know, because it's more fun to look down on us. I know.

Originally posted by indra
I'm sure someone else has already stated this, but I'm going to as well.

U2Traveller, you DO NOT NOW, NOR WILL YOU EVER SPEAK FOR ME. I'm a US citizen (and btw Mexicans and Canadians also live in North America, so are also Americans...hell, everyone in north and south amreica are Americans) and I do NOT see things the same way you do. So how exactly do you think you know "the way Americans think and why we do what we do and why we will NEVER be like you" when you don't even know how most of the "Americans" (US citizens) on this board think, act, and feel?

You talk of others arrogance, but your "I know best" attitude is the epitome of arrogance. You dismiss out of hand various studys and surveys, but expect everyone just to blindly accept that what you say is the the absolute truth. You attack other's experiences and views, but expect others to accept what you say as fact, just because you state it.

Well, this US citizen isn't buying your line of bullshit lady. I have my own views, and do not need the likes of you thinking you speak for me, because you certainly do NOT!

disco2blue said:
Thank you for your response U2traveller. I am terribly disturbed by these events too, as my girlfriend is as well as you can very well imagine. She had this image of Canada, similar to your previous one, of being great and free. But we are just pawns of our own anti-American, Liberal government. We have all these condemnations, but not one answer.
As you can see by some of these posts as well, people don't want to hear the truth, and they band together and hide in their safe numbers, both in terms of amount of Leftist extremists in their group and the perpetual statistics they throw at is, trying convince everything that they know universal truth.

I don't think posting in this thread accomplishes much unfortunately, U2traveller. As you can see, they swarm us, and tear us apart, and then have the audacity to accuse as being arrogant!... It's some grade 'A' lunacy and I do think it's in both our interests to perhaps share our thoughs privately, and without the threats and hatred of most people on this thread. You can e mail me any time, U2traveller - Anyone else is welcomed to too, if you want to talk, I'm more than willing, I like the idea of conversation - not cult like collective thinking.

--- Nicholas ---

zoou2@hotmail.com

'The kings are dead, Long live the kings!'

Thanks Nicholas. I think you're right. I want you to know that I don't think all Canadians are the way it seems to be, and I know you know some who aren't. I also want you to know that there are plenty of Americans I'm sure I wouldn't want to know, either.

I feel bad, just really bad that this has to be a commonplace thing at all.

I'm sure your girlfriend also was shocked by this.

It's never nice and it's always a shock to find out that you are hated where you thought you had a friend, or at least people who think like you.

Believe me, me and your girlfriend are NOT alone in feeling this dismay and shock. It's just hard, it's disgusting to be in this position.

I feel like I'm in a big school and I am being bullied.

Oh well. Hate NEVER benefited anyone. On the contrary, I see the light, and I see that I have power and control. We have the power and the control to make things happen the way we want...I mean America.

I guess we should just endure this. This is what it means to be American.

It would just be nice to have a few friends on the outside. I'd like to find some really influential ones.

Last edited:
Indra, trolls have infected the forum. I've discovered that the more you try fighting them, the worse the condition gets.

I miss the good ol' days where we could have good, heated discussion on issues. :up:

dandy said:
:sigh:

i couldn't agree with you more, nbcrusader.

And I'll second that.

I'm itching to reply to some of the more recent BS that has sprung up in this thread, but I'm restraining myself.

If you are an American who stands up for yourself and states your opinion you are a troll because you are American and nothing about you is good, you don't even have the right to breathe.

Souly said:
How can you base your opinion of Canada from one person's experience? It's not logical.

Neither is your logic about America.

Neither is the way Canadians treat and view Americans.

If it is true how you treat us and view us and talk about us then you should change it. That's logical.

U2Traveller said:

Neither is your logic about America.

Neither is the way Canadians treat and view Americans.

If it is true how you treat us and view us and talk about us then you should change it. That's logical.

Can you go through the thread and tell me exactly what I've said that's put America down? Can you tell me what my "logic about America" is?

Once again, I reiterate, I cannot think of anyone I know who is anti-American. It's the Bush administraton's extremist policies that most Canadians are against - NOT Americans!

Unbelievable.

GibsonGirl said:

And I'll second that.

I'm itching to reply to some of the more recent BS that has sprung up in this thread, but I'm restraining myself.

To state the obvious, there's no point in responding anyway.

Michael Griffiths said:
Once again, I reiterate, I cannot think of anyone I know who is anti-American. It's the Bush administraton's extremist policies that most Canadians are against - NOT Americans!

Unbelievable.

Agreed.

Somehow I doubt what you say. I know how hate for a government translates into hate for the people, and on and on and on. Hate is like a disease, it spreads, consumes, destroys, which is basically what Nicholas has been saying.

I don't hate. I cleansed my soul of that. I almost hated you, but I chose not to, and now I am breathing free and easy again and won't pay you any mind tomorrow.

nbcrusader said:
Indra, trolls have infected the forum. I've discovered that the more you try fighting them, the worse the condition gets.

I miss the good ol' days where we could have good, heated discussion on issues. :up:

I agree...on all counts! But eventually they will get bored and go away, and perhaps reasonable, yet heated discussion, can again commence.

Originally posted by GibsonGirl

Also agree. I guess I'll just give it a pass too. Sometimes you have to, or you just get covered in shit. :wink:

I'm laughing so loudly right now.

One person's experience? So I am simultaneously a well-known Liberal politician who denounces America, and University students who are racist, and I made that Beer commercial... I'm not just talking about my experience, I'm letting U2traveller know what is ACTUALLy taking place, that goes beyond my experience.

I can't believe it is so hard for people understand how to read properly. Or, you can read individual words, but you don't have the capacity to put thoughts together outside your own shelled beliefs.

Oh yes, nbcrusader... 'trolls' have taken over this thread, I guess that's why you call people who don't agree with you... oh no, someone doesn't agree with the rest of the U2 site, what a tragedy. I never met a group of people more sheltered from logic in my life.

U2traveller, I really urge you to not frequent this thread any further, it is definitely a waste of your energy.

By the way U2traveller, please let me know if you want the actual proof of Canadian anti-Americanism, I have the articles saved in my favourites, and I could prove to you firsthand the insanity that is taking place in this country - not that you need any proof, juding from the fools who frequent this thread.

Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

I love you all, sweet, sweet bitter apples... awww so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom