nuke iraq till they bleed american - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2003, 04:54 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Of course it is. Why else do we have another Bush in office, a recession-in-denial, another impending Gulf War, manic military spending, coupled with equally manic tax cuts, and an alternate terrorist-edition of the Cold War?

We're repeating the 1980s and early 1990s all over again.

Melon
So will this mean Bush will lose the next election to Clinton?

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT!

C ya!

Marty

Old 02-04-2003, 05:03 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:52 AM
Only to pave the way for Jeb Bush!!

Old 02-04-2003, 05:07 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:52 AM
I get the feeling that some wouldnīt mind if the whole arabic region was eradicated, with spin offs for Turkey and Europe, as long as it serves their criminal leader.

Who cares? Its an old option. No big nuclear bombs, small ones. Oh, nevermind, its just a re-phrasing of old strategy. We have called up God to make a reservation! All VIP seats in the nuclear fireworks show are booked by America, so why worry?

Now lets make a poll: Would you like the usage of nuclear bombs? Please answer with a simple yes/ no.

When do you think the curtains will open?

Is it going to be a good show? Better than New Years Eve at Times Square? Better than Sept. 11th? What do you think? Do you like the new game called Washington Roulette?

Oh and final question: if Bush told you to jump out of the window because its about preemptive strikes in favor of national security, would you? Yes, you would.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:22 PM   #34
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:52 AM
Until this current administration the US nuclear stockpile was reserved for retaliation or concurrent response to only nuclear attack. I'm sure the Pentagon ect. would have liked this to be on the table for decades, but our government seemed to have enough sense to hold them back.

Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney, ect have leaped to a new level of idiocy and evil IMO. If they allow the use of "small" nuclear bombs they will have turned from the axis of evil to the trinity of the anti-Christ. I see visions of the left-behind series in their future. He comes under the guise of the righteous afterall.

That may be a little extreme, and I don't truly believe in that, but I really can think of no reason to submit Iraqi civilians to radiation nor our fragile planet and ecosystem. We have enough conventional weapons to handle his WMD. There is no proof that Sadaam has nukes, I thought Israel took out his reactor.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #35
Bordering Purgatory

Local Time: 02:52 AM
scarlet, your revelations reference is not something i havent thought about.

i believe the next world war will be the last one. and by all indications to everyone outside the united states, its being pushed by bush and his evil cabinet.

truly, i can say with a straight face that american foreign policy is the single most dangerous thing in the entire world. osama bin laden? not even maybe. saddam? are you TRYING to make me laugh? dubya? damn straight. theres a bastard that has me and nearly everyone outside the us scared straight.

nevertheless, the american public has the grand option of excercising their right to vote this freak out of office. they wont though. what does it matter? theres two parties. is that some sort of joke?
i will make you hurt
Old 02-04-2003, 05:40 PM   #36
Bordering Purgatory

let me make myself clear about osama: hes perhaps the most evil man in the world, BUT he does not have the power that the us does to make as big of an impact.

i wanted to clarify.
i will make you hurt
Old 02-04-2003, 05:45 PM   #37
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Flag Pole Pear

nevertheless, the american public has the grand option of excercising their right to vote this freak out of office. they wont though. what does it matter? theres two parties. is that some sort of joke?
I'm not so sure about it. Unless he turns the economy around, and his stimulus packages only stimulizes(?) his corporate $$$ supporters, he'll be one term like his daddy regardless of a war. A former Attorney General, although a little mad, is providing impeachment process to the justice department in a few weeks. Where it will be buried.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:45 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I still love the Onion headline:

"Bush's stqance on North Korea, Attack Iraq."

brilliant

this world is shit
Old 02-04-2003, 05:49 PM   #39
Bordering Purgatory

haha ouizy
i will make you hurt
Old 02-04-2003, 05:49 PM   #40
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by ouizy
I still love the Onion headline:

"Bush's stqance on North Korea, Attack Iraq."

brilliant

this world is shit
Sure feels that way sometimes.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:09 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

I am sorry I responded to this thread.

I should have know from the title that those with opposing views would be labeled as criminals, warmongers, ect....

How silly of me.....

HipHop.....If the administration has any hint that there are WMD that are about to be used against ANYONE, I 100% support the use of any means necessary to save lives. Yes, I do. I expect it. For you to try and trivialize and make it seem like I find it to be one big fun show, is quite insulting and below you.

I do not understand how people are so fired up by an editorial on potential scenarios, yet, nobody speaks passionately about Saddam's recent use of WMD within the past 30 years and continued development of them. Where is the outrage about the abuses he has put on his people.

Bear.....I truly believe with all my heart, that we are looking at a one term president. The only problem is, I have not seen one credible candidate from the opposition.

PEACE
Old 02-04-2003, 06:27 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I do not understand how people are so fired up by an editorial on potential scenarios, yet, nobody speaks passionately about Saddam's recent use of WMD within the past 30 years and continued development of them. Where is the outrage about the abuses he has put on his people.
I think we can assume everybody here is outraged by Saddam's use of WMD and treatment of the Iraqi people. That's why I, for one, don't want anybody who calls himself the leader of the free world to destabilize the region, bring on a potential nuclear war and kill innnocent civillians in the process in order to prevent destabilization of the region, a potential nuclear war and the killing of innocent civillians.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:27 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Intersting.....So you are saying that he does not?

Where did they all go?
Where have they been then?

Iīm not trying to insult you personally, Dreadsox. I just think that none of your honored leaders, the political and economic elite of the United States of America, has learned anything out of Sept. 11th.

How do you want to protect American lives man? By firing nukes on Saddam? By startring WW III? The contrary will be the upcoming affect. Canīt you get this into your head? Canīt you get into your head that there is a difference between attack and defense? Why canīt you understand that? please explain it to me, Dreadsox. I am confused. Canīt you understand that firing off nuclear weapons, preemptively, for whatever reason IS NOT defense?

No one on this message board truly knows if and what Saddam has. But, if his plan would be to eradicate the American East Coast with nukes, why didnīt he start until now? Does he wait for Bush, or what?

The steps that are discussed in this thread, the strategy, is not saving American lives. Its killing American lives.

In my very humble opinion, Sir Dreadsox.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:16 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Scartletwine,

"Until this current administration the US nuclear stockpile was reserved for retaliation or concurrent response to only nuclear attack."

Thats completely false! US policy has always reserved the option of using Nuclear Weapons at any moment and at any time we felt they were needed. It was US policy to defeat a Soviet Warsaw Pact invasion of Europe from 1945 to the early 1960s with the massive use of nuclear weapons. A first strike before the invasion had started was considered most likely. It was only after the early 1960s that the USA developed the policy of "Flexible Response". Although "Flexible Response" attempted to emphasize fighting a potential war in Europe with the Soviets with conventional weapons, it clearly stated that the USA reserved the option to use nuclear weapons in any senerio it felt necessary.

Folks,

The Bush Administration is simply restating a decades old policy. The USA certainly reserves the right to use nuclear weapons in any situation it feels necessary, just like every US President has done since 1945. But I don't see Nuclear Weapons being used in Iraq because there is no need. But its important to reserve the option in the event of the unpredictable.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:30 PM   #45
Bordering Purgatory

sting2, i hardly care when this policy began, its still evil.

i will make you hurt