Nuclear warfare scares me to death - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2003, 12:05 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Nuclear warfare scares me to death

N. Korea Nuclear Development

it is my number 1 fear in the world...nuclear warfare/holocast

it is the single most ugly thing ever invented anf I wish it had never been invented.
it has one side effect and that is death...and it isn't precesion...it means drastic civilian deaths...and implications for the environment. It's absolutely sick that these monster exist on our planet...and I still don't understand why!

I know it's naive thinking...but why couldn't everyone just desttoy theirs and eat the blueprints?

Old 10-02-2003, 12:38 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:03 AM
I feel the same way. Perhaps it's naive or whatever but this stuff scares the out of me. Plus there are better things for governments to spend $$ on.

Old 10-02-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

I feel exactly the same way also. Nuclear weapons are one of the most evil things created by man. And it sickens me to see governments investing billions and billions of dollars in finding new and even more sickening ways to kill people, when just a fraction of that money could save the lives of millions of people dying through lack of clean water or lack of healthcare.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:13 PM   #4
War Child

Unfortunately, warfare is the way of our species and always has been. Only when we drastically change the way we look at ourselves and our world can we get past it. But it's possible!
Old 10-02-2003, 05:39 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:03 AM
Nuclear warfare has been a possibility for over 50 years. Most of you don't remember the duck and cover drills done by school children. At one time, the threat was considered real.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:16 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:03 AM
Re: Nuclear warfare scares me to death

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
it is my number 1 fear in the world...nuclear warfare/holocast
Wait until nanotechnology arrives. I'm sure we'll then yearn for the good old days of nuclear terror.

Melon
Old 10-03-2003, 06:30 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Re: Re: Nuclear warfare scares me to death

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Wait until nanotechnology arrives. I'm sure we'll then yearn for the good old days of nuclear terror.

Melon
I thought that technology was going to be used to give ants cell phones?
but I guess we'll use to it too annihilate the planet
Old 10-03-2003, 11:11 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Nuclear warfare has been a possibility for over 50 years. Most of you don't remember the duck and cover drills done by school children. At one time, the threat was considered real.
I've heard about that stuff from my parents (those "duck and cover" drills were really dumb...hiding under a desk will not save a child from a nuclear blast). And it's also interesting when I'm watching old "Twilight Zone" shows...that threat was discussed on there quite often.

Anywho, yeah, nuclear warfare scares the bejesus out of me, too. That is also my biggest fear. I sincerely hope that the world NEVER gets to that point.

I think it's sad that this world actually feels that kind of weaponry is necessary. Why can't every country in the world that owns nuclear weapons just destroy them and resolve to never build anything like that again?

Like others have said, there are more important things worth spending money on than nuclear weapons and anything involved with them. I hate the fact that our government uses some of our money to help with that kind of thing.

I just pray that my generation as well as future generations can take big steps to make it so nuclear weapons will be a thing of the past. I rather like living here on Earth, and it'd be nice to keep this planet around for a very long time.

Angela