Nuclear Power Iran, Masses Troops on Border of Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iran did not have to take the actions they are apparently choosing to take.

It has long been a doomsday scenario of a nuclear Iran invading a weakend Iraq gaining control of its oil fields, I said it a little while ago and I was laughed at, well whose laughing now - not me for one. Im quite bothered about it.

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040615-055649-4707r.htm

A pan-islamic theocracy with nuclear weapons is the stuff of my nightmares, this is why the US cannot loose in Iraq and this is the real threat to humanity a bunch of Islamist fanatics with the bomb, we must have a mission to raze their nuclear power plants just like Osirak was razed otherwise the concequinces will be dire.

But then again this is only 4 battalions, there hasnt been a drive within Iran to recruit and it seems too stupid, even for them. I seems suspect and I wouldnt be surprised if something more major happens once they get their bomb out in the open.

Looking at the long term goals of Iran any increase (remember they allways keep their western front protected) is not provocation but it is certainly not a defensive thing. The Iranians have been lying about their nuclear program (why the hell does such an oil rich nation need nuclear power?) and the IAEA is doing bugger all about it. If America failed in Iraq it is entirely concievable that Iran would have a "humanitarian intervention" and would sieze the oil fields around Basra, takeover the Central part of the country as well as the Kirkuk oil fields. This would make it the largest oil producer in the world, it would for all intensive purposes be an islamic superpower and it would in all probabilty continue conquesting the ME gaining control of even more.

Luckily if such a situation was to occur Israel is there with its own nuclear weapons and fighter planes and would easily wipe the Insane Mullah's from the face of the earth while the UN quibbles about Irans actions and launches resolutions criticizing the Israel and the USA.

Last edited:
If I read the article, they have intelligence operations going on inside Iraq. It concerns me.

Laker fans should be concerned,
I think Red Sox fans are safe.

Does not it concern Shi'a and Moslems and Sunnis.

Dreadsox said:
If I read the article, they have intelligence operations going on inside Iraq. It concerns me.

Whatshisname the US handpicked Iraqi who was caught out as an Iranian spy. Can't remember, too tired.... The thought goes that Iran have a very heavy hand in Iraq at the moment. I'm surprised it's not a bigger deal, but I think keeping everything as calm and rosy as possible is the goal between now and November....

Back
Top Bottom