Now this got my blood boiling. - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:54 PM
Let's take care of these critics and test a nuc in the Middle East! (I kid, I kid )

Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:54 PM
Free tip of the day: Don't try to put the code for a emoticon in parentheses.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:54 PM
I think we (the US) needs to hit itself with the pain stick some more before we criticize statements out of the Middle East again......
Old 01-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Well, what do expect from the "great Satan"?
Lies, of course.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Does anyone have a traslated article from the Mid East media outlets that are spewing all this? I'd have to read it.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #36
War Child

Local Time: 01:54 AM
I wondered how long it was going to take before some losers tried to find a "human" connection to a natural disaster. Took a few days only. People SO need tangible scapegoats.

Maybe we can blame Pakistan...weren't they the last ones to test the A bomb couple years ago? Sure, it was many thousands of miles away from Indonesia, but maybe its vibrations loosened the plate just enough resulting in the Dec. 04 earthquake.

You suck Pakistan!

(Just kidding...i'm from there, eh...)
Old 01-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen
Free tip of the day: Don't try to put the code for a emoticon in parentheses.

if you put a space between the emoticon and the closing parentheses, it will work fine. ( )
Old 01-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #38
The Fly

After World War II, the US set off hundreds of nuclear bombs in micronesia, near where three tectonic plates meet. They were done there because the tests were deemed too dangerous to be done on US soil. The most powerful bomb tested in Nevada, is less than 1% as powerful as the largest bombs tested there.

Did all those atomic bombs 40 years ago possibly damage the earth's tectonic plates? Perhaps Pakistan or India's underground nuclear tests did it? It's anybody's guess.

Here's an interesting article I found:

http://publish.portland.indymedia.or...1/307168.shtml
Old 01-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #39
The Fly

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Re: Now this got my blood boiling.

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Various fundamentalist media outlets in the middle east (Egypt for one example) is saying that the U.S. caused the tsunami by testing nuclear weapons.
How stupid can some people be anyway?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks a lot for the link, datatyme, I skimmed through it for a few minutes (I need sleep very badly as I am typing), but for sure I will read the whole thing word for word after I charge my batteries.

Before I go on, allow me to say this: I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE USA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CAUSING THE TSUNAMI UNTIL WE ARE PROVEN GUILTY OF IT BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT. With that said, it's interesting how nuclear testing may play a role in a natural disaster. Of course I really hope the person who provided these explanations is completely sane and honest, and not a nutcase. I read bits of it with quite a bit of doubt, it's not easy to overcome.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:41 AM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:54 AM
Wait a second, this isn't "The Jews" fault, these guys are letting themselves down, they have to stick to the same story otherwise these elaborate conspiracy tales just look pathetic.

p.s. Nuclear weapons could trigger a tsunami if they were used to trigger a collapse of the continental shelf, but the concept that atomic tests caused tsunamis by creating a 9.2 earthquake is implausible (not least because such a weapon would have to be a true doomsday device, freaking huge)- get a freaking cluepon, not everything in this world is the fault of the United States this event was caused by a big chunk of cold oceanic crust subducting beneath the continental crust that the entire archipelligo was built from (oceanic crust melts and moves to surface creating new continental crust), the energy released from this makes most nuclear weapons look piss weak.

p.p.s. Why is it that people attack the US for nuclear testing ignoring the partial test ban treaties that it pioneered as well as the more massive tests conducted by the USSR. Testing these weapons was a very important thing to do, understanding the mechanisms and learning from experience has yielded important knowledge about the power of the atom, this energy can be used for peaceful purposes (project Orion for instance was a legitimate use of nuclear devices). Do not be so quick to judge the deeds of nations with the benefits of hindsight.

I cannot abide such petty politiking at the expense of facts over a natural disaster especially one of this magnitude. A more reputable page on this may be found here
Old 01-09-2005, 02:32 AM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:54 AM
Can I also just point out a great website www.memri.org , it provides translations and downloads of various ME media outlets, now it is not representative of whats on TV however what it demonstrates is that these views are presented on supposedly moderate outlets and become widely accepted. The "group think" that one may find in the cesspool of state controlled media outlets in the Arab world just makes conjecture that we here find laughable become legitimate in the eyes of millions.

Here is the quote from Al-Usbu'
Quote:
"Was [the earthquake] caused by American, Israeli, and Indian nuclear testing on 'the day of horror?' Why did the 'Ring of Fire' explode?... The three most recent [nuclear] tests appeared to be genuine American and Israeli preparations to act together with India to test a way to liquidate humanity."
Pesky bloody Zionist Hindu's.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:01 AM   #43
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:54 PM
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBu...20050107b.html

Cripes that is a massive link. Sorry.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:04 AM   #44
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:54 PM
Um. That is not what I'd call a balanced article...Apologies again

There seem to be a few debating this is people want more for the discussion?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:12 AM   #45
Refugee

Local Time: 04:54 AM
i think the really sad part is not that a blatant, ridiculous lie is out there, but that a lot of people are just ready to believe it!

similar things were said by a lot of idiots in my country (Turkey) when the earthquake struck here-although it wasnt american nuclear testing, it was god's wrath or whatever.

unfortunately, the public has a tendency to take everything on TV as a fact. really, like when colin powell showed pictures of WMDs in the security council and said 'this, this and this... these are WMDs' didnt many people take it as a fact.

or recently i saw this book by a guy called texe marrs, who blamed every single thing wrong with the planet on 'the illuminati' and the jews (cheap-shot) he said stuff like, jews steal our money and govern our country secretly and theyre in league with african-american societies! what the hell. i dont even count thousands of pundits who think that way in the middle east.

im sure a lot of people are willing to overlook some evidence (and sometimes the obvious) to believe some lies they like.

if you can tell a lie and make it likeable enough, you dont have to justify it with any facts isnt life beautiful?