Not Me for President

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spiral_Staircase

War Child
I would never, ever, under any circumstances, want to be President of the United States. People think you have done and can do way more than is possible. Yes, you get credit for good things that happen, whether you caused them or not, but you get blamed for negative things under the same circumstances. Please don't interpret this as me saying that George Bush is getting an unfair, bad rap. That's not it at all. This is just something I've noticed with all 3 presidents of my adult life. What a crappy job.

Anybody feel differently? Even if you know it could never happen, would anybody here want to be the chief executive of their country?

*Mildly interesting side-note: My great-uncle ran for President in 1976...got almost 16,000 votes in 9 states (Jimmy Carter got 40.8 million votes).

lol. I would have to agree. It would be a sucky job and I certainly don't want it.

not me
not no way
not no how

a friend of mine is running for senator and i think he's crazy

Spiral_Staircase said:
(Jimmy Carter got 40.8 million votes).

jimmy carter was a peanut farmer.

yes, i would like to be president. i mean, if you take the blame for the bad stuff that will happen, perhaps you would try not to make them happen or ease things so it won't be so terrible.

two things stand in my way:

millions of votes.

i am not legal to run.

if i start campaigning now...by the next election i will be legal to run in (2020) i should have...*counts on fingers* 7 votes. :D

I'm planning on getting in to politics anyway. I'm Canadian so I cannot run for U.S president. My friend wants to though.

If I was American I think being Secretary of State would be the spot to be in. Most interesting anyway, all the 'fun' of international affairs without all the boring shit the Pres has to do, like taxes and corporate scandals and opening libraries named after you.
Aussie politics are too boring. Nothing really happens. But still, foreign minister would be where it is at. Although I suspect in Australia that job has less to do with US style Colin Powell jetting around the world either convincing someone to make peace or go to war and more to do with dealing with young Aussie males getting in trouble in foreign countries for alcohol related offences.:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom