Not Happy John - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 12:41 PM
Not Happy John

How long is this little going to be Australias PM?

he is running Australia into the ground, hes taking us back to the dark ages with the new work place rules and every thing else

I say its time for him to go!

i dont know who keeps voting for him but they are total idiots

he pretends he knows nothing about all the shit that goes on in Australia, it just a big cover up

i really wish we could get rid of him we need to find someone else

but i dont think the other party leader is any good, we need some new meat to be Australia's new PM!

(sorry for my rant)

Old 05-07-2006, 01:08 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

They get some things right, such as VSU

Old 05-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #3
War Child

i guess so but lately they have been a buch of idiots with the man killed in the war the keep changing the story its a huge cover up
Old 05-07-2006, 02:03 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

I would await independent investigation before making those conclusions.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:27 AM   #5
War Child

i see where your coming from but they keep changing the story thats why i think its a cover up

but i really think we need a change, not every thing but some things
Old 05-07-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
They get some things right, such as VSU
oh yeah. dont forget:
ir changes
selling of telstra (how do you sell something to the public when they already 'own' it?)
gst
awb
iraq

and so on. top notch job!
Old 05-07-2006, 04:10 AM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
top notch job!
For all but AWB I would say that statement seriously..
Old 05-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:41 AM
That thing that puzzles me, hardly any Australians say good things about him yet he keeps getting re-elected.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 AM   #9
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
For all but AWB I would say that statement seriously..
That's because you are young, live at home and are a uni student. Perhaps the only one who doesn't care about spending half a mortgage's worth on your education. Or workers rights (as you dont seem to work, alternating all your time between uni and FYM).

FinanceG, you'd have to ask the north shore why he keeps getting voted in. You'll roll your eyes and think you're reading an FYM thread from the right on what Howard does for us.

This country drives me fucking mad. For real. Like the US we all hate Howard but somehow the mental head got in again. And it's seriously deluded people who keep on voting for him. He has seriously gone fucking mad and no one seems to care! Not that Australia seems to be brimming with those who are mentally together. Did anyone watch Peter harvey's mailbag last night? Loved it. Some fuckwits out there think that it is high time we got nuclear power! We could be then like France! Joys!

No, A_Wanderer. This country is fucked. And you will change your views as you move through different social and economic brackets.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:32 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:11 PM
Thank you Anna for telling A Wanderer what I wanted to, but felt unable to say without using a few more expletives.

If you are an average working person from a non-Anglo/Celtic background, then John Howard has done NOTHING for you.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:39 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
That's because you are young, live at home and are a uni student. Perhaps the only one who doesn't care about spending half a mortgage's worth on your education. Or workers rights (as you dont seem to work, alternating all your time between uni and FYM).
I am accumulating a HECS debt, university costs money and I live in a country where it gets a good deal of subsidy. Relative to other countries education costs is pretty damn small, it is a very, very favourable loan scheme and I am not in a position to complain, especially given the resources upswing that we are in right now that gives me good employment prospects when I get out there.
Quote:
Some fuckwits out there think that it is high time we got nuclear power! We could be then like France! Joys!
The problem with nuclear power is that we have enough coal that itn't economically viable, it is the best choice if we wanted to cut our carbon emissions though.
Quote:
No, A_Wanderer. This country is fucked. And you will change your views as you move through different social and economic brackets.
Where are we fucked? do we have massive unemployment? outrageous interest rates or inflation? Are we running a massive deficit? Are the poor dying in the gutters while the rich get greater and greater tax cuts?

You would make a much more persuasive argument about this if you were talking about the ammount of debt accumulation. As soon as interest rates climb a bit more and petrol prices get worse (and they will) the government will loose claim to being good stewards of the economy and will be kicked at the ballot box, unless the opposition is frighteningly inept or just plain frightening.

The key to Howards success has been playing it moderate for the most part (but taking stands on votewinners e.g. refugees, Islamic terrorism, US alliance and gun control), being relatively unassuming and bland and having the good luck of being in power during a pretty good economic situation. People may hate the man to all fuck, but they will vote out of their self interest and Howard has had that cornered.