Northern Ireland Assembly like to fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloudimani

Acrobat
so it seems that finally the unionists have had their way and power-sharing in Northern Ireland is going to collapse.
The catalyst for this is some documents seized from Sinn Fein offices by police which "could be used for terrorist pruposes". This was followed up by an arrest by a senior figure in the party and more raids in West Belfast.

Anyway, I dont condone violence and I'm certainly no supporter of Sinn Fein. I am a supporter of peace though and I think jumping straight out of government is a mistake, surely there are other ways to deal with this, wait for an IRA statement at least, or even for the actual evidence to come out.

The truth is the unionists have been looking for excuses to get out of this for ages, you could almost hear them all sigh with relief when the news came out. Which is funny, cos most of the violence, shootings, and killings you hear about on the news these days are involved with the Loyalist feud.

Seems the unionist parties in Northern Ireland dont want to share power and hence dont seem to want peace.

Yeah, the UVF and blah blah feuds are in my area..........a handful around my home have been shot........yes its gettin out of hand......and thats why army and police have been up and down in landrovers past my door and doing checkpoints all round my area.............tightened esp. when one has been shot.............
we even had a van-bomb hoax near our house 2 weeks ago.....

down.gif

it was meant to happen and was waiting to happen and expected to happen - this collapse........

things are starting to spiral out of control..........

:(

Well this isnt good news. I could see now the IRA and unionist groups starting on eachother again. If Sinn Fein is removed from gov't there are gonna be some disorder amoungst IRA boys.

Much uprest isnt good. And i know what your sayin when you say about all the violence has been againist loyalists. When i over in the summer there was a few killed just walking down the street. But we never see that on the news over here in North America, its only bombings by the IRA.

I do agree, I think the news in America is very one sided. They make it look like IRA are the only ones doing anything. I know there is more going on than what they show.

Just my opinion...

:|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom