North Korean missiles can reach the US, great... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:19 PM
North Korean missiles can reach the US, great...

So North Korea has missiles that can reach US soil. The CIA announced this today. Like we didnt have enough crap to worry about already. I wish North Korea would just calm down. Why do all the completly poor and destitute countries think they need to prove themselves w/ nukes. Feed your damn people. How does a regime seriously think they're going to last when they spend all their money on weapons and NOTHING on the people and state itself. Rediculous.

Sorry, I hate North Korea I know, I shouldnt hate them, but I was in Japan when they "test fired" a ballistic missile over the island. That can make you not like a country.

Old 02-13-2003, 03:21 AM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Sorry to burst a bubble here, but this is old news. It was known long before that North-Korea has missiles that can reach the USA. No, I don't know why it was 'announced' today, but it is nothing new. A few months ago I already saw a picture in a magazine showing the range of different North-Korean missiles. The one with the largest range can reach the US northwest (the state Washington, maybe northern California).

As for how a regime can last when they only spend money on weapons and none on the people and state itself... They do have weapons to suppress any opposition. It's the wrong option (because with good government and spending enough money on food and shelter there would also be not much opposition), but it's the option they choose. Hopefully the situation can change for the better in the near future...

C ya!

Marty

Old 02-13-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Another factor is that the North Korean missle has not been tested - the missles can only reach the US on paper. Same holds true for their nuclear weapons. I am not aware of any testing program that would suggest North Korean nukes even work.

(Though, I don't want to wait and find out)
Old 02-15-2003, 02:20 AM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 11:19 PM
This is one of the reasons I supported the "missile shield", or SDI technology. I know this stuff scares some here, but I would not like to be a sitting duck either, and I hope we can have a true, literal defense against such a thing,soon!

Just my 2 cents!
Old 02-15-2003, 04:42 AM   #5
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 12:19 AM
StatelessPop:

the scary things about SDI: Warhawks will be more likely decide to use Nuclear weapons outside the US because they feel safe.

The US feels even less need to talk with other countries. (Every diplomatic contact with countries who have no missile shield becomes irrelevant?)

Klaus
Old 02-15-2003, 12:27 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:19 PM
My American friends

Quote:
Originally posted by StatelessPop
This is one of the reasons I supported the "missile shield", or SDI technology. I know this stuff scares some here, but I would not like to be a sitting duck either, and I hope we can have a true, literal defense against such a thing,soon!
Hey I thought we were your human shield (Canada); we were during the Cold War, and now we really have nothing else to do (hey, its winter). Our track record at deterrence has been pretty good... no "actual" missile attacks as of yet (hope that we maintain that clean record).

I thought I used to understand why the US was hated around the world, but its just getting ridiculous now. You're damned if you do something and screwed if you do nothing.

Good luck from a sitting duck.