North American Union? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 08-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #16
Local Time: 12:01 PM
ok, i'm not as intelligent as the rest of you guys so i have a couple of questions. if you can answer them in the most simple manner i will appreciate it.

1: what is the drawback back to having a 1 world government? does it necessarily mean we are moving toward a "dystopian" type society as shown in this clip?

2: would it be possible to have a totally free society that is safe/secure as well? i mean does security= a few lost civil liberties? or would more free society be on the edge or will be anarchy?

Old 08-12-2008, 08:20 AM   #17
Local Time: 09:01 AM
I have my house in Edmonton but work 3 weeks up here then home for 4 or 5 days. Houses up here are stupid! I get subsistence through the union agreement, 195$ a day tax free. works out to about 4500$/month. Rent is 700$/month, plus other expenses (food, gas). Its all relative a suppose, if you clear 4000$ a week a 3000$ mortgage payment doesnt seem all that big.

With regards to newfies out here, trev. They have it the best of the lot. They get their flights home, get lay offs when they want, and get to go home to an economy that doesnt force them to work day after day. We in Alberta still work away from families but have to deal with the long term effects of this economy. If people from other areas of the country dont like it, simple, quit and go home. Most people from out of Alberta are coming here and undermining our wages and agreements, so by all means, go home.