Norman, Hilary and Media Silence - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:31 PM
Don't worry about it-you're still so much more mature than some people.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
^ boy, everyone's really getting a rise out of you, aren't they?
Hey, I learn a new word from diamond every day: imbeciles, sycophants... they don't make sense in their context, and just reflect on the poster, but still, you don't learn that kind of language in your English courses in school, do you?

Old 09-14-2007, 05:09 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, it's oh so educational
Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Hillary is a total disaster. I mean here's a Christian woman who found it in her to forgive her husband's transgressions...maybe for the sake of preserving the marriage, maybe for her child, maybe because she thought they still made a lovely pair, maybe it's because she was quoted as saying that he was the only man who ever understood her. So she goes and exercises something some fella by the name of Jesus talked about - forgiveness. What a total fucking outrage. I can't believe she's enabling this piss poor behaviour. She's part of our decaying moral fabric. Thank God your average American can see right through her evil act.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #50
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:31 PM
To borrow a phrase from a fellow poster:

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Hillary is a total disaster. I mean here's a Christian woman who found it in her to forgive her husband's transgressions...maybe for the sake of preserving the marriage, maybe for her child, maybe because she thought they still made a lovely pair, maybe it's because she was quoted as saying that he was the only man who ever understood her. So she goes and exercises something some fella by the name of Jesus talked about - forgiveness. What a total fucking outrage. I can't believe she's enabling this piss poor behaviour. She's part of our decaying moral fabric. Thank God your average American can see right through her evil act.
Ka-ching.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Well where does she get off upholding the sanctity of marriage???
Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: To borrow a phrase from a fellow poster:

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen
Ka-ching.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:41 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:31 PM
oh how i this thread..

Old 09-15-2007, 12:22 AM   #54
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 07:31 AM
I don't like Hilary, and don't think she could be elected. Theres just to much hate towards the Clintons by the right, and they'll come out in droves to say NO by electing anyone, while the left arn't too excited by here either and will do they 'eeeeh, mybe i'll vote' and then don't and the whole country is red again.

I say, democrats, stick to Obama, and he will take you the whole way!

i still also say, you should all have to vote like here. IT would make things so clearer, and stop a shitload of bitching.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #55
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 07:31 AM
apologies for all my spelling mistakes... i was eating a cupcake at the time, so it was a one handed type.

i was hungry.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:31 PM
Quote:
Yeah - I am sure her staying married to Bill was ALL about love and forgiveness. I live in Northern California filled to brim with radical libs - and I open myself up to a ton of political discussions - as you can probably imagine. I can tell you this - NONE of them trust or like her. They are for Obama or Kucinich.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

I personally am very high on Kucinich. He's my favorite candidate. Shame he hasn't gotten more respect in this.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

Yeah - I am sure her staying married to Bill was ALL about love and forgiveness. I live in Northern California filled to brim with radical libs - and I open myself up to a ton of political discussions - as you can probably imagine. I can tell you this - NONE of them trust or like her. They are for Obama or Kucinich.
What do you care why she stayed with him? Is it your business to evaluate people's marital decisions? Is it better to advocate marriage dissolution and divorce in a union that is none of anyone's business?

I don't care what they think of her or whether they like her. I'm not a Hillary supporter by any means (although I'd certainly vote for her over a single Republican). What I find disgusting and disingenuous is to suggest that by remaining with her husband she is an enabler of philandering. She made a decision for herself, inside her marriage and it is NONE OF DIAMOND'S BUSINESS why she did it. I'm so sick of Republicans deeming what is and isn't correct inside people's relationships. It's honestly akin to some kind of perversion.

And it's the same people who are constantly crowing about how Adam and Steve are bringing upon the downfall of marriage. While advocating divorce BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE WHO WISH TO REMAIN TOGETHER. Give me a fucking break.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

What do you care why she stayed with him? Is it your business to evaluate people's marital decisions? Is it better to advocate marriage dissolution and divorce in a union that is none of anyone's business?

I don't care what they think of her or whether they like her. I'm not a Hillary supporter by any means (although I'd certainly vote for her over a single Republican). What I find disgusting and disingenuous is to suggest that by remaining with her husband she is an enabler of philandering. She made a decision for herself, inside her marriage and it is NONE OF DIAMOND'S BUSINESS why she did it. I'm so sick of Republicans deeming what is and isn't correct inside people's relationships. It's honestly akin to some kind of perversion.

And it's the same people who are constantly crowing about how Adam and Steve are bringing upon the downfall of marriage. While advocating divorce BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE WHO WISH TO REMAIN TOGETHER. Give me a fucking break.
I actually don't care. She's about a genuine as the rest of the crowd (on both sides). What a crap lot we've been served. I can't believe this is the best field our nation of 300 million can produce. (well, 325-350 million if you include the illegals)

Maybe we should start running elections like American Idol - they give a speech, a panel of from the Left, Middle, and Right chimes in - and we start voting people off the show with our cell phones. I am sure we could get a better a result.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 AM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Hillary is a total disaster. I mean here's a Christian woman who found it in her to forgive her husband's transgressions...maybe

for the sake of preserving the marriage..
, maybe ...
maybe... it's because....

maybe
maybe
maybe..because of..

of polictical expediency?

btw

"Christian" seems are quite convenient in your usage.
How many "Christians" are for late term abortions?

dbs