None of my business, but pathetic in a funny way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy John

Acrobat
I read in the newspaper today, and I still don't know why did they bother toprint that stuff, that the US Government will spend 30 millions dollars in order to convince the 'young' people not to have sex before marriage. The reasons : try to put a stop to unwanted pregnancy and all the bad side of unprotected sex.

I say unprotected, because if they want to spend 30 millions on something insteand of, let's say pay their debt to the UN, they could promote condoms and sex protection, not try to convince people not to have sex before marriage.

As if everyone would marry, while marriage is becoming more and more obsolete.

I'm not married, but geez : ) I don't want to anyways.

I don't know if the guy who decided about this money spending ever had sex before marriage, but I can tell him that if its protected then its wha-heyyyy, just like after marriage I think.

Especially in the temperatures Montreal enjoys now, almost 45 celcisu with humidity, come on man :) Sex isn't only a serious stuff, why can't they put that aside (expect the protection stuff). Of course, two (or however much people are involved) must want it. But hey... lets face it, especially in the summer : hot, humid, come on... in the appartment, Manu Chao is playing over the PA, tropical temperature with 500% humidity, fans are on at I00%, windows are open (but with curtains down, with only golden light comming in), your girlfriend is there (or your boyfriend, depending on wich side your on)... your gonna sit there saying "oh yeah, pretty warm eh ?" "no no no, not before marriage, aaaw, its so discusting".

Or during the winter, its -25 outside, you're froze to the bones after a day of ski : "sunshine, who goes in the shower first ?" or "hey, you've been in the bathroom for I5 minutes, its my turn, get off".

Bring the plastic tuque instead...

COME ON.

Maybe the guy who passed this bill can't satisfy his wife. I hope he can smile while being in the bed with her while doing what you know were talking about.

Its not about doing it while remain very serious and say "you know, I can feel it now... ah, too bad for you, I came now, cheers, see you 'round next time".

As someone said on the radio the other day, while talking about passtimes : "Sex is a very wonderfull passtime".

We, francophones in north america, are said to be the latin blood in this ocean of anglo blood. Well, I don't think we can get higher than the real latinos, but can anglos just have fun sometimes without try to eradicate the whole thing ?

PS : And I'm not bashing anyone, read it as if I was laughing out loud.

Have a good passtimes y'all.

Pathetic is in fact right. I fail to connect the dots ranging from weather, U.N. debt, sex or no sex, and getting high.

Cheers

That is pretty funny. They shouldnt be "wasting" the money on sex before marriage because a person is going to have sex when they want to wether its before marriage or after.

The Wanderer said:
great signature quotes, melon

now I'm waiting for someone try and discredit John Adams!

Have you read my Thomas Jefferson thread? :tongue:

Melon

Clark W. Griswold said:

Yet a drop in the bucket compared to the burden that many of these unwanted pregnancies cause.

Just like DARE eliminates drug use, right? :p

(I'm being silly, BTW. Please don't take me seriously)

Melon

Clark W. Griswold said:

Yet a drop in the bucket compared to the burden that many of these unwanted pregnancies cause.

Perhaps it's their way of saying they prefer abstinance to abortion, or neglect.

I hear all of the time about babies being left in dumpsters and kids left in cars for 3 hours in sweltering heat while mommie gets her hair done. And that girl (Susan Smith???) who drowned her kids in the car a few years back. All fine examples of people who were given one of the greates gifts God can give us, not all of us can even receive, yet threw it away like it was trash.

Yet we argue here from time to time that $$$$$ always takes precedence over human life.

melon said:

(I'm being silly, BTW. Please don't take me seriously)

Melon

No offense taken. I agree that spending money trying to eliminate drug use and unwanted pregnancy appear to be lost causes, but what kind of message would the gov't be sending if they abandoned these efforts?

*sigh* it's easy for ppl to spend $ that isn't theirs......i think that this kind of thing is like communism.....it only works in theory.....i mean, honestly.......ppl will do what they want to do no matter what......

Hey HJ ! How's it going?

Well, the US society is a very puritanical one, so I'm not surprised about this. I agree that it's a waste of money such a big amount of money should be spent on a more important and urgent issue...

Holy John said:
We, francophones in north america, are said to be the latin blood in this ocean of anglo blood. Well, I don't think we can get higher than the real latinos, but can anglos just have fun sometimes without try to eradicate the whole thing ?

That's quite true....:yes::ohmy:

Last edited:
melon said:

Melon

i remember dare...i remember them showing us (in 5th grade) how to roll a joint...then they burned pot to demonstrate its scent so were we to smell it at parties and the like we would know to leave.

fat load of good that did...

This campaign is directed more towards teenagers than people in their 20's. People in their 20's are usually mature to make their own decisions about sex and capable of dealing with the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy. I doubt you could say the same about teenagers.

(BTW Lilly, I'm not talking about you here, but I think that *on average* the statements I made above are reasonable.)

Last edited:
that's why some of us are smart enough to be mature in the first place........and btw, my friend just turned 18 and has an 11 month old, whom she loves dearly and takes care of very responsibly and wouldn't give up for the world......not all teenagers are as stupid as you think......

Tens of millions in spending to reduce unwanted pregnancies? Certainly not a waste of money if it's effective. Unfortunately, preaching abstinence is not effective.

Hormones kick in early and most people just don't get married in their teens and early twenties anymore. It would make more sense to educate young people to make informed decisions about sex and more importantly how to do so responsibly and safely is the way to go.

Ironically, once you take the taboo out of sex and provide the right information and services, many young people prefer to wait. And the ones that don't won't get pregnant.

Why is that so difficult???????? UGH

Back
Top Bottom