Non-Americans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
I'm just curious as to how many non-Americans post/read in this forum. So, if you'd indulge me, post in here so I can count.
wink.gif

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Does that include those in here who WISH they were non-Americans?

I also love the 'Non-American' generalization.. I'm waiting for Anthony to bust in here.. but I'd second a 'Non-Indonesian' Thread as well...

L.Unplugged

And Melon is also asking for those International 'trolls' to chime in.. Just so we can know you're there... Mostly so those select few can indulge in their 'Lurker LamBada' nightly dreams.

Speaking of trolls...

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Sometimes it also helps looking at the 'From:' section in the profile.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
My 'from' states it clearly. You know, that big ignorant island that doesnt have a clue about the rest of the world? hehe.
Britain?

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Yah where's this GOP Controlled Manifesto from anyways?.. Is he a transplanted Asian?..

No, she's from Notre Dame, IN 46556.

Melon

------------------

Originally posted by melon:
No, she's from Notre Dame, IN 46556.

Melon

Hahaha.. That'd be 45% (Female %) of the campus.. You should know that only White conservatives go here.. Or So I hear...

L.Unplugged

Non-american here.....
smile.gif
Read more then post since the language (not english as first language) often prevents me from getting it out right, without being wrong interpreted, which happens more then often, me feels.... But I try....
smile.gif

Well, in case you've never read a previous post of mine I am British, (English and from London to be precise).

However, I do have Spanish extraction.

And I object STRONGLY to that wise crack about Britain. Britain is NOT a big ignorant island that doesnt have a clue about the rest of the world... its a SMALL ignorant island that doesnt have a clue about the rest of the world.

If you're going to insult us, get it right.
smile.gif

Ant.

Originally posted by Anthony:
And I object STRONGLY to that wise crack about Britain. Britain is NOT a big ignorant island that doesnt have a clue about the rest of the world... its a SMALL ignorant island that doesnt have a clue about the rest of the world.
I'm sorry, but I live in a stamp-sized country, so you look big from here.

Canada/Ireland

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

i too am also non-american, though i do have one of your little passports available to me thanks to american mom.

------------------
d.a.<--for once i am real me.

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
and the irish guard.

Hahah. You seem to have had a bad run-in with one of us in the past... I'd be interested to Hear about it.. Maybe I could initiate a reconciliation...

Really.. We're just a bunch of harmless nice guys up here.. Who have only the deepest respect for all of humankind.

L.Unplugged

And all things being equal.. At least we're not in the Glee Club (Lemonite writes this to then learn that you at one time dated one..)

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Anthony:

If you're going to insult us, get it right.
smile.gif

Ant.

Haha Ant, you were insulted be default there, Im actually fom the GREAT BIG ignorant island, Australia. But someone...*looks at klutzomir* decided to be funny
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom