Nobel peace prize won by jimmy carter - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2002, 06:02 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:38 AM

I always thought Jimmy C to be an extriordiary humanitarian

The best President- No.
Humanitarian? Yes

Too honest and revealing in Playboy Interview?- Yes

A good decent human being who brought 2 men together at Camp David?-yes

He deserves the prize..

diamond

Old 10-11-2002, 07:35 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:38 AM
In my opinion:

The man was too good a human being to be president.

This probably sounds strange, but, this is how I feel. I have the utmost respect for him as a human being.

Old 10-11-2002, 07:57 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:38 PM
I think Jimmy Carter earned this Prize. He's championed human rights in so many ways--from monitoring elections to make sure they're democratic to supporting Habitat for Humanity and so much else. Congrats to a fellow native of the U.S. South.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:11 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
In my opinion:

The man was too good a human being to be president.

This probably sounds strange, but, this is how I feel. I have the utmost respect for him as a human being.
this is exactly what i said to my co-worker today. i agree completely.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:59 AM   #20
Kid A

it was interesting, or tiresome probably is a better word, I turned on some of the conservative pundits today just to hear what their reaction would be, and of course they set out bashing the credibility of award and its voters, I guess the very idea of a "peace prize" is lost on those who clamor for war, someone even went as far as to blaim to rise of Bin Laden on Carter for granting amnesty to draft dodgers of Vietnam, thus "paving the way for Clinton to become president," and "creating" the situation in Afghanistan... and there are still people who give this man's program an ounce of credibility? (I'm talking about Rush btw, no he didnt actually say those words himself, he had one of his "callers" say that for him, but everyone knows he only takes screened calls and most definitely knew what this caller's agenda was, to his credit he made a snickering laugh and said, "oh I hadn't even thought of that!")

mega dildos Rush...
Old 10-12-2002, 03:07 PM   #21
War Child

Location: 21 Duke Street Dublin eating a gorgonzola sandwich!

I think its great Cater won too.He is a good man!His winning has nothing to do with political parties Lemonite get a clue!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2002, 06:15 PM   #22
Acrobat

Ok..who was it from here who posted the opinion on the BBC talking point page about the Prize... the one about how Bono should have won...fess up!

I honestly thought Jimmy Carter had already won it...I approve of the choice.

dream wanderer
Old 10-13-2002, 03:52 AM   #23
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
it was interesting, or tiresome probably is a better word, I turned on some of the conservative pundits today just to hear what their reaction would be, and of course they set out bashing the credibility of award and its voters, I guess the very idea of a "peace prize" is lost on those who clamor for war, someone even went as far as to blaim to rise of Bin Laden on Carter for granting amnesty to draft dodgers of Vietnam, thus "paving the way for Clinton to become president," and "creating" the situation in Afghanistan... and there are still people who give this man's program an ounce of credibility? (I'm talking about Rush btw, no he didnt actually say those words himself, he had one of his "callers" say that for him, but everyone knows he only takes screened calls and most definitely knew what this caller's agenda was, to his credit he made a snickering laugh and said, "oh I hadn't even thought of that!")

mega dildos Rush...
So any extremist who calls is setup by Rush to express an opinion that is unpopular? Wow! You liberals are hilariously cynical!

"and of course they set out bashing the credibility of award and its voters, I guess the very idea of a "peace prize" is lost on those who clamor for war"

I don't remember many conservatives bashing Kissinger when he received the peace prize. Sorry, I don't want to bring up historical facts, I know that it hurts you inside.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:16 AM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by garibaldo

Sorry, I don't want to bring up historical facts, I know that it hurts you inside.

Old 10-13-2002, 04:13 PM   #25
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

It is very disturbing to see the great majority's incessant resistance to acknowledge a fact of human nature that the world we live in is a world regulated and ruled by the threat and the manifestation of excessive force. To think this can be changed is well.. noble, but ignorant.

To think that a man who has disrupted a terrorist network in means unseen before, placed before the world a plan to bring peace to the 2000 old shithole that is Palestine, and make headway into revolutionizing the Middle East as it is known.. Ultimately bringing Peace, and not just a round table discussion with Belly dancers below the table revolting ham and giving BJ's, is shameful, and nothing more than a slap in the face for the Bush Administration.

However, it is nice to know that Bill Clinton is furious at this.

L.Unplugged

--Bill Clinton
Old 10-13-2002, 04:22 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite
It is very disturbing to see the great majority's incessant resistance to acknowledge a fact of human nature that the world we live in is a world regulated and ruled by the threat and the manifestation of excessive force. To think this can be changed is well.. noble, but ignorant.

To think that a man who has disrupted a terrorist network in means unseen before, placed before the world a plan to bring peace to the 2000 old shithole that is Palestine, and make headway into revolutionizing the Middle East as it is known.. Ultimately bringing Peace, and not just a round table discussion with Belly dancers below the table revolting ham and giving BJ's, is shameful, and nothing more than a slap in the face for the Bush Administration.

However, it is nice to know that Bill Clinton is furious at this.

L.Unplugged
Patience is clearly not a virtue of yours. As I stated before, most of what the Bush Administration has done, so far, can easily be rendered as incomplete. Post-Taliban Afghanistan, as it appears, is not a land of peace and stability currently, but will it later? That is what time shall tell. As for the rest of the "war on terror"? *Nothing* has happened, and all of it has been talk. That is *not* to say that this won't change in the future, and that is why any talk of Bush receiving a Nobel Peace Prize for what he has done so far would be nothing more than a politically-charged award and, objectively, has nothing to do than actual realizations of peace. Jimmy Carter's actions are twenty years in the making. Dubya's actions are still yet to be seen and proven to actually be instrumental in formulating peace or whether it will just inflame global violence.

Melon
Old 10-13-2002, 04:47 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

. Dubya's actions are still yet to be seen and proven to actually be instrumental in formulating peace or whether it will just inflame global violence.

Melon
Well lets wait and see

DB9

PS-

Something tells me GW has did somethings-good things that we dont even know about yet-(behind the scenes ) to make the world a safer place

At a future date many will be eating crow
Old 10-13-2002, 05:49 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite
2000 old shithole that is Palestine
I realise I haven't been here a lot recently and probably have no right to make this comment, but I'm going to say it anyway. Lemonite, please, get a freaking clue about the subject you're talking about! Do you know ANYTHING about Palestine or the Palestinian people? Do you know anything of their culture or their history? Perhaps you'd like to explain to some Palestinian friends of mine, who, by the way, are some of the most intelligent people I've ever been fortunate enough to meet, exactly why you believe their country to be a "shithole." Or perhaps you'd just like to tell me why you hold such a negative opinion of Palestine?
Old 10-13-2002, 06:58 PM   #29
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

I realise I haven't been here a lot recently and probably have no right to make this comment, but I'm going to say it anyway. Lemonite, please, get a freaking clue about the subject you're talking about! Do you know ANYTHING about Palestine or the Palestinian people? Do you know anything of their culture or their history? Perhaps you'd like to explain to some Palestinian friends of mine, who, by the way, are some of the most intelligent people I've ever been fortunate enough to meet, exactly why you believe their country to be a "shithole." Or perhaps you'd just like to tell me why you hold such a negative opinion of Palestine?
First, Palestine is not a state. Secondly, I don't think shithole refers to the people or the culture as much as the current physical condition of Palestinian territory. I might be wrong though.