NO WAR ON IRAQ RALLY in LA this Sat!! Join US!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fizzing,

"No I don't. Those protestors are targeting individual women who have made the decision to have an abortion, and often use offensive tactics such as shouting insults ("you're a murder." "you're going to hell" etc being some examples) or showing extremely shocking and inaccurate literature to women. Sorry but I can't support that in any way."

Do protest you go to ever target individuals in the government or indirectly in the armed forces? Do people at your protest ever say things or use tactics that others would find offensive? Do they ever shout things that would be offensive to those in the government or the military? Do they ever show literature that may be inaccurate or at least disputable?

capt.1042509585.american_music_awards_ama123.jpg

Maybe the answer is a miricle bra from Victoria's Secret.

Of course. If we donated a few closetsful of lingerie to Saddam's wives and hos to revive his sex life, he'd be happier, more relaxed, and less of a maniacal overlord.

deep said:
capt.1042509585.american_music_awards_ama123.jpg

Maybe the answer is a miricle bra from Victoria's Secret.

From http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/000593.html

U.S. Decides to 'Not Have Enemies'
(2003-01-14) -- Thanks to a few gentle words by singer Sheryl Crow, the Bush administration has decided that the United States will not have enemies. President Bush announced the decision in a Rose Garden speech this morning where he introduced ambassadors from Iraq, Iran and North Korea as "representatives of the axis of joy."

During a music awards ceremony last night, Ms. Crow said, "I think war is based in greed and there are huge karmic retributions that will follow. I think war is never the answer to solving any problems. The best way to solve problems is to not have enemies."

President Bush, concerned about the karmic consequences, said, "I didn't realize how simple it was--that we could just 'not have enemies'. All this time I was thinking we had to protect our citizens and the world from maniacal dictators with weapons of mass destruction. But all we really have to do is be close friends with Kim Jong Il and Saddam Hussein. I'm sure their people, who have lived for decades as virtual prisoners, will be excited about all the good karma we generate by helping to prop up those regimes."

The President invited Sheryl Crow to the White House next week for a "peace concert and love in."

Albuquerque

amysmall.JPG

"Amy Goodman addresses 1000s in Albuquerque on Jan. 18 at city's largest peace rally since the Vietnam War"

Back
Top Bottom