No Shame, No Blame, What is Good for Haliburton is Good for America!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:

In the same way, what do you expect a union boss endorcing Kerry to say?
Well, if you think a opinion of a prpoganda machine is more importaint than a unionman who probebly know more of the feelings of the firemen themselfs, so be it.

Is every Union the same?Generalization is not only reserved for me i guess,....

Hero New York City firefighter Mike Moran, whose words of defiance against Osama bin Laden helped rally the nation in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks, said Friday that he finds President Bush's campaign ads invoking the attacks "inspirational."

"I think they're inspirational," Moran told No. 1 radio host Rush Limbaugh. "They remind me of how lost I felt on 9/11," explained the hero smoke-eater, whose brother John, also a fireman, perished when he rushed into World Trade Center Tower Two to rescue stranded New Yorkers that day.

"Seeing on the news when George Bush went down to the Trade Center to put his arm around that fireman - the words he spoke - they were inspirational," Moran told Limbaugh. "They made me feel like, wow, this isn't just going to be another terrorist attack where we sit back on our a---- and do nothing."

Moran criticized family members of other 9/11 victims who have complained about the ads, saying, "It's nothing less than slimy." He said too many Americans seem to want to forget some of the images from that day that appear in the Bush ads.

Moran rose to national prominence five weeks after the attacks when he mounted the stage at Paul McCartney's "Concert for Heroes." As the show was being telecast worldwide, he spoke the words that resonated with Americans from coast to coast:

"All I can say, on behalf of my brother John and the twelve members from Ladder 3 that we've lost ... and all the people from my neighborhood, my hometown, Rockaway Beach, Queens, New York - our friends, our relatives, our neighbors, they are not gone because they are not forgotten."

Then, in one of the most memorable lines to come out of the disaster, Moran added:

"And I want to say one more thing, in the spirit of the Irish people: Osama bin Laden, you can kiss my royal Irish a--!"

side note... mike moran is also the firefighter who made the "i lost a brother" comment on stage at madison square garden for the 10/27/01 U2 concert...

Last edited:
Yes, I remember him! I enjoyed his comment, Bin Ladin could kiss his royal Irish arse. That was funny. But getting back to the point. Wether to use the images of 9/11, or not there is going to be some critizisim, either way. Though, personally, I am much more interrested on what each canadate intends to do, if elected. And not just a few statements here and there. To make America, a safer place for it's own citizens and to have a much better relationship with, the world community. Guess, I just have to wait for the Presidental debate!

if Kerry had a campaign like this:
1) showing some horrific scenes from 9/11
2) show the grown hatred is muslim countries because of how the US reacted
3) show what happened in Madrid a couple of days ago

and state something like
"do you want this to happen to us again?"

that would be totally tasteless

so is this campaign by the way

Salome said:
if Kerry had a campaign like this:
1) showing some horrific scenes from 9/11
3) show what happened in Madrid a couple of days ago

and state something like
"do you want this to happen to us again?"

that would be totally tasteless

so is this campaign by the way

ok i'm going to try my hardest to reply to this post without getting the thread closed... it's gonna be tough because it's stuff like this that gets me irate, but i'm gonna give it a go...

for years upon years upon years... america reacted to attacks by islamic fundamentalists by being passive... going through the courts. from carter to reagen to bush 1 to clinton to pre-9/11 bush 2... there are 20+ years... hundreds of deaths... proving that being passive with these people simply does not work. the grown hatred of muslim countries? bush declared after 9/11 that america was now at war with everyone and anyone who supported terrorism of any kind. a global front against the idea of terrorism everywhere. a war that will take years to fully accomplish, and one that could result in more attacks along the way, but in order to fully rid the world of terror, it was a neccesary price to pay. with the images of the falling towers, the pentagon, and the field in shanksville still fresh in everyone's mind, that war on terror that bush described in the weeks following 9/11 seemed just fine and dandy to everyone. bi-partisanship was thrown out the window. america and her allies stood as one in support of this idea.

and now... "muslim countries hate us because of how we reacted to 9/11."

so what would you like us to do? pull 100% out of the middle east? let these fundamentalists control the region... destory israel... control the overwellming majority of the world's oil reserves, giving radical terrorists unlimited wealth to purchase and/or develop any and every kind of weapon they could think of? do you honestly think that will end these attacks? did passive resistance stop munich? did it stop the hostage taking in tehran? did it stop beirut? lockerbie? the 93 trade center attack? did it stop omar abdel rahman from ploting to blow up two tunnels, two bridges, the un and fbi headquarters on the same day? did it stop riyadh? khobar towers? kenya and tanzania? the u.s.s. cole? what exactly did passive resistance with these people ever do that would justify going back to that type of policy? please... i want someone to answer me that question.

hmm, I didn't mean that to come over as being serious
actually my point was that it is just as stupid as making 9/11 out to be a reason to vote for Bush

my apologies

Back
Top Bottom