No pre-election terrorist attack on US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
Why was there no attack before the election? You know Al Queda would have if they could have, right? What does that say about Bush's handling of the war on terror?

I guess Osama's in his cave waiting for the results from Ohio. Or something like that.

:rolleyes:

Do you really know how silly that logic is? It says absolutly nothing about the war on terror. Unless you had proof of a planned attack, you can't say that since one didn't happen it's because of Bush.

Last edited:
BonoVoxSupastar said:
:rolleyes:

Do you really know how silly that logic is?

wolfwill23's argument is certainly plausible, but unverifiable without inside information.

Consider the wisdom of renowned philosopher Donald Rumsfeld:

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.

I'm surprised too considering the Bush admin. warned us there would be attacks before the election.

i'm saddened that just 3 years after 9/11, this is how we react. a video from UBL is the exact sort of thing that should raise the terror threat level... that should que the mobilization of our nation's police forces, fbi, cia, etc. etc. but that couldn't be done because if it was done, the bush administration would have been accused of trying to influence the election. so so sad. :tsk:

Don't you think Bin Laden would have loved to strike before the election (ala Spain)? These people will take every opportunity then can to kill us. You think Bin Laden is holding off because he's a nice guy? Puuuuulease.

So I think it is valid to question why there has been no attack on US soil since Bush started his 'War on Terror.' Is there a chance, just a small chance, that Bush is winning the war? Do you think there is a chance that the Patriot Act is actually working?

We're just saying that unless you catch a guy setting up bombs in front of the White House or something like that, there's no reliable way for non-insiders to know how well our anti-terrorism measures are working.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Bush and his team must be well aware of this.

wolfwill23 said:
Don't you think Bin Laden would have loved to strike before the election (ala Spain)? These people will take every opportunity then can to kill us. You think Bin Laden is holding off because he's a nice guy? Puuuuulease.

So I think it is valid to question why there has been no attack on US soil since Bush started his 'War on Terror.' Is there a chance, just a small chance, that Bush is winning the war? Do you think there is a chance that the Patriot Act is actually working?

Possible...or at least it might eventually.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm saddened that just 3 years after 9/11, this is how we react. a video from UBL is the exact sort of thing that should raise the terror threat level... that should que the mobilization of our nation's police forces, fbi, cia, etc. etc. but that couldn't be done because if it was done, the bush administration would have been accused of trying to influence the election. so so sad. :tsk:

they also would have had to conceed that the level would have to be raised because of their incompetence to find bin Laden. It's been three years!

sharky said:

they also would have had to conceed that the level would have to be raised because of their incompetence to find bin Laden. It's been three years!

If it was so easy to find bin Laden and the Bush adminstration failed to, I am sure Kerry could have turned that into an effective campaign issue....

It didn't happen because everyone was expecting it.

9/11 objectively speaking was a genius attack. It was well thought out and the element of surprise helped it.

Osama is no idiot. He wouldn't just parade in when the entire troops are waiting for him.

When you stop worrying about this ...that's when you should get worried.

wolfwill23 said:
Is there a chance, just a small chance, that Bush is winning the war?

there is a chance. there is a chance of a lot of things.

but i would be surprised if anyone of us were privy to the intel and knowledge that would be needed to conclusively and logically make such a statement.

obviously it is a damned if you do/damned if you dont case.

joyfulgirl said:
If they had wanted to find Bin Laden, they would have.

???

I thought the CW (or liberal conspiracy theories, take your choice) was that Bush would reveal the captured bin Laden before the election.

Back
Top Bottom