'no capitalism without conscience'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
cnn

"At this moment, America's greatest economic need is higher ethical standards, enforced by strict laws and upheld by responsible business leaders," Bush said in a speech delivered to the Association for a Better New York. "In the end, there is no capitalism without conscience, no wealth without character."

what an odd thing for bush to say. of course he had to say it but such a comment is sure to be used as a rallying cry for anti-globalisation protestors around the world, albeit used out of context.

kobayashi said:

what an odd thing for bush to say. of course he had to say it but such a comment is sure to be used as a rallying cry for anti-globalisation protestors around the world, albeit used out of context.

Kobe-
Ive heard him say this many times:cool:

DB9:cool:

the Dow Jones is far more scarier then anti-globalisation protestors

we do need higher ethical standards in economy

Re: Re: 'no capitalism without conscience'

and each time he says it...It doesn't make me believe that he means it anymore.

lets not forget this is a man who rode on the enron corporate jet during his campaign

Those words are wonderful...too bad politicians seem to be much more inept at crafting equally skillful action.

We may clean up accounting...it's too bad that we'll still overlook some of the far worse exploitations that big buissiness does.

diamond said:

Kobe-
Ive heard him say this many times:cool:

DB9:cool:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: 'no capitalism without conscience'

Arun V said:
and each time he says it...It doesn't make me believe that he means it anymore.

lets not forget this is a man who rode on the enron corporate jet during his campaign

Those words are wonderfulaction.

We may clean up accounting...big buissiness does.

Arun-
Your viseral dislike for GW is duly noted;)

The same disdain that you have for Bush is the same that the opposing party had for Clinton-this is/was sad for both Presidents.:(
Unwarranted hate.
DB9
:idea:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: 'no capitalism without conscience'

diamond said:
The same disdain that you have for Bush is the same that the opposing party had for Clinton-this is/was sad for both Presidents.:(
Unwarranted hate.
DB9
:idea:

sorry i don't speak american. can someone translate this?
;)

kobayashi said:

why is it 'sad'? they're the opposing party. they aren't supposed to celebrate him.

Sadly, For a Conservative in Office, The Liberals have a lot to celebrate.. And His speech today, parts of it, is one of those things.. Too bad their Hatred for conservatives and Partisanship will cloud their minds from this Great opportunity.

L.Unplugged

Lemonite said:

Sadly, For a Conservative in Office, The Liberals have a lot to celebrate.. And His speech today, parts of it, is one of those things.. Too bad their Hatred for conservatives and Partisanship will cloud their minds from this Great opportunity.

L.Unplugged

Lemonite sorta got it right.
The Republicans were guilty of bashing whatever Clinton said too:(

DB9:adam:

diamond said:
The Republicans were guilty of bashing whatever Clinton said too:(

DB9:adam:

that's my point. i'm glad you can recognize such but why is bush unique in this sense. just cause he's republican?

Back
Top Bottom