No black women or Jews...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was a police officer in a small, rather Mayberry-style Los Angeles county city, adjacent to LAX...

Up until the early 1960's, there was a rather LARGE, CONSPICUOUS sign at the "main road into town" announcing..

"NO JEWS OR BLACKS AFTER 6 p.m."

Thankfully, I started work there in 1970 and that sign was long gone but its history and reputation as a having an aggressive, no-nonsense pro-police attitude still remains...

For any of your Redd Foxx buffs, now you can understand his comments about "El Segundo"....

"No Jew would vote to send a defendant to the gas chamber," Quatman alleges the judge, who was himself of Jewish descent, told him.

You can exempt any juror (regardless of race, religion or ethnicity) if they reject the death penalty.

Something tells me Quatman is after something else.......

nbcrusader said:

You can exempt any juror (regardless of race, religion or ethnicity) if they reject the death penalty.
That's not what the statement said. It didn't say he would eliminate anyone who opposed the death penalty. It was based on race before political belief.

nbcrusader said:

Something tells me Quatman is after something else.......

What would that be?

I know what Quatman is saying, it just doesn't make sense. Why say "I'm excluding Jews" from a jury to get rid of opposition to the death penalty when Quatman can exclude anyone to get rid of opposition to the death penalty?

Mr. BAW said:
I was a police officer in a small, rather Mayberry-style Los Angeles county city, adjacent to LAX...

Up until the early 1960's, there was a rather LARGE, CONSPICUOUS sign at the "main road into town" announcing..

"NO JEWS OR BLACKS AFTER 6 p.m."

Thankfully, I started work there in 1970 and that sign was long gone but its history and reputation as a having an aggressive, no-nonsense pro-police attitude still remains...

For any of your Redd Foxx buffs, now you can understand his comments about "El Segundo"....

I grew up in that area. I know what you're talking about...there are a lot of young skins in the South Bay today. That's why my brother and his his Jewish bestfriend started the Hawthorne Gutter Punks....

Back
Top Bottom