NJ Abolishes The Death Penalty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:

yes, but that's because you hate freedom, see?

:tsk:

to be fair, there was a little thing called Port Arthur ...

thats true, and see whats different with Port Arthur, and the many many serial killings the US have is, we took action after Port Arthur. We initiated the buy back gun scheme and melted down thousands of guns. We brought in licences where only law enforcement and farmers or people who need guns for their work have them. We saw what happened and we took action.
Now it hasn't stopped murders, or having people with illegal guns, but there is a huge difference.
You have the VT murders, everyone is saddened and outraged, but nothing gets mentioned about gun control, or no one in the government thinks maybe letting anyone get a gun is a wrong idea.

I know that tried to get back all the guns in the us is an almost impossible task, but it could be done, for the safety of others, it could be done.

antitram, i agree that Canada is working it well, but it still doesn't swa me from the idea that unless you've been trained in using a gun, and ou need it for your job, you don't deserve one.

i also want to say that i don't think everyone who wants a gun in america, or even who owns a gun is going to go out and kill someone - i just think that anyone can get a gun and then put it in a hand of someone who doesn't know how to use it, or is out for vengence/revenge or drunk/high/suicidal is a very frightening thing

we shouldn't have the right to arm ourselves. thats why we have the police and the army and all of that, they fight for us, and all this 'protection' bullshit is just that. Its like a catch 22 you want a gun cause they have a gun. Its just silly.

dazzlingamy said:

You have the VT murders, everyone is saddened and outraged, but nothing gets mentioned about gun control, or no one in the government thinks maybe letting anyone get a gun is a wrong idea.

again, just to be fair, there is a lot of talk on having much more stringent background checks when someone purchases a handgun. there is no way Cho should have ever been deemed mentally fit to get a gun license. he walked right through a loophole.

all that said, yes, of course Australia is a less murderous society than the US. i actually don't think, believe it or not, that the US is necessarily any more violent than most other countries of its status.

the difference is that the violence in the US is much deadlier due to the wide availability of handguns.

I'm glad New Jersey abolished capital punishment. I'm opposed to capital punishment. Unfortunately, we're stuck with it here in Alabama.:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

the iron horse said:
It's alway amazing how some get so concerned over the fate of killers and so unconcerned about their victims.

Jesse Timmendequas and the other convicted killers in N.J. will enjoy three meals a day and life.

Their victims are dead.

No thumbs up from me,
only saddness

If you ask me life imprisonment is a harsher punishment than capital punishment. The killer has to live with what he did.

Back
Top Bottom