Nine Year Old Jessica is Dead - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:57 AM
Nine Year Old Jessica is Dead

I believe the living God is very angry about this.

*only one of so much evil*

I hope you have some feelings on this.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:57 AM
How anyone could do something this awful is beyond me.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:57 AM
Very sad news indeed.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 09:57 AM
what happened?
Old 03-18-2005, 05:40 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

It sickens me that people are capable of these things.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:51 PM   #6
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want
what happened?
I'd like to know too ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-18-2005, 05:53 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Nine Year Old Jessica is Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by the iron horse
I believe the living God is very angry about this.
I don't think it's our place to project natural human anger onto God.

And we, as humans, have every right to be angry.

Melon
Old 03-18-2005, 05:55 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want
what happened?
Hope this helps...

Suspect Admits Killing Missing Florida Girl, Police Say
By MIKE BRANOM, AP

HOMOSASSA, Fla. (March 18) - A registered sex offender admitted Friday that he kidnapped and killed a 9-year-old girl who disappeared from her bedroom more than three weeks ago and told police where they could find her body, authorities said.

John Evander Couey, 46, had been arrested Thursday and named a ''person of interest'' in Jessica Lunsford's disappearance. He confessed to authorities after taking a lie-detector test, Citrus County Sheriff Jeff Dawsy said.

''At the end of the polygraph, he said, 'You don't have to tell me the results. I know what they are,''' Dawsy said. ''He apologized to the investigators for wasting their time.''

Authorities cordoned off an area Friday near the home of Couey's half-sister, who lived about 150 yards from the home Jessica shared with her father and grandparents. Dawsy would not comment on what investigators were doing in the area, but said it ''will take hours.'' Police had yet to recover a body.

A sheriff's spokeswoman who answered the phone at the Lunsford home Friday evening said the family declined to make any immediate comment. Jessica's father, Mark Lunsford, has said the family did not know Couey.

Jessica's stepfather, Lonnie Bryant, told The Associated Press by telephone from Ohio that he and the girl's mother, Angela Bryant, planned to come to Florida soon.

''I'm going through agony right now,'' he said.

Jessica, a third grader, was last seen when she went to bed in her home Feb. 23. She was discovered missing the next morning, with the door unlocked and her stuffed animal gone. The clothes she had laid out for school were still in place, and none of her shoes were missing.

More than 100 police and volunteers, with help from bloodhounds and helicopters, searched the area about 60 miles north of Tampa for days following her disappearance. Jessica's family made emotional appeals on national television for her safe return.

Detectives grew interested in Couey while interviewing all registered sex offenders in the area. They tried to contact Couey at his home in Homosassa five days after Jessica disappeared and discovered he no longer lived there.

When investigators followed up with the half-sister, she denied that Couey had lived with her. But another relative confided to a detective that Couey sometimes stayed at the home.

Authorities said Couey left Florida on or about March 4 after telling relatives that police would be looking for him. He was arrested in Augusta, Ga., on a probation violation for failing to notify officials that he was moving, a requirement for sex offenders. He was awaiting extradition to Florida on Friday.

Couey has an extensive criminal record that includes 24 arrests for burglary, carrying a concealed weapon and indecent exposure. In 1991, he was arrested in Kissimmee on a charge of fondling a child under age 16. Records don't show how the case was resolved.

During a house burglary in 1978, Couey was accused of grabbing a girl in her bedroom, placing his hand over her mouth and kissing her, Dawsy said. Couey was sentenced to 10 years in prison but was paroled in 1980.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:12 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

What a sad ending to this story. I feel for the family.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #10
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Old 03-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #11
Refugee

What a dirtbag.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:38 PM   #12
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:57 AM
That's just fucking disgusting. Oh my God.
I hope the worthless little tosspot is publicly hung by the balls. No, actually, hanging's too good for the likes of that. I know it's not right to say this =- but at the moment I'm so fucked up I don't care - but, if he sexually assaulted her, I hope he dies in fucking agony over a very long and excruciating period of time.

Forgive my vindictiveness - I know it's not the way to deal with things - but filthy scum like this should be made to suffer as far as I'm concerned. Die, you worthless bastard.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:40 PM   #14
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 10:57 PM
Old 03-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78
That's just fucking disgusting. Oh my God.
I hope the worthless little tosspot is publicly hung by the balls. No, actually, hanging's too good for the likes of that. I know it's not right to say this =- but at the moment I'm so fucked up I don't care - but, if he sexually assaulted her, I hope he dies in fucking agony over a very long and excruciating period of time.

Forgive my vindictiveness - I know it's not the way to deal with things - but filthy scum like this should be made to suffer as far as I'm concerned.
That kind of hate is counterproductive. I don't care what happens to him as long as he's behind bars for the rest of his life and unable to be a part of society. Other than that, people like him are not worth my energy.