Nine Year Old Jessica is Dead - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

That kind of hate is counterproductive. I don't care what happens to him as long as he's behind bars for the rest of his life and unable to be a part of society. Other than that, people like him are not worth my energy.
I agree with you - he should be kept away from society, and I also agree that people like that aren't worth wasting energy on. I said that knew it wasn't right to be so judgemental, but that's how I feel, and I do have my own personal reasons for feeling that way.

What you said there was common sense and I certainly can't fault your reasoning. Yours was a thoroughly rational, sensible and commendable post. But, I find it very hard to be objective with this sort of stuff, for a bloody good reason. So although I understand that I'm not providing any positive suggestions for solving the problem, I stick by what I said... despite it being 'counterproductive'.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

I agree with you - he should be kept away from society, and I also agree that people like that aren't worth wasting energy on. I said that knew it wasn't right to be so judgemental, but that's how I feel, and I do have my own personal reasons for feeling that way.

What you said there was common sense and I certainly can't fault your reasoning. Yours was a thoroughly rational, sensible and commendable post. But, I find it very hard to be objective with this sort of stuff, for a bloody good reason. So although I understand that I'm not providing any positive suggestions for solving the problem, I stick by what I said... despite it being 'counterproductive'.
Am I to assume that your 'bloody good reason' is one that is too private to share publically? Just curious - if that is the case it is perfectly understandable.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:15 PM   #18
New Yorker

Quote:

Am I to assume that your 'bloody good reason' is one that is too private to share publically? Just curious - if that is the case it is perfectly understandable.
I hope you don't mind - but I sent you an email sort of briefly explaining what I meant - mainly because I don't want people to think that I'm just being a judgemental asshole.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I hope you don't mind - but I sent you an email sort of briefly explaining what I meant - mainly because I don't want people to think that I'm just being a judgemental asshole.
I don't mind, but I don't see it in my inbox. What e-mail addy did you send it to?
Old 03-18-2005, 09:19 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:29 AM
ANY...I repeat ANY ... crime against a child deserves the harshest of punishments....a majority of these scum-criminals are prior offenders, who, through some so-called justice, plea-bargain or other legal loophole, manage to get their way out and they repeat.....I say we instill a little law like the good old days and we hand out some sidewalk justice...let's leave the jail house door open and give Mr. Couey a visit.!!!! M-F
:reallyangryatlegalsystem:
Old 03-18-2005, 09:22 PM   #21
New Yorker

Quote:

I don't mind, but I don't see it in my inbox. What e-mail addy did you send it to?
I emailed you by just going to your profile page and clicking on the 'email namkcuR' link.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:24 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I emailed you by just going to your profile page and clicking on the 'email namkcuR' link.
eek - I think that addy may be deactivated....do you still have the e-mail in your 'sent' folder? If so, can you re-e-mail it Jrasruck2@aol.com ?
Old 03-18-2005, 09:44 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
That's just fucking disgusting. Oh my God.
I hope the worthless little tosspot is publicly hung by the balls. No, actually, hanging's too good for the likes of that. I know it's not right to say this =- but at the moment I'm so fucked up I don't care - but, if he sexually assaulted her, I hope he dies in fucking agony over a very long and excruciating period of time.

Forgive my vindictiveness - I know it's not the way to deal with things - but filthy scum like this should be made to suffer as far as I'm concerned. Die, you worthless bastard.
I certainly don't fault you for feeling this way...I think many of us do. The little girl's mom's from this area, so it's been in the news a lot here, and when the news conference was on earlier this evening, I just felt so disgusted.

I know that I may want people like this guy to suffer as their victims did, but I also know that I'm not the type of person who could actually do that to someone else, and I don't want to become that type of person. I don't think I could ever be in a profession where I would have to deal with such people, as I think I would either burn out or become the type of person I despise.

But it doesn't mean I can't, deep in my heart, hope that man suffers for what he's done.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:44 PM   #24
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

I certainly don't fault you for feeling this way...I think many of us do. The little girl's mom's from this area, so it's been in the news a lot here, and when the news conference was on earlier this evening, I just felt so disgusted.

I know that I may want people like this guy to suffer as their victims did, but I also know that I'm not the type of person who could actually do that to someone else, and I don't want to become that type of person. I don't think I could ever be in a profession where I would have to deal with such people, as I think I would either burn out or become the type of person I despise.

But it doesn't mean I can't, deep in my heart, hope that man suffers for what he's done.
That's exactly what I was trying to say but I let emotion get in the way of articulacy.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:00 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

sally - can you send that e-mail again to Jrasruck2@aol.com ?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #26
New Yorker

Ok - no probs.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:20 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

I am so sick of these "people" harming and killing children.

Everyone should look up convicted sex offenders online if that is available where you live and know who and where they are. I've done it.

I wish I knew what could be done to stop this once and for all.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:24 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

23 previous arrests
Old 03-19-2005, 04:42 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:29 AM
I fully agree with indra.

What a horrible end to the story... . That poor little girl. My condolances to her family and friends.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:43 PM   #30
War Child

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Sorry our Congress is too busy with the steriods scandal in baseball and the Terry Schavio issue to worry about inacting tougher legislation on sex offenders. Makes me sick.