Newspapers.......Bah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Argh! I feel much the same way bono-vox! But I think the reasoning is that it's all a business...and they need to sell newspapers so they put stuff on the cover that the "average Joe" would be interested in. It sucks, but that's the way it works...and we get stuck with stories about who's dating who in Hollywood.
frown.gif

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

It is ridiculous, isn't it? What I would give to see the monarchy destroyed and wiped out completely.

Ant.

newspapers are produced for one reason only: medium for advertising.
that is what they have become. though there are still some very good print journalists in our world, daily newspapers have become large business. with the advent of corporate ownership the employees of the dailies have a responsibility, as a corporation, to return a large dividend to their owners/investors.
a newspaper makes a large profit by selling out the space within it's pages in an attempt to gain as many eyeballs as possible. what little space that is left, called the news hole, needs to be something tantalizing to attract the masses.
think what a great editorial could go on page 3.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Originally posted by bono-vox:
I would like 2 be a journalist but i would write about interesting things!
biggrin.gif

you will have a tough time making a living.
unfortunately. trust me i feel for you, i'm about to enter the field at the same time that i see all of it's inadequacies.

------------------
i was born for your magazine
i am trapped in the society page of your magazine

Originally posted by Anthony:
It is ridiculous, isn't it? What I would give to see the monarchy destroyed and wiped out completely.
Of all the European monarchies, I only have a problem with the UK and Norwegian royal families. I think the rest are doing a good job and are representing their countries well.

[This message has been edited by Klodomir (edited 01-14-2002).]

I feel bad for some of you outside of the US. Yes, are papers are not much better at times but at least they try to pretend they're respectable. Prince Harry was relegated to the inside pages of our papers. Of course, I also live in NYC which has some crappy papers as well-- more than most cities-- but that's beside the point.

Back
Top Bottom