New Zealand Election Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timothius

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hello Fanau! :wave:

Dr Don vs Helen.

Who will win? :hyper:

Bring the Stieneys! It's a waiata bro!

Early votes coming in and it's looking

National 52
+
United Future 3
+
ACT New Zealand 2
= 57

vs

Labor 47
+
Greens 6
+
Jim Anderton's Progressive 1
= 54

New Zealand First = 7
Maori Party = 3

It's looking like a fairly likely National Party will form a minority government with UF, ACT & the supply & confidence support of Winston Peter's New Zealand First.

Awesome. :up:

Ha, I was about to make a thread for this.

PS It's 'whanau'. Let's now confuse the foreigners by talking about Kiwi stuff in Kiwisms. I'm off to check on the NPC results!

Last edited:
All I ask of whoever's elected is that they do not even think of re-establishing the ANZUS treaty with the US until the US comes to us and apologises for its completely juvenile and immature behaviour during Lange's government.

New Zealand was - and is - completely in the right there and I refuse to accept any notion that the onus is on us to renew ties with the US.

Go Don Brash :)

My knowledge of this election has come from reading the group blog silentrunning.tv for the last year or so and Rodney Hide's blog,

timothius said:
Hey AxverHelenLuver69 :wave:

:madspit:

Hi, Auckland<Taranaki :wave: Seen the results today? Feels goooood to come from the Horowhenua-Kapiti and Wellington area.

HelenLuver :lol:
The news was saying she's getting ready for her third term. I have one question. Was she once a man? :eyebrow:
Irelevant, I know. :shifty: And no, I'm not really serious. I think she has balls and it's admirable that your population have the guts to vote women into such high positions.
:up:

Angela Harlem said:
The news was saying she's getting ready for her third term. I have one question. Was she once a man? :eyebrow:
Irelevant, I know. :shifty: And no, I'm not really serious. I think she has balls and it's admirable that your population have the guts to vote women into such high positions.

She is getting ready for her first time in opposition. :love:

Our second female Prime Minister too (third if you count Michael Moore), probably our first compotent one though...

I know, here I was reading The Age and they did a 'face off' cover on Brash and Clark.

Now for Brash they picked the most Howard-ish picture they could have found, must have photoshopped for extra mendaciousness etc. For Clark it was airbrushed to the point that her hair was one homogeneous smudge. It was pretty damn funny.

Angela Harlem said:

Random fact: New Zealand is one of only two countries to have two consecutive female leaders.

Anyone know the second? This has been bothering me for ages.

Also, many of the foreigners here may not know New Zealand was the first country to give women the vote. We just plain rock! :rockon:

timothius said:

Get back to your racially devisive policy-making lefty. :hyper: :wink:

Winston Peters appears to have lost Tauranga. :sad: :upset: :cry:

:lol: You know Brash's policies there are exactly what I've been saying lately on my LJ! I still want to form my own Axver Party.

Winston's LOST? :shocked:

timothius said:
Someone has illegally stolen a plane at an Auckland Airport and is threatening to fly it into sky tower. :shocked:

Are you serious? Linkage?

Axver said:

Random fact: New Zealand is one of only two countries to have two consecutive female leaders.

Anyone know the second? This has been bothering me for ages.

Also, many of the foreigners here may not know New Zealand was the first country to give women the vote. We just plain rock! :rockon:

I knew about youse being the first to give women the vote. :up:

And the other country with 2 consecutive was...ah shit, the one with what's her name. Up in Indo region. :confused: No. Megawati Karmaputra whatshername...no...Ah shit, i have to google.

:lol:

Angela Harlem said:

I knew about youse being the first to give women the vote. :up:

And the other country with 2 consecutive was...ah shit, the one with what's her name. Up in Indo region. :confused: No. Megawati Karmaputra whatshername...no...Ah shit, i have to google.

:lol:

Megawati Su-something-putri was Indonesia. Their current leader's name of Something Bangbang Something provides me with childish amusement.

Glad Timo and Dad, Co., could get the correct answer! :up:

timothius said:
Yosusuli Bang Bang Yudiono (spelt phonically obviously)

I love these Indonesian names, and I normally remember them. Tonight, uh ... look, a cloud ...! :shifty:

Obviously Axver voted for this party:

http://www.libertarianz.org.nz/

:hyper:

What is the Libertarianz position on drug use?

Libertarianz would repeal laws prohibiting drug use. Each individual owns his own life; therefore he has the right to treat his body as he chooses.

What about the roads? Would they be privatised as well?

Definitely - but not immediately. Currently there is little fairness in the roading system. House owners who don't own a car are forced to pay for roads through their rates. Libertarianz would abolish road-user charges, fuel tax, road funding from rates etc. and allow user-paid, privately-owned and operated roads. Billing could be achieved through electronic metering, charged according to the type of road and the time of day travelling took place. Congestion could be relieved by billing users less at off-peak times than at peak times.

You know it makes sense dude.

Last edited:
timothius said:
Obviously Axver voted for this party:

http://www.libertarianz.org.nz/

:hyper:

:laugh: Yeah right I did.

I'm probably the only person here who believes in government ownership of national services. New Zealand had a well functioning passenger and freight rail network before they sold the bloody thing off. :mad: Now look, they've had to buy the damn thing back!

Back
Top Bottom