New Zealand Election Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't see the added info.

timothius said:
What is the Libertarianz position on drug use?

Libertarianz would repeal laws prohibiting drug use. Each individual owns his own life; therefore he has the right to treat his body as he chooses.

:down: is all I have to say to that.

What about the roads? Would they be privatised as well?

Definitely - but not immediately. Currently there is little fairness in the roading system. House owners who don't own a car are forced to pay for roads through their rates. Libertarianz would abolish road-user charges, fuel tax, road funding from rates etc. and allow user-paid, privately-owned and operated roads. Billing could be achieved through electronic metering, charged according to the type of road and the time of day travelling took place. Congestion could be relieved by billing users less at off-peak times than at peak times.

Oh, bollocks. Everyone uses the road - my vision's too poor to drive and I've no problem with my tax dollars going to roads. I doubt there's any taxpayer who stays locked up in their house all the time or goes everywhere by tramping through roadless wilderness. We all use footpaths or ride a bike or ride as a passenger or use a bus or SOMETHING like that.

timothius said:
You and your trains. :lol:

New Zealand trains ... :drool:

The days when the 30 mile rule existed must've been golden days. The 30 mile rule meant that goods had to be transported by rail if they were being taken more than 30 miles and a rail route was available. It both kept down traffic and boosted the railways. If it's good for the railways, it gets the :up: from me.

What is the Libertarianz position on self-defence?

Libertarianz believes that all citizens have the right to self-defence and the right to possess the means of self-defence. This right is delegated to the government, for the purpose of an orderly, legally defined enforcement. The police, however, cannot be everywhere at all times. It is essential, therefore, that individuals have the right to possess the means of self-defence as a last resort in the defence of their own life, liberty & property.

But wouldn't more guns mean more crime?

Prohibition doesn't disarm criminals. It only disarms law-abiding citizens. Criminals will always be able to obtain weapons, whether legal or not, but will be less likely to commit crime when citizens have the means of self-defence.

Americanisation... :drool:

timothius said:
*Telstra is sold*

Bye interference it's been a good time, but sadly lack of a quality broadband connection prevents my posting. :happy: :wave:

Actually, Telstra is the shittiest ISP in the land.

:heart: Internode :heart:

timothius said:
What is the Libertarianz position on self-defence?

Libertarianz believes that all citizens have the right to self-defence and the right to possess the means of self-defence. This right is delegated to the government, for the purpose of an orderly, legally defined enforcement. The police, however, cannot be everywhere at all times. It is essential, therefore, that individuals have the right to possess the means of self-defence as a last resort in the defence of their own life, liberty & property.

But wouldn't more guns mean more crime?

Prohibition doesn't disarm criminals. It only disarms law-abiding citizens. Criminals will always be able to obtain weapons, whether legal or not, but will be less likely to commit crime when citizens have the means of self-defence.

Americanisation... :drool:

These kooks exist in New Zealand? Thank goodness they're a very minor party!

I love our relatively gunless society. I love being able to walk through town with the policemen unarmed and STILL FEEL SAFE. But I guess you didn't know that feeling on the south side of Auckland eh Tim? :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
Pfft. netspace and iiNet

I can honestly not recall the last time my connection has dropped out since February. Internode has served me well. :up:

timothius said:
I don't use Telstra as an ISP... but they do maintain the broadband lines. :yes:

I haven't checked the state of play of things ever since I jumped ship from Dart and had to make a choice between Internode and iiNet, but at the time, both of the two were working to establish their own non-Telstra infrastructure. :up:

timothius said:
Thats a couple more than your Greenie Tree Huggers. :love:

Actually, I like their policies on transportation.

Shame I can't even come close to agreeing with them on other issues.

Edit: By the way, Greens have 6 seats now. Wow, this is mightily close! Labour leading by a single seat.

timothius said:
National look screwed by 1 vote. :sad:

:evil:

I truly can't believe how close this is! I wonder, though - will National be able to get enough support from minor parties to form a coalition government?

Axver said:

:evil:

I truly can't believe how close this is! I wonder, though - will National be able to get enough support from minor parties to form a coalition government?

Winston said he would support whoever got the most seats, but thats what he said. He could switch.

Peter Dunne's UFNZ said the same thing. But wont sit in a coalition with the Greens... so everything is not lost for the Nats but I'm not holding my breath.

timothius said:

Winston said he would support whoever got the most seats, but thats what he said. He could switch.

Peter Dunne's UFNZ said the same thing. But wont sit in a coalition with the Greens... so everything is not lost for the Nats but I'm not holding my breath.

Interesting ... :hmm: ... well, at least my area was a safe Labour one. The results amuse me:

Republic of NZ Party: 2 votes
OneNZ: 5
Direct Democratic Party: 8
Total votes: 28,948

timothius said:

If not now then perhaps next time around ~ incumbent government is only going to get more stale.

Back
Top Bottom