New Study of American's Sex Lives - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2005, 03:08 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:48 AM
Those Switchfoot guys need to get laid.

Already before everyone gets mad at me, I'm kidding.

I resent the comment that teenagers are not emotionally developed enough to handle the things that a sexual relationship entails. I'm 18, miss imp13 is 17. We love each other and have a healthy relationship, physically and emotionally. I have never found that our physical relationship has negative effects on everything. We're mature people, and although we might not quite be adults, we're still just as emotionally equipped to handle a sexual relationship as a couple that's been together for 25 years.

And as for you, U2dem... well that's just bad. If my roommate was pulling shit like that, I'd be kicking them out. You ought to work out some sort of system for things like that, because they do deserve their private time, just not when you're in the room.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:38 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

I resent the comment that teenagers are not emotionally developed enough to handle the things that a sexual relationship entails.
There's no need to resent it or take it personally it's just based upon my general observations and experiences. Good for you if you can but on the other hand your experience isn't representative of all teenagers.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
I resent the comment that teenagers are not emotionally developed enough to handle the things that a sexual relationship entails.
Do you think teenages would be self-aware of their lack of emotional development?
Old 09-23-2005, 09:43 AM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Do you think teenages would be self-aware of their lack of emotional development?

this is a good point.

it's amazing the amount you learn, and amazing at how you look back and see how stupid you were.

however, can one get to a point of self-awareness without making mistakes and taking risks?

it is all a part of growing up.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

That's a very good point, when I was a teenager I thought I knew it all

Before anyone gets all bent out of shape, that was me. Dare I say though that some teenagers do think that. Honestly I think I am still developing emotionally, I think people and experiences, self-examination and self awareness tend to do that.

Yes taking risks and making mistakes is important if you learn from them, but you have to do that cautiously. I guess I'm naive enough to think you should maintain a certain level of innocence when you're a teenager because life gets tough enough later. I'm just speaking for me, because I did that and I'm glad I did.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:48 AM
Resent was the wrong word, sorry MrsSpringsteen.

I understand where you guys are coming from on the self-awareness issue. The typical high school/teenage relationship is probably covered by all of your assertions. We handle all of our matters very much like adults, which is probably the reason it's lasted so long. I agree, though. We're most likely the exception, not the rule.

I hope my misuse of 'resent' didn't offend anyone
Old 09-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #52
War Child

Local Time: 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

while this is absolutely true, the two big boogeymen of sex -- AIDS and unwanted pregnancy -- are pretty much impossible to occur if you are having oral sex. there's really no documented case of anyone getting HIV from oral sex, and though some will claim that's how they were infected, one must remember that people often lie about sex and for a gay man it's particularly taboo to have admitted to having unprotected anal sex with anyone other than a monogamous partner.
i agree about pregnancy and AIDS
however, there is little education about other STDs that can be very annoying if not at all make you in fertile
several of these can be carried from genitalia to mouth to genitalia

most focus just on AIDS and pregnancy because these are the most prominent ones. However, diseases tha were thought to have diminished in teh western world are rapidly comming back.
Syphilis
Clamydia etc.

about the self awareness part
I think it is quite a common misconception of "adults" to think they are done with their developemnt.
Ask a 50 old person what they think about whatthey did and felt and thought when they where mature 30 years old
You are done when you die...
Old 09-23-2005, 02:21 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by a-mole

i agree about pregnancy and AIDS
however, there is little education about other STDs that can be very annoying if not at all make you in fertile
several of these can be carried from genitalia to mouth to genitalia

most focus just on AIDS and pregnancy because these are the most prominent ones. However, diseases tha were thought to have diminished in teh western world are rapidly comming back.
Syphilis
Clamydia etc.

all good points.

though, to me, oral sex feels much more impersonal than intercourse.

though, in my opinion, the most intimate thing is kissing.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

though, in my opinion, the most intimate thing is kissing.
maybe that's true, remember when Julia Roberts' character in Pretty Woman would have sex w/ Richard Gere but refused to kiss him?

let's all hide in this thread and talk about kissing and sex
Old 09-24-2005, 04:44 AM   #55
War Child

Local Time: 02:48 PM
as far as i know thi sis supposed to be somewhat of a code for prostitutes - as they too need to have something to save fore their private lifes.
I can generally say that everything that involves my mouth is far more intimiate to me than the mere act of sex.
As stated before - i really do thin it is overrated - if one compares it to how much ado (ok - stealing from shakespear her - no idea if taht word still exists) they mae around it, while everything else involving intimacy is forgotten.