New Study of American's Sex Lives - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtungbaby162
That's bull. My relationship started as a teenage relationship and we're both a little older now and I don't think we're likely to part anytime soon. We love each other a lot, and we've had some rough times but we want each other. And that's all you need. I think it depends on the PEOPLE, not the necessarily the group "teenagers". Some PEOPLE just can't handle things with care, and seeing as you can't forbid certain PEOPLE to have sex, you can't do anything. Teenage sex is okay with me, as long as they use protection.

I don't think sex can be damaging unless you're talking about rape, by the way. I think that THAT power of sex is overrated.
I do agree with you in some respects here, but keep in mind MrsSpringsteen did say "most". You are right, some teenage relationships do manage to make it-my parents started dating when they were in...their junior or senior year of high school, I think it was. Today is their 28th wedding anniversary.

But she is right in saying that a lot don't last, too.

Angela

Old 09-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 AM
well thanks for saying my opinion is bull

I'm not talking about your relationship, I know nothing about it obviously. I'm not for forbidding people to do anything. But I do think treating sex as something to have on the back of a bus and as a way to get self-esteem and attention from others is sad. If you read my whole post maybe you'll see what I was getting at

And I have seen and heard personally plenty of stories about sex other than rape being damaging emotionally to people, not just teenagers either. I'm talking about sex that is not enhancing to one's self-esteem and thus not very healthy.

Old 09-17-2005, 12:08 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

I don't think sex can be damaging unless you're talking about rape, by the way. I think that THAT power of sex is overrated.

Disagree.

Strongly
Old 09-17-2005, 12:31 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:

wow. i don't even know what to say to this. sex can be the most wonderful experience on earth, and it can also be depths of hell, depending on the circumstances. sex for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time, with the wrong person--there's a lot of pain that can go with that that you might not even be aware of until years later.

and rape isn't sex, by the way, it's rape. violence in a sexualized form. please do not equate the two, because they've nothing to do with each other.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:43 PM   #20
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 10:34 PM
Quote:

That's bull. My relationship started as a teenage relationship and we're both a little older now and I don't think we're likely to part anytime soon. We love each other a lot, and we've had some rough times but we want each other. And that's all you need. I think it depends on the PEOPLE, not the necessarily the group "teenagers". Some PEOPLE just can't handle things with care, and seeing as you can't forbid certain PEOPLE to have sex, you can't do anything. Teenage sex is okay with me, as long as they use protection.

No, it's not bull. Your relationship happened to work out and that's great but I don't think many teenage sexual relationships end up being long term.

I'm not any sort of expert on the subject but I do have 4 kids ranging in age from 18 to 30 and I've seen it all when it comes to teenage relationship drama, most of it related to sex. The body may be ready for sex at 15 but the emotions and maturity levels need a bit more time in most cases. I'm sure there are some very mature kids out there who can handle it but they are probably the exception rather than the rule.

And I disagree with your statement that sex can't be damaging. It most certainly can be, to both guys and girls.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

According to the CDC survey, 28 percent of males age 15-17 reported giving oral sex to a female and 40 percent reported receiving oral sex from a female.

Among females aged 15-17, 30 percent report giving oral sex to a male, and 38 percent report receiving oral sex from a male.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
According to the CDC survey, 28 percent of males age 15-17 reported giving oral sex to a female and 40 percent reported receiving oral sex from a female.

Among females aged 15-17, 30 percent report giving oral sex to a male, and 38 percent report receiving oral sex from a male.

this does not surprise me in the least. oh, you heteros ... the more things change, the more they stay the same.

and how terrible! someone *lying* about sex! men exaggerating! how shocking!

am happy to live in a world where oral sex is pretty much *always* reciprocal ... and like good Christians, we know that, sometimes, 'tis better to give than to receive ...

Old 09-17-2005, 02:33 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dandy
sex can be the most wonderful experience on earth, and it can also be depths of hell, depending on the circumstances. sex for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time, with the wrong person--there's a lot of pain that can go with that that you might not even be aware of until years later.

and rape isn't sex, by the way, it's rape. violence in a sexualized form. please do not equate the two, because they've nothing to do with each other.
Yes indeed
Old 09-17-2005, 02:45 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

wow. I don't even know what to say to this. sex can be the most wonderful experience on earth,

sex is life affirming

probably the most pro-life behavior people can participate in

Quote:

sex can also be depths of hell, depending on the circumstances. sex for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time, with the wrong person--there's a lot of pain that can go with that that you might not even be aware of until years later.

this may be your personal experience and I will not challenge it

i do not believe it is a universal truth at all

Quote:

rape isn't sex, by the way, it's rape. violence in a sexualized form. please do not equate the two, because they've nothing to do with each other.
I can accept this as 100 per cent correct
Old 09-18-2005, 07:38 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
They can treat it as casually as they want to have their pleasure and fun, but I think for most girls and boys it is damaging them in some way to be so casual about it.

I think too many teenagers are in denial about the consequences, emotional and physical. After all, some adults are too.
There is some truth in that. It works both ways: some will regret that they had sex with partners they didn´t really care for, some won´t. Others will regret they didn´t have sex up until 18 or older, and some will regret it, some won´t.

I agree with what you say bout the denial of consequences. Not only for so many abortions, also for HIV. The 16-22 heterosexual rate is statistically on the rise here.

(not to say that I haven´t had my share of stupidity when I was in my teens and twens...)
Old 09-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:34 AM
Speaking of teens and oral sex...everytime I woke up last night I heard my roomie and her boyfriend...........
Old 09-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Others will regret they didn´t have sex up until 18 or older, and some will regret it, some won´t.

i would agree with this. i didn't start dating men until i was 24 years old. i missed out on so much. would it have necessarily been a good idea to have been having sex at 16? no, probably not, but i am sorry i waited so long. there was so much loneliness, unhappiness, self-hating, etc. and, as deep pointed out, having sex (especially in the context of a relationship) and finding your sexuality as a source of joy and happiness has done so much to help me deal with myself and understand myself that i do regret not starting soner.

but then again, since i was an adult, i've always made excellent decisions and have never, not once, been unprotected. if i were 17, i don't know if i'd have the presence of mind or maturity to be as concerned with my health, safety, and happiness as i do now as an adult.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
Speaking of teens and oral sex...everytime I woke up last night I heard my roomie and her boyfriend...........

that's gross. you shouldn't have to put up with that.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:02 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

and I am not going to say your rommie sucks

Quote:
they should buy you movie passes

much cheaper than a room

next time put the movie pass clause
in your roomie / rental agreement
Old 09-18-2005, 04:00 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Quote:
You've just given me a reason to be thankful I'm not living in a dorm .

Angela