New Poll of Baghdad citizens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
A New MSNBC poll of citizens in Baghdad shows that 71% of Baghdad citizens do not want US soldiers to leave. Despite the negative media coverage of the past weeks, this clearly shows that even in the heartland of the Sunni area where most of Saddam's support is and anti-US feelings are, the vast majority of Sunni Muslims and citizens living in this difficult area support US efforts there.

Sting, I've never thought the "problem" was the Iraqi people. It's the relatively small bands of pseudo-Wahhabist extremists who don't mind blowing up hotels full of *Iraqi* workers that happen to have U.S. staff people in them. They're over there on the loose. Saudi Arabia can't find 3,000 of its citizens. It's believed they've gone into Iraq to join the Sunni extremists in Iraq. Two of these guys were busted for the mosque bombing along with two Iraqi Sunnis. :scream: :scream: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I know, but this poll helps destroy the myth among liberals that the USA is facing majority popular opposition in Iraq. Not only is there not majority popular opposition in Iraq, but even in Baghdad, the area where most resistence is coming from, there is not majority popular opposition to US presence in Iraq. Most people even in a place like Baghdad support the US presence.

I wonder what the breakdown looks like in a politicized area like Sadr city.

I don't know, Dread. There was a report that Shi'ite demonstrators there had told the U.S. troops to stay out of there. I'm not looking at that report right now, I had to pitch some newspapers to negate a massive conglomeration of newspapers on the kitchen table. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom