new MPH campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
Make Poverty History is launching a new campaign today.

from the website:

MAKEPOVERTYHISTORY launches its global 'Click' campaign.
Connor Amey

Today in London and across the globe Make Poverty History launched the 'Click' ad. The advert uses a number of instantly recognisable celebrities from Brad Pitt to Cameron Diaz, Colin Firth to Emma Thompson, Kylie to P Diddy (to name but a few) who, click their fingers every 3 seconds. Each click symbolises the death of a child. Across the developing world, one child dies every three seconds from extreme poverty.

With German, Canadian and other G8 coalitions developing their own versions of the 'Click' ad, the Make Poverty History campaign is building mass public support to challenge both the UK and other G8 governments to drop the debt, make trade just and give more and better aid to developing countries.

Over the coming months, millions of people will see and hear the 'Click' ad in cinemas, at concerts, on the radio and online.

if you havent already, go to www.makepovertyhistory.com
and sign up

the ads themselves air on the website from 8pm (GMT) tonight

if you havent seen this yet you should

its a great campaign - high profile people and a VERY strong message.

go to the website to see it

Thanks for posting this, digsy.

I was just going to post it until I saw your thread so I decided just to join yours.

And if you're still going to Africa soon, take good care and learn a lot. You'll come back a changed person (for the better). :yes:
-----------------------------------------------------------

(From Sir Bob Geldof)

Tonight Make Poverty History is going to make television history.

At 19.58, across almost every TV channel, a short film featuring Brad Pitt, Bono, Cameron Diaz and many more famous faces, will show exactly why the opportunity we have this year to bring an end to poverty shouldn't be wasted.

It's called "Click" because in about the time it takes for you to click your fingers a person dies of extreme poverty. Dies, often, for want of medicine that you or I could buy over a counter at any chemist.

Do tell everyone you can to watch the launch of "Click" tonight - it's a really remarkable film. If you can't get to a TV you will be able to see it here after 20.00. Please forward this mail on to a group of your friends, and ask them to join us at www.makepovertyhistory.org too.

Thanks for your support. Together we really can make poverty history.

Bob :bow:

Back
Top Bottom