New Michigan PSOR - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2005, 12:41 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:03 AM
I agree, melon. So do you care that their pictures are posted?

Old 05-13-2005, 02:40 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Smearing someone who committed consentual statutory rape within a close age range (18 versus 15, for instance) does nothing but ruin someone's life. And that's what a lot of these lists do. Sure, it may be the smallest of minorities on that list, and I'm not advocating throwing the list out altogether, but that's where Congress should exercise common sense and change the law, even if just to tweak it.

If we are going to have statutory rape laws, they should not be undercut by a lessor standard of consequences.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:42 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I think it is a fair and reasonable consequence to a conviction for a sex crime.
open up the door for selfjustice and revenge.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:08 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:03 AM
You would rather keep sexual predators a secret?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:07 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...format=&page=1

"Most of them flee to different states to try and beat the system,'' Hunter said.`They're marked and everybody's watching them. They've told me they feel its improper they're posted, they feel they've done their time.''

But the state Sex Offender Registry Board believes otherwise. They have classified all as Level 3 sex offenders, meaning they're most likely to reoffend."
Old 05-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
They have classified all as Level 3 sex offenders, meaning they're most likely to reoffend."
So, again, if that's the case...

Why even let them out of jail in the first place?

Angela
Old 05-14-2005, 11:08 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
You would rather keep sexual predators a secret?
For people like you and i yes,..not for the police. The offenders should know that that they be watched CLOSELY by the LAW not by a scared idiot that likes to believe that he and his child is save knowing it.. What do you think what will happen if one off your children would be raped,..you will go first to the offender that is on that website and is living in the neighboor hood of you without thinking, is he guilty or not.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:15 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
For people like you and i yes,..not for the police. The offenders should know that that they be watched CLOSELY by the LAW not by a scared idiot that likes to believe that he and his child is save knowing it.. What do you think what will happen if one off your children would be raped,..you will go first to the offender that is on that website and is living in the neighboor hood of you without thinking, is he guilty or not.
I disagree. Police forces, especially in large metropolitan areas barely have enough resources to deal with the crime they have, let along monitor known sexual predators. I don't think the PSORs will effect where I choose to live if/when I have kids, but I will definitely check and figure out who's-who in the neighborhood.

And I also agree with Doug on the statutory rape thing. That's still a stupid choice people making knowing it's illegal and knowing theyir face could be posted online for the next 10 years. Yet, they make that choice....
Old 05-14-2005, 06:16 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

I disagree. Police forces, especially in large metropolitan areas barely have enough resources to deal with the crime they have, let along monitor known sexual predators. I don't think the PSORs will effect where I choose to live if/when I have kids, but I will definitely check and figure out who's-who in the neighborhood.

And I also agree with Doug on the statutory rape thing. That's still a stupid choice people making knowing it's illegal and knowing theyir face could be posted online for the next 10 years. Yet, they make that choice....
I would like to see drunkdrivers also on internet, they are more dangerous for my kids,...