New mayor for London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He didn't say that, and I would venture that an explanation for support for the BNP isn't because those people are white supremacists but because they have been fucked over by politicians who ignored their issues in favour of garnering certain ethnic votes.

That would be an explanation, but it does affirm a reason without saying that racism is a good thing and I would suppose that is the type of answer financeguy would use.

financeguy said:

Can you explain why you think that working class people who support the BNP are misinformed?

Anyone that votes for the BNP is misinformed. I don't see why anyone would try and defend that neo-nazi group that threatens such violence and hatred.

And Vaz, that argument about Cameron's cabinet mostly comprising of Etonians is spot on :up:

People who vote BNP are disillusioned with British politics and are sick of being lied to and let down, a lot of BNP voters are not particularly racist but see them mainly as a protest vote, a protest against laxed immigration policy, political correctness and mainstream politics pandering to the minorities.

I think it was a bit ignorant to say " misinformed". At least parties like BNP say what they mean and dont heavily depend on sound bytes for the media and spin, now that is misinformed.

Im not a BNP supporter by the way.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

vaz02 said:
People who vote BNP are disillusioned with British politics and are sick of being lied to and let down, a lot of BNP voters are not particularly racist but see them mainly as a protest vote, a protest against laxed immigration policy, political correctness and mainstream politics pandering to the minorities.

I think it was a bit ignorant to say " misinformed". At least parties like BNP say what they mean and dont heavily depend on sound bytes for the media and spin, now that is misinformed.

Im not a BNP supporter by the way.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

The BNP party is founded on racist prejudice - their core belief is that immigration is the root of all problems, and surely that is racist? If they are encouraging their members to go and 'do someting about it' ?
I must think that BNP voters are misinformed else I loose all faith in the human race whatsoever. I prefer to think of these people are 'misinformed' rather than just plain 'bad' - because in my opinion the views aired on their website are just wrong.

But yes - I still think that these people have the right to say what they think. I just wish they didn't think like that.

partygirlvox said:

I must think that BNP voters are misinformed else I loose all faith in the human race whatsoever. I prefer to think of these people are 'misinformed' rather than just plain 'bad'

:up:

i recently became friends with a guy who votes BNP, but i didn't know he did until i asked him who he voted for due to the recent council elections.

i'd been chatting to him for ages about music and football and stuff and he told me that he'd recently been laid off and had been on the dole. he's a really lovely bloke so i was a bit surprised when i found out he voted BNP. therefore i do think that he is 'misinformed' rather than 'bad'. he probably just sees immmigrants taking jobs as an excuse for his situation. looking for a scapegoat i suppose.

i'm not going to stop being his mate though just because of the political party he aligns himself with, i'm not that self-righteous enough to do that.

Back
Top Bottom