New JFK Assasination Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/15321194.htm
http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/localnews/ci_4213033

http://159.54.227.3/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060822/NEWS/608220327
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_467107.html

Basically, to sum it up, these two scientists have now proven that there could have been up to five shots fired at the President's motorcade.

If you know anything about the "Magic Bullet" theory, it is what has been used to prove that there was one gunman. These metallurgists have proven that the methods used by the FBI, the Warren Commission, the Church Commission of 1979 to prove that the damage done to John Connoly and President Kennedy was from one bullet, is flawed.

2039. Can I live until 2039 when all of the documents will be unsealed.

I just don't know why they don't unseal them now. Both JFK and the Cold War are long dead, not to mention that their contemporaries are mostly dead these days too. It's not like you can put dead men on trial, so I don't see much purpose in keeping it classified for the hell of it.

Melon

melon said:

Not as long as there is such a thing as politicians.

Melon

:tsk: melon

Not as long as there are certain types of very greedy/corrupt, authoritarian/ or theocratic polititians. :shifty:

maybe I'm not as ....?cynical?....as you are.
I've had some not perfect but good Congressmen where i used to live in NYC. And :applaud: Shirely Chisolm was fromn NYC.

:wink:

While he was far from perfect [had he lived- dealing with the next rise of Feminism, and new G/L/B/T rights] the spirtual changes that RFK went through after his brother's assasination esp his empathy, and actions for the poor from Bedford Styverson Brooklyn NY<sp>, Appalacia <sp>, Mississipi Delta & rest of thbe South, to the verdant field crops in California.........were genuine.

I was pretty young when my mom started commenting on his changes.

I was just reading in the Atlantic a review from Christopher Hitchen's on a new book out about Kennedy. Hitchen's claims in the review that Kennedy was probably way too effected by all the medications he was taking to make fully rational decisions as the leader of the Free World. Interesting claim.

dano said:
I was just reading in the Atlantic a review from Christopher Hitchen's on a new book out about Kennedy. Hitchen's claims in the review that Kennedy was probably way too effected by all the medications he was taking to make fully rational decisions as the leader of the Free World. Interesting claim.

Michael beschloss basically made the same conclusions. The meds he was on most definitely affected how poorly his first meeting with Kruschev went.

dazzledbylight said:

There was a definite transition in the man. He participated in many of the tactics this administration uses in the war on terror yet in matters of civil rights, was quite liberal.

I wonder how much of his change resulted from knowledge that he may have had a part in bringing about his brother's death.

You can truly spend an entire lifetime searching for the final solution to these kinds of deaths. I hope you see an answer in your lifetime, Dread. I'd like to see a conlusive answer on Jack the Ripper.

I don't understand why people are determined to stir up things that should stay dead and buried.

Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK - the whole world knows it! Can't people leave well enough alone??

WHO CARES if there was one shot or 100 shots? The fact remains that JFK was assasinated and his killer was then shot on live TV by Jack Ruby (or is THAT a lie too......???).

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands.....

One of my high school teachers has been stuying the JFK assasination since it happened. He knows enough that members of the FBI knock on his door every once-in-a-while. He brings students down to the site of everything every year and has symposiums where he brings the surviving witnesses down and Oswald's wife. I got to meet these people when I was in high school. From what I know, this is the biggest government pile of poo cover up. It's sickening. I forget the numbers, but it's interesting how many of the witnesses died in the year or two following the assasination, too. It's not normal.

coemgen said:
One of my high school teachers has been stuying the JFK assasination since it happened. He knows enough that members of the FBI knock on his door every once-in-a-while. He brings students down to the site of everything every year and has symposiums where he brings the surviving witnesses down and Oswald's wife. I got to meet these people when I was in high school. From what I know, this is the biggest government pile of poo cover up. It's sickening. I forget the numbers, but it's interesting how many of the witnesses died in the year or two following the assasination, too. It's not normal.

There was no cover-up. The Warren Commission made a thorough investigation and reached the conclusion that Oswald was the only killer.....what's to cover up?

AchtungBono said:

There was no cover-up. The Warren Commission made a thorough investigation and reached the conclusion that Oswald was the only killer.....what's to cover up?

Well I guess that settles that then. :wink:

dazzledbylight said:

While he was far from perfect [had he lived- dealing with the next rise of Feminism, and new G/L/B/T rights] the spirtual changes that RFK went through after his brother's assasination esp his empathy, and actions for the poor from Bedford Styverson Brooklyn NY<sp>, Appalacia <sp>, Mississipi Delta & rest of thbe South, to the verdant field crops in California.........were genuine.

:wave:

Thanks for that post!!!! RFK was a different person post-Nov 22 1963.

:hmm:

I think I've come up with something to tinker with for my English paper this semester.

Sherry Darling said:

Well I guess that settles that then. :wink:

Erm....was that a dig? I'm being totally serious.

I have the entire Warren Commission as it was published in 1964 (I believe) and I read that they concluded that there was only one shooter.

Thinking anything else on the basis of a movie is like believing that there really were two passengers on the Titanic called Rose and Jack just because James Cameron can tell a good story.

I like to deal in FACT, not fiction.

I do not doubt that that is what they concluded, AB.

I was teasing you a bit :kiss: because some very valid questions have been raised and you made a rather cut-and-dried statement without addressing those questions.

AchtungBono said:

Erm....was that a dig? I'm being totally serious.

I have the entire Warren Commission as it was published in 1964 (I believe) and I read that they concluded that there was only one shooter.

Thinking anything else on the basis of a movie is like believing that there really were two passengers on the Titanic called Rose and Jack just because James Cameron can tell a good story.

I like to deal in FACT, not fiction.

jfk conspiracy theories are not solely based on oliver stone's movie. read the articles dread posted. new scientific evidence suggests that some of the "factual" conclusions drawn by the warren commission were based on "truthy" science that now seems to be outdated.

MacHat said:
I never believed that magic bullet theory, what a load of bollocks.

saw this show on TV...fascinating:

From Wikpedia:

A Discovery Channel special Unsolved History: JFK - Beyond the Magic Bullet atempted to replicate, as well as possible, the conditions of that day. The participants set up blocks of ballistics gel with a substance similar to human bone inside. These studies showed that largely undeformed bullets were possible to produce, if they were slowed by a passage though a tissue-like substance before striking bone. Next, two mannequin figures made of ballistic anatomical substances (animal skin, gelatin, and interior bone-like cast) were set up in the exact relative position of JFK and Connally. A marksman, from a distance equal to that of the sixth floor of the book depository building, fired the same rifle model found in the Book Depository, using a round from the same batch of the same "Western Case Cartridge Company" 6.5x52 mm ammunition purchased with the surplus Carcano weapon in early 1963 (and three expended brass from which was found with the weapon, in the book depository Nov. 22, 1963). The path of their single bullet (followed by high speed photography) duplicated, almost exactly, the wounds suffered by the victims that day, the only difference being that the bullet did not quite have enough energy to penetrate the "thigh" substance in front of the Connally figure, due to striking an extra bone in the "rib" model (i.e., it fractured 2 ribs in the model vs. one rib in Connally). It was also slightly more deformed than CE 399, possibly for the same reason. However, this bullet came close enough to duplicating all wounds in both men with a single shot, with a bullet having little deformation, that the theory, while technically improbable, is much more plausible than previously thought [13].

AchtungBono said:

*gasps*

You're quoting K-Fed on a U2 board???? That's like having Anna Nicole-Smith do research for Stephen Hawking.....

Sacreligious!!!

:lmao:

:lmao:

AchtungBono said:

The House Committee on Assasinations (Church Comittee) 1978-79 concluded otherwise. They conluded the Warren Commission was flawed in its investigation. This has nothing to do with Oliver Stone.

U2 Democrat.....When are we going to the Library together!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom