New JFK Assasination Information - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2006, 09:37 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:47 AM
One of my high school teachers has been stuying the JFK assasination since it happened. He knows enough that members of the FBI knock on his door every once-in-a-while. He brings students down to the site of everything every year and has symposiums where he brings the surviving witnesses down and Oswald's wife. I got to meet these people when I was in high school. From what I know, this is the biggest government pile of poo cover up. It's sickening. I forget the numbers, but it's interesting how many of the witnesses died in the year or two following the assasination, too. It's not normal.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:54 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen
One of my high school teachers has been stuying the JFK assasination since it happened. He knows enough that members of the FBI knock on his door every once-in-a-while. He brings students down to the site of everything every year and has symposiums where he brings the surviving witnesses down and Oswald's wife. I got to meet these people when I was in high school. From what I know, this is the biggest government pile of poo cover up. It's sickening. I forget the numbers, but it's interesting how many of the witnesses died in the year or two following the assasination, too. It's not normal.
There was no cover-up. The Warren Commission made a thorough investigation and reached the conclusion that Oswald was the only killer.....what's to cover up?

Old 08-29-2006, 10:14 AM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AchtungBono

There was no cover-up. The Warren Commission made a thorough investigation and reached the conclusion that Oswald was the only killer.....what's to cover up?
Well I guess that settles that then.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight

While he was far from perfect [had he lived- dealing with the next rise of Feminism, and new G/L/B/T rights] the spirtual changes that RFK went through after his brother's assasination esp his empathy, and actions for the poor from Bedford Styverson Brooklyn NY<sp>, Appalacia <sp>, Mississipi Delta & rest of thbe South, to the verdant field crops in California.........were genuine.

I was pretty young when my mom started commenting on his changes.

Thanks for that post!!!! RFK was a different person post-Nov 22 1963.

I think I've come up with something to tinker with for my English paper this semester.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:23 AM   #20
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry Darling

Well I guess that settles that then.
Erm....was that a dig? I'm being totally serious.

I have the entire Warren Commission as it was published in 1964 (I believe) and I read that they concluded that there was only one shooter.

Thinking anything else on the basis of a movie is like believing that there really were two passengers on the Titanic called Rose and Jack just because James Cameron can tell a good story.

I like to deal in FACT, not fiction.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:47 AM
I do not doubt that that is what they concluded, AB.

I was teasing you a bit because some very valid questions have been raised and you made a rather cut-and-dried statement without addressing those questions.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:30 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Erm....was that a dig? I'm being totally serious.

I have the entire Warren Commission as it was published in 1964 (I believe) and I read that they concluded that there was only one shooter.

Thinking anything else on the basis of a movie is like believing that there really were two passengers on the Titanic called Rose and Jack just because James Cameron can tell a good story.

I like to deal in FACT, not fiction.
jfk conspiracy theories are not solely based on oliver stone's movie. read the articles dread posted. new scientific evidence suggests that some of the "factual" conclusions drawn by the warren commission were based on "truthy" science that now seems to be outdated.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight

melon

Not as long as there are certain types of very greedy/corrupt, authoritarian/ or theocratic polititians.
isn't that all of 'em though?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

isn't that all of 'em though?
*gasps*

You're quoting K-Fed on a U2 board???? That's like having Anna Nicole-Smith do research for Stephen Hawking.....

Sacreligious!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #25
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by MacHat
I never believed that magic bullet theory, what a load of bollocks.
saw this show on TV...fascinating:

From Wikpedia:

A Discovery Channel special Unsolved History: JFK - Beyond the Magic Bullet atempted to replicate, as well as possible, the conditions of that day. The participants set up blocks of ballistics gel with a substance similar to human bone inside. These studies showed that largely undeformed bullets were possible to produce, if they were slowed by a passage though a tissue-like substance before striking bone. Next, two mannequin figures made of ballistic anatomical substances (animal skin, gelatin, and interior bone-like cast) were set up in the exact relative position of JFK and Connally. A marksman, from a distance equal to that of the sixth floor of the book depository building, fired the same rifle model found in the Book Depository, using a round from the same batch of the same "Western Case Cartridge Company" 6.5x52 mm ammunition purchased with the surplus Carcano weapon in early 1963 (and three expended brass from which was found with the weapon, in the book depository Nov. 22, 1963). The path of their single bullet (followed by high speed photography) duplicated, almost exactly, the wounds suffered by the victims that day, the only difference being that the bullet did not quite have enough energy to penetrate the "thigh" substance in front of the Connally figure, due to striking an extra bone in the "rib" model (i.e., it fractured 2 ribs in the model vs. one rib in Connally). It was also slightly more deformed than CE 399, possibly for the same reason. However, this bullet came close enough to duplicating all wounds in both men with a single shot, with a bullet having little deformation, that the theory, while technically improbable, is much more plausible than previously thought [13].
Old 08-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

*gasps*

You're quoting K-Fed on a U2 board???? That's like having Anna Nicole-Smith do research for Stephen Hawking.....

Sacreligious!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

Thanks for that post!!!! RFK was a different person post-Nov 22 1963.

I think I've come up with something to tinker with for my English paper this semester.

glad to be inspirational !
Old 08-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

The House Committee on Assasinations (Church Comittee) 1978-79 concluded otherwise. They conluded the Warren Commission was flawed in its investigation. This has nothing to do with Oliver Stone.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

U2 Democrat.....When are we going to the Library together!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Coverups usually try to hide stupidity more than conspiracy.