New Jersey embraces civil rights for all couples - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-26-2006, 09:10 PM   #106
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


That's too bad, Christ sure did.
I have praid and yet no answer yet.
__________________

__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 PM   #107
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,675
Local Time: 02:46 PM
Prayer requires patience...
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:24 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I don't even bother with these arguments anymore.

You know why?

Because time is on the side of those who support gay marriage. We can wait you folks out. Time is running against you and you are siding with a wrong, and losing issue. Give it 50 years and kids will be looking at today and wondering who these bigots were, sort of like we wonder who those racist hicks were that forbid blacks from sitting at the front of the bus. It's coming, it's a sure as the fact the sun will rise in the East tomorrow.

Time waits for no man.
Great post, and I couldn't agree more. I live in the state that was the cradle of the Civil Rights movement, and I'm proud to support the latest civil rights struggle, that of my gay brothers and sisters to get the rights they deserve because they're human beings like me. It's not like they're barging into the Catholic Church and demanding the Sacrament of Marriage, which can only be given to a man and a woman. That doesn't mean gays can't marry in other churches, or no church if that's what they decide. It's all about freedom and choice and the right thing to do.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Prayer requires patience...
I have tried and it has failed.

only the fortunate.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #110
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,675
Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24


I have tried and it has failed.

only the fortunate.
I've been waiting 31 years.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 01:46 PM
So does that mean there is no god?
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #112
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,675
Local Time: 02:46 PM
no
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Justin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 6,716
Local Time: 01:46 PM
SORRY ABOUT THIS FOLKS I JUST WANT TO SSSSSSSSSSSSCREAM! AS BVS AND IRVINE SHOULD KNOW FROM PM'S I HAVE SENT.
__________________
Justin24 is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:42 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 03:46 PM
Just a quick personal note on this whole issue. I'm from Massachusetts and back in 2003 when gay marriage first became legalized, I was not happy with it. I would tell jokes that MA no longer the Bay State, but now the Gay State. Having attended a catholic school from kindergartern through college, it was pretty well engrained into my head that marriage was for a man and a woman and anything was just wrong. As days and months went by, my life did not change - locusts didn't descend upon my state, the world did not end - life went on. I realized that if people love one another, then it shouldn't make a bit of difference what the gender they are. If the United States truly believes that everyone is equal, that should mean equal in every aspect of life - incuding marriage. To think otherwise is downright foolish.

To those people that bring up Satan and all that mumbo-jumbo, why are you concerned about the actions of others? If you think that people will go to hell for being gay and getting married, why should you care if it's not you? No one is going to come to your door and make you marry a member of the same sex, so you won't be going to hell. Believe whatever you want, just don't go shoving your judgements down anyone else's throat. Enjoy life, you'll be much happier.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #115
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
SORRY ABOUT THIS FOLKS I JUST WANT TO SSSSSSSSSSSSCREAM! AS BVS AND IRVINE SHOULD KNOW FROM PM'S I HAVE SENT.


justin, hang in there.

please hang in there.

you're going to see this through, and i want you to call someone. find someone to talk to right now.

feel better.

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 10-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #116
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Just a quick personal note on this whole issue. I'm from Massachusetts and back in 2003 when gay marriage first became legalized, I was not happy with it. I would tell jokes that MA no longer the Bay State, but now the Gay State. Having attended a catholic school from kindergartern through college, it was pretty well engrained into my head that marriage was for a man and a woman and anything was just wrong. As days and months went by, my life did not change - locusts didn't descend upon my state, the world did not end - life went on. I realized that if people love one another, then it shouldn't make a bit of difference what the gender they are. If the United States truly believes that everyone is equal, that should mean equal in every aspect of life - incuding marriage. To think otherwise is downright foolish.

To those people that bring up Satan and all that mumbo-jumbo, why are you concerned about the actions of others? If you think that people will go to hell for being gay and getting married, why should you care if it's not you? No one is going to come to your door and make you marry a member of the same sex, so you won't be going to hell. Believe whatever you want, just don't go shoving your judgements down anyone else's throat. Enjoy life, you'll be much happier.


great post. thank you.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I don't even bother with these arguments anymore.

You know why?

Because time is on the side of those who support gay marriage. We can wait you folks out. Time is running against you and you are siding with a wrong, and losing issue. Give it 50 years and kids will be looking at today and wondering who these bigots were, sort of like we wonder who those racist hicks were that forbid blacks from sitting at the front of the bus. It's coming, it's a sure as the fact the sun will rise in the East tomorrow.

Time waits for no man.
So this is it? Same-sex marriage. Once we get this last great hurdle of prejudice behind us, then mankind is good to go?

You are fooling yourself if you think some group; be it polygamists, clones, Martians, obelisk worshipers or maybe grown men who want to wear diapers to work--who knows what --won't come along to challenge the moorings of the day. Tired of living on the fringe of society and only asking for the same rights that others enjoy. And what? No one can say "no" in the future?
The point being, in the eyes of someone, those kids of the future that you imagine so enlightened...will be "bigots." I wonder how they will answer the charge?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #118
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,675
Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


So this is it? Same-sex marriage. Once we get this last great hurdle of prejudice behind us, then mankind is good to go?

You are fooling yourself if you think some group; be it polygamists, clones, Martians, obelisk worshipers or maybe grown men who want to wear diapers to work--who knows what --won't come along to challenge the moorings of the day. Tired of living on the fringe of society and only asking for the same rights that others enjoy. And what? No one can say "no" in the future?
The point being, in the eyes of someone, those kids of the future that you imagine so enlightened...will be "bigots." I wonder how they will answer the charge?


Yeah we should have kept those blacks from voting for now everyone will want equal rights...

Come on, at least be honest with your reasons people.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I find your "morals" to be extremely immoral, and social conservatives have always been on the side of moral chaos. History is on my side with that one.
Explain, please.
__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 10-26-2006, 10:34 PM   #120
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,675
Local Time: 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest


Explain, please.
Slavery, inter-racial marriage, women's voting rights, civil rights... social conservatives have been on the wrong side of them all.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com