New Jersey embraces civil rights for all couples - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2006, 07:37 PM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
In the end, I will always fight against those who wish to institute Taliban-style myopia in American society. And I certainly make sure to vote in every election without fail.

Melon

How many likely Democratic presidential candidates support gay marriage? Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Gore?

Have you voted for any of these folks in the past?

Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #62
She's the One

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
LIke I said I dont give a Flying Fuck if they Marry just shut up and let a person have there own belifes.
He can have his beliefs all he wants. Just like I can. And if I believe someone's full of shit, I gonna tell him.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #63
She's the One

Has AEON really answered Irvine yet?

Was the post about hiding behind the Bible all we're gonna get?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Fine but dont be a Converter, which seems to me like many in here try to do to other people. Just because they dont agree with you does not mean there Biggots or idiots. Go live with them or hang out with them to see how they really are. Hell they could think that you and I are full of complete Bullshit.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
AEON, why does it bother you if two women get married?
It actually doesn't bother me in a micro sense.

However, to me it is yet another overall symptom of a nation slipping into moral chaos. In my opinion, the definition of marriage of easy. It was also easy for Jesus Christ.

I personally believe that the Enemy is attacking the foundations of our society. That's the best place to attack if you want to destroy something. If we agree that one of the foundations of a society is the family, then it only makes sense the Enemy would seek to destroy it.

And the Enemy appears to be winning the battle for this society. How do I know? Even the word "family" evokes anger and hostility...even hatred. Hatred and anger only come from one source...the ruler of this world.

This is simply another "sign" of the Enemy winning - so that's why I post. To hopefully warn and educate. To try and demonstrate that not everyone thinks this "progress."

You are obviously welcome to disagree with me. And I think the discussion is important. I don't want to see anyone denied something they really want, as long as what they "want" is in tune with what God wants for them. God's character has been proven through His Son, Jesus Christ - and even He surrendered to His father's will.

We are not born simply to get what we want out of life, to suck up the time we've been given then die some quiet death in a corner of a hospice. We are here because we were placed here, for a specific reason, a specific job. We can choose to ignore it, or take it on. I've chosen to embrace it - and I've never had such "peace, love, and understanding."
Old 10-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
How many likely Democratic presidential candidates support gay marriage? Clinton, Kerry, Edwards, Gore?

You do bring up a great point here.

Frankly, ever since Kerry, I've been maddeningly disillusioned with the Democratic Party, because I've come to the conclusion that they do nothing but pay lip service to the gay community. They don't deserve our undying loyalty.

However, I am more pragmatic than many. Despite my contempt for the Democratic Party establishment, I believe that they are more likely to listen to reason on this issue, in the long run. The Republican Party, however, is too busy being drunk with power having skillfully manipulated the Religious Right into electing them into power. I certainly do not expect them to make the first move on this issue.

Third parties, as much as I wish they were a viable option in this country, just aren't. As I've mentioned before here, it would probably take massive electoral reform to make it more hospitable for third party movements. There's just too many laws that more than perpetuate the two-party system. Most certainly, that's by design.

Melon
Old 10-26-2006, 07:43 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500

Translation;
Your insolence will not be tolerated.

Aeon, as this thread illustrates, there are some here you can enjoyably debate and converse with, and some it's best to avoid. So insecurely held are their beliefs, so shallow their autonomy, their doctrine so fleeting; that challenges or scrutiny can only be met with, at best avoidance, but more often than not hostility and defamation of character. As you've no doubt discovered.
Aye
Old 10-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #68
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

most support Civil Unions, and in private, probably support Marriage, but they need to win elections.

and Clinton doesn't seem such a fan of heterosexual marriage
Old 10-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #69
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON

It actually doesn't bother me in a micro sense.

However, to me it is yet another overall symptom of a nation slipping into moral chaos. In my opinion, the definition of marriage of easy. It was also easy for Jesus Christ.

I personally believe that the Enemy is attacking the foundations of our society. That's the best place to attack if you want to destroy something. If we agree that one of the foundations of a society is the family, then it only makes sense the Enemy would seek to destroy it.

And the Enemy appears to be winning the battle for this society. How do I know? Even the word "family" evokes anger and hostility...even hatred. Hatred and anger only come from one source...the ruler of this world.

This is simply another "sign" of the Enemy winning - so that's why I post. To hopefully warn and educate. To try and demonstrate that not everyone thinks this "progress."

AEON, i am not your enemy.

i'm really not.

i love, just like you do.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:45 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Irvine I have a question. I support it in a Civil Union Sense does the Church, Synogogs, Buhhdist Temples, Mosque have a right to ban it or are the biggoted for that? Would you consider me a Biggot for only supporting Civil Unions??
Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #71
She's the One

I still give this thread five stars.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

your viewpoint is exclusionary, whereas mine is inclusionary.

Melon
By defnition, ALL viewpoints are exlusionary, even yours.

Once you posit Viewpoint A, you are saying that Viewpoint A cannot be Viewpoint A and Viewpoint B at the same time.

"A" cannot be "A" and "non-A" at the same time. The basic law of non-contradiction.

Basically, you are suggesting I follow your viewpoint. Once I do so, I am conceding that my viewpoint is false. I can't say I'm ready to surrender my moral beliefs to the latest secular trends.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by AEON
And the Enemy is so skillful as to mislead you as to what is destroying the American family.

It's not homosexuals. I find it absolutely laughable to believe that. Homosexuals don't compel heterosexual couples to commit adultery. To fight. To get divorced. Homosexuals have nothing to do with any of that.

What I do think has hurt it is the politicization of religion. You've insisted on making moral issues political issues, and, as such, religion is going down the same path as medieval Europe: one of complete disillusionment with religion, as it has become intertwined with the polarization that is politics.

What also hurts is how the average American family is under a lot more economic stress than in generations past. For the last 30 years, the path to a well-paying job is no longer virtually assured. Who has time to work on a marriage, when you need both spouses working their fool asses off all the time? Who has the money to have a family when you're constantly insecure about your job?

You want to help the American family? Stop scapegoating unpopular minorities, because all it does is deflect from the real problems. Indeed, go to Japan. Very conservative society. Very expensive and high pressure society. Negative population growth. Of course, I'd expect nothing less than scapegoating from the Enemy.

Melon
Old 10-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #74
Refugee

Quote:

Frankly, ever since Kerry, I've been maddeningly disillusioned with the Democratic Party, because I've come to the conclusion that they do nothing but pay lip service to the gay community. They don't deserve our undying loyalty.

The Republican Party, however, is too busy being drunk with power having skillfully manipulated the Religious Right into electing them into power.
Melon
That's a great similarity between how the parties handle their special interest groups. More effective for the Republicans though because the Religious Right is a larger bloc of voters and much better financed.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:53 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

You do bring up a great point here.

However, I am more pragmatic than many. Despite my contempt for the Democratic Party establishment, I believe that they are more likely to listen to reason on this issue, in the long run. The Republican Party, however, is too busy being drunk with power having skillfully manipulated the Religious Right into electing them into power. I certainly do not expect them to make the first move on this issue.

Third parties, as much as I wish they were a viable option in this country, just aren't. As I've mentioned before here, it would probably take massive electoral reform to make it more hospitable for third party movements. There's just too many laws that more than perpetuate the two-party system. Most certainly, that's by design.

Melon
Actually, Melon, this is something in which I am in complete agreement with you. Albeit, for entirely different reasons