New Jersey embraces civil rights for all couples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
melon said:

Ah just think? This thread was about New Jersey embracing civil rights. And it turned into a free-for-all gay bashing thread.

I know what I'm going to do the next time there's a thread on Christianity. There's enough skeletons in its historical closet to make for a nice Christian-bashing thread. After all, it's only fair that I return the favor in kind.

Melon

Hey man, bash all you want. But don't forget that there are loads of us Christians who see you as equal, loved, and blessed.

We will continue to fight for you, and we will not rest until the rest of society accepts and embraces you as equal too.

Last edited:
redhotswami said:
Hey man, bash all you want. But don't forget that there are loads of us Christians who see you as equal, loved, and blessed.

We will continue to fight for you, and we will not rest until the rest of society accepts and embraces you as equal too.

Thanks for the sentiment. It makes me hopeful for the future, in the long run.

Melon

Inquiring into how we arrive at legal definitions of marriage and the soundness of the logic we use to do that is not an unreasonable question, no matter what the immediate pretext is. Introducing the topic sarcastically, however, was not a good idea, nor were some of the needlessly venomous outbursts which followed.

However, there were some very thoughtful posts and some still more impressive displays of humility in the mix, and a little new ground did get covered, at least. Hopefully it will be those posts that set the tone for next time.

I think it would be in everyone's best interest to give this topic a break for awhile, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom