New Al Quaida audiotape aired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klaus

Refugee
on a one of these small green spots at that blue p
'Al-Qaeda tape' warns US

An audio tape purported to be from a top al-Qaeda official has warned the United States it will pay a "high price" if any of the men it is holding at Guantanamo Bay are harmed.

The tape was broadcast by al-Arabiya television, which said it was from Ayman al-Zawahri, widely believed to be Osama Bin Laden's right hand man.

The voice warned that if the US sentenced any Muslim detainee to death, Americans would pay the price for it.

The US is holding more than 600 alleged al-Qaeda and Taleban fighters at its Guantanamo base - it said in July that some of them should face trial in a military tribunal.

The Dubai-based station did not say when or how it had obtained the recording.

"What you have suffered until now is only the initial skirmishes," the recording says.

"The real battle has not started yet."

The tape also calls for revenge against Americans, whom the voice dismisses as "neo-crusaders", and threatens nations who "collaborate" with the US.

"We do not expect justice, fairness or compliance with morals, principles or creeds from America," it said.

"It has set to the world an example in contempt for principles, including those in agreements it signed."

It is the first such tape said to be by Ayman al-Zawahri since May, when a recording broadcast by another Arab TV station urged to strike at the embassies and commercial interests of the US, Britain, Australia and Norway.

Ayman al-Zawahri - an Egyptian eye surgeon - is believed by some experts to have been the mastermind behind the 11 September attacks in the US.

He is number two on the US Government's Most Wanted Terrorists list - behind only Osama Bin Laden himself.

He was reportedly last seen in the eastern Afghan town of Khost in October 2001, and US officials believe he is still hiding in the Afghan-Pakistan border.

Many of the detainees have been held at the US base in Cuba for nearly two years, since the end of the US-led war in Afghanistan.

None of them have been charged with any crime.

Detainees come from countries including Afghanistan, Pakistan, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom, and include at least three teenagers.

The US has proposed to try some of the men - initially six - in a controversial system of military tribunals in which defence lawyers are appointed by US officials and the cases are heard by military judges.

They may face the death penalty if convicted.

The UK Government has been assured by Washington that two British citizens who have nominated to face the military tribunal will be spared a death sentence if found guilty.

However families of the detainees and human rights activists argue that the men will not be given a fair trial.

Human rights Activists say the detainees will not receive a fair trial, the fact that UK citizens don't get the same punishment as citizens of arabic countries is verry helpful for the extremists to "proof" that the US dosn't want justice but fight down Islam :(

So, lots of things i've seen from the war on terror helps the radicals to get more support in their countries.

Klaus

Klaus said:

So, lots of things i've seen from the war on terror helps the radicals to get more support in their countries.

Klaus
Not only the radicals,...

Klaus said:

Human rights Activists say the detainees will not receive a fair trial, the fact that UK citizens don't get the same punishment as citizens of arabic countries is verry helpful for the extremists to "proof" that the US dosn't want justice but fight down Islam :(

Klaus

Whatever. No offense, but I'm glad that you're not president. We have to be tough with people that were programmed from birth to fight a Jihad on infadels. They don't respond to reason. They only respond to film actions.

Re: Re: New Al Quaida audiotape aired

wolfwill23 said:

Whatever. No offense, but I'm glad that you're not president. We have to be tough with people that were programmed from birth to fight a Jihad on infadels. They don't respond to reason. They only respond to film actions.

FIRM actions, not film.

wolfwill23: don't worry, i'll never be the president of the United States ;)

I know that you can't convince the current generation of people who fight the Jihad, but you can try to significantly reduce the number of fighters in the next generation.
You have to isolate their movement from the mainstream.

Klaus

Back
Top Bottom