New Abu Ghraib Torture Video's Released - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2004, 04:06 PM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Ninety-four bad apples, Klaus.

I wonder if the Army investigated any abuse claims from the so-called "ghost" detainees?

But I guess it doesn't matter because the ends justify the means.

Old 07-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #77
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 03:18 PM
ThatGuy:
I don't think they investigated it because even for experienced politicans it's hard to convince public that these ghost detainees were also a evildoing of single soldiers

Old 07-24-2004, 02:39 AM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Rono
Anyone heard about the torture from childeren in front of thier parents ?
http://www.veteransforcommonsense.or...le.cfm?ID=1802
Old 07-24-2004, 05:26 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:18 PM
Torturing children is so grotesque it makes me sick. It's horrible. I don't know why that isn't known in this country. It should be.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:14 PM   #80
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:18 AM
The Old Olympic Training regime is out and Udays special prize winning formula of strict training and torture is over, take a guess at what these instruments were used for - this is another example of why I think that nude male pyramids although disgusting are abuse and not torture.

Is that the Sarcophagus from 'The Mummy', Uday collected movie props?

Im sure that was just a special brace to help poor Iraqi's with broken legs recover.

No that is not a comb.

A big vice, surely this was part of Uday's Auto Shop.

The remaining prop from the Iraqi Olympic Teams performance of 'The Man in the Iron Mask"
Old 07-25-2004, 06:56 AM   #81
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
A_Wanderer:
So what's your point? Uday did it to his people so why can't we in the name of Freedom and Counterterrorism?
Old 07-25-2004, 07:52 AM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

WTF??? Do you assume that I advocate this brutality, do you think that I am some sort of sadistic monster who believes that needless torture is justified. I am pointing this stuff out because you don't see it in the papers, I am doing this because it is too easy for people to look away from barbarity and say that War is Pointless and Iraqi's were better off under Saddam. Liberation is about saving people from this, it is about removing this regime from existence and allowing them to live their lives free from tyranny, I never ever advocate such criminal behaviour and to insinuate that I am trying to say that we should do the same things is downright wrong (I have also made it abundantly clear my opinion that in the case of the Ticking Timebomb Terrorist nonleatal and nonpermanent torture that is facilitated through the executive or judiciary is a definite option when many lives are at stake, this is worlds apart from advocating systematic torture as a means of interrogation or athletic motivation).

Take a good long look at what went on in Iraq pre-war and understand that that would have been a concequince of leaving Saddam in power, then ask yourself how many lives is such a peace worth.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:34 AM   #83
Refugee

A_Wanderer:
I read about this years ago in the paper when it was NEWS.
No i don't think you're an advocate of this brutality, i simply can't find the missing link between the torture of Iraqi citizens by the US army and the posted pictures.

I'm well informed what hapened in Iraq under Mr. Hussein and i'm well informed what hapened in Iraq when the coalition of the willing were there.
I'm also updating my information about Iraq under the new Iraqi non elected government and i'm looking forward to see the first democratic elections there
Old 07-25-2004, 08:47 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

This thread was never about torture by the US army it was about the Abu Ghraib torture video containing torture by Saddams thugs, as I said then and I reiterate now, most of what I saw done by the US army in the Abu Ghraib pictures was abuse, that was a failure of leadership and I am quite sure if they were systematically torturing prisoners in a high security wing they would use techniques that dont resemble a hazing ceremony. There is a very definite link between this thread and those pictures. The simply truth is that this video got bugger all attention in the media (1 article and 1 editorial within 2 weeks of its release) and I think that its important that people see what went on in Iraq before the war.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:01 AM   #85
Refugee

I'm Sorry A_Wanderer, i mixed up the threads - my fault